Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardcourtyard marriottbistro foodbistro stafffront deskshuttle serviceroom was cleanon demandnice lobbyan early morning flightstayed one nightrental carlate at nightfree shuttlecomfortable stayconvenient locationsalt lake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I found this hotel to be great close to the airport and the 24 hrs shuttle service to the airport.

What I liked:
The location
The shuttle service
The spacey rooms
the pool

What I did not like much:
The service given by the personnel at the front desk.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Danny D, Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for writing about your stay with us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback on our spacious rooms and shuttle service.

I apologize your experience with our front desk wasn't to your satisfaction. Next time you visit, we'd love to get another opportunity to go above and beyond for you. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and that you will have an opportunity to come back to our Courtyard soon.

Danny Dunbar
Sales Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I have no issue with this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and clean. There's a cafe and a pool/jacuzzi/gym. Breakfast is free if you don't mind walking over to the sister Marriott. It's close to the airport and freeway but I never heard planes or traffic.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed one night for a layover out of Salt Lake. The shuttle was easy to and from the airport. It does seem to stop last in of hotels in the Marriott chain. It was full both ways. Having read other reviews I asked the front desk for a quiet room. The front desk agent was able to give me a room away from the elevator and highway. It was great. The room was nice and well appointed. The wifi worked well. The room was very clean and functional. The bed was comfy and the shower had good pressure. I would recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bmoregirl
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's always fair to have low expectations of an airport hotel but this one definitely failed to cross even that low bar. It is a nice property and the staff was friendly and helpful at check in. The trouble started at lights out when I could hear the television in the room next to me like it was in my own room. Setting the A/C to fan made it quiet enough to sleep though it also made the room uncomfortable.
I called that evening to find out about shuttle schedules and was told to come down 15 minutes before I wanted to leave and I could just get on a shuttle - no need to reserve a seat. After waiting for over 30 minutes, I was told by the front desk the shuttle had not stopped at our hotel (2x) because it was full....a shuttle that seats 8 people was providing service for FOUR hotels. When I let them know how dissatisfied I was and suggested the hotel provide a cab, I was looked at like *I* was the problem.
You book an airport hotel for convenience. In that area the hotel failed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.

I apologize the shuttle service in the morning did not provide you with the convenience or timeliness you were promised the day before as well as noise between rooms. We strive for each guest to have a problem-free, safe, and productive stay with us. We missed this with you and are sorry.

We appreciate the kind comments about the hotel itself and the friendliness of our team. We will continue to improve our complimentary airport shuttle service with your feedback - thank you.

Lauren DeBoalt

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This Courtyard was recently renovated, but they failed to address the noise issue from adjacent I-80 interstate highway. The "courtyard" is open on one side, next to the Interstate; so the traffic noise enters the center of the building and echoes all around. Unbelievably, the in-wall climate units are always open to the outside; so the sound enters the room through the in-wall unit. Even with ear plugs, the sound of semis filled my night. I tried to turn the in-wall unit fan on, but the controls did not allow this.
I am a Marriott Platinum Premier member and when I called down to the desk, asking for a different room, I was told that all the rooms were like this.
Not a good stay for the night of 25 Oct 13

Bill Butler

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback.

I apologize you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. For our lighter sleepers, we do offer earplugs and a few white noise machines, but we recognize these are not solutions fit for every guest. We continue to grow and improve from constructive criticism, so thank you.

Lauren DeBoalt