“Great hotel close to the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Great hotel close to the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This courtyard hotel is very close to the Salt Lake City airport, it takes less than 5 minutes to get there. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Desk staff was courteous and helpful.

The only issue I encountered was the bistro staff was a bit overwhelmed during the breakfast rush. Both mornings I had to remind them to get my coffee when they brought out my breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am a HUGE fan of Marriotts and absolutely love Courtyards. I even frequent my local Courtyard at home just for the wine and pizza since their lobbies are so fun.

This one, however, needs a bit of updating in the following areas: we need toilets that flush; better outlets for multiple electronics (laptops, cell phones, notebooks, nooks)....

Dirty carpets greet you. I'm surprised.

Still a Marriott fan - their beds rock. Maybe next time, I'll check out the other Marriotts near the airport.

Green Features: Can't imagine that Marriott does anything wrong here. Love their world-wide smoke free rules which they had before any other hotel had it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. One of the ways we improve is through constructive criticism like yours, so thank you for sharing. We hope the next time your travels bring you back to Salt Lake, we can live up to and exceed your Marriott expectations.

Best,
Lauren DeBoalt
General Manager Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Airport
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I was impressed by the courtesy and professionalism of the staff. The in hotel restaurant staff was helpful and the food was very good. Because there were no restaurants close by, having in house dining was important. The room was comfortable and spacious. For a frequent business traveler, it has all the amenities. Being located close to the airport was a plus as well.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pennmaster
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 4/28/14 to 5/2/14. I arrived at the hotel at 9:30am & was checked in right away. The staff at the front desk were very pleasant. The staff in the Bistro were very nice also.
The room was a nice size with a king bed.overlooking a garden. Bed was very comfortable. There was a microwave & a mini-fridge in the room.
The Bistro was good for breakfast which was the only meal I ate there. Utah has the strangest liquor laws I've ever encountered. If you want an alcoholic beverage you have to order something to eat. This is not Marriott's policy.
The pool & Jacuzzi are indoors.
I would like to thank Christian Roman for upgrading my room & having my belongings moved to the new room while I was out for the day. The hotel is only about a 5 minute ride from the hotel. I did not use the shuttle service but I can understand people being confused because the van has Hilton on it. I would like to have stayed here again in August but the rate is higher then what I payed for this visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel met my two most important requirements when I travel, it was clean and convenient. The staff were all very friendly, which is always an added bonus. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in the SLC area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

A cancelled flight forced me to stay overnight in Salt Lake. From the greeting, check-in, everything was exceptional. Cristian Roman, the assistant general manager saw me picking up a newspaper and offered to send out to get me any paper I wanted. Because of a restricted diet, I later asked if it was possible for someone to pick up a small jar of peanut butter for me. I offered to pay for it plus extra for expenses. He said he would get it and add only the cost of the purchase to my bill. He later knocked on my door, delivering it personally with a note. I thanked him, sat down & then opened the note. I quote the note:"Mr. Maple, Thank you for choosing the Courtyard SLC Airport for your stay here in Salt Lake. Please enjoy this peanut butter on us. We're "nuts" about pleasing our guests! Regards, Cristian". I'm nuts about this kind of service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Painesville Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a very nice stay here, all employees were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, has a desk, free wifi, The bed was especially comfortable. The one drawback here is there is no restaurant. They now have a bistro where you can get sandwiches. drinks..Has a swimming pool, hot tub and nice exercise room. Great service from everyone. conveniently located 5 mintues from the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a detailed review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback.

While the Bistro is not a formal restaurant, once a guest orders food, he or she is welcome to sit down and be served anywhere in the lobby. We're open breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Again, thanks for your business. We hope to see you again soon!

Best,