“Awesome room, amenities and price”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome room, amenities and price”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed at Little America during the Outdoor Retailer event and it was excellent. Staying at Little America gives you all the amenities at the main building like the fitness center and hot tub, but with a low price. And the room was awesome. While it's an outside walk-in room, it certainly didn't feel like it. They did the renovation right! Highly recommend.

1 Thank Gerry O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This place should be marked as 2 1/2 or 3 stars max. The rooms are awfully old and outdated. The bathroom in the room was covered in black hairs, the sink was clogged up, I had to call them in this twice. As soon as I touched the drawer in the table the handle fell off, same with towel bar in hallway sink. I understand if the room has one or two issues, but seriously, anything you touch is falling off . The showers in the gym had faulty valves and hot water would only run for 15 seconds, besides the kid who through out in the pool and they had to close it down. Anyways, awful experience, definitely not worth a four star!!!

• Stayed January 2013
TheGrandAmerica, General Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the information about your stay. I am sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Please know that I have shared your comments with my staff as it is important for them to hear about our guest’s experience. We have made several changes to our guest rooms and will continue to do so.
Thank you again for making us aware of the details of your stay. If you have any further comments about your stay, you are welcome to email me directly.

Ed Box
Little America Hotel
edbox@littleamerica.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have stayed at Little America and Grand America (across the street) several times. Both are gorgeous hotels with excellent service. I think Little America is an incredible value because the rooms are just as nice as those across the street, but the price is more affordable. Our tower room had a large marble bathroom, separate vanity/dressing area with an additional sink, a comfortable king bed, and a sitting area with small dining table, desk, and love seat. We had a lovely view of the Wasatch mountains. The Coffee Shop is nice for a casual meal, and you can always walk across the street for the Garden Cafe at Grand America if you're looking for a more upscale meal. I also highly recommend the spa at Grand America. My fiance arranged a flower delivery with the concierge, and we were quite pleased with the results.

Room Tip: I love the tower rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

When you check in you have high hopes of a "nice" place, then you go out in the cold weather to find your room. You get there and it doesn't look like its been updated since the 50's. It's cold and the door doesn't like to shut, you push it closed really hard then go to the heat. Yes, no heat. With the doors facing outside you have constant noise from the parking lot that makes it impossible to get any rest on top of everyone's doors not closing right. Save your money and stay in the park.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
TheGrandAmerica, Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are constantly looking for and finding ways to improve our property and our rooms. It is our regret that you did not contact us during your stay so we would have the chance to make every attempt to make sure you had a more comfortable stay. If you have any further comments about your stay, you are welcome to email me directly. I hope to have you stay with us again so that we can restore your complete confidence with us.

Ed Box
Little America Hotel, Salt Lake
edbox@littleamerica.com
Cedar City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

I have been staying here since the early 80s. I hope they never change the decor, I love to visit SLC and look forward to it because I stay at Little America. Oh wait it hasn't changed in all that time. We stay here up to 8 times each year. We have also stayed multiple times where we take all of our children most of them with partners and stay for a week, several times we have stayed from Christmas to New Years. We love the indoor outdoor pool. I use the workout area. We gather on the second floor around the fireplace and talk in the evening. It's like our own private area. We have breakfast or brunch every morning at the Coffee Shop, great. We have dinner there about half the time and love what they now call Seafood Chowder. Having the Trax Train so close is really nice to get around town. The staff in all areas have always been fantastic. The only complaint or advice I would give is don't get a room next to the Elevator. As you can tell I love this place.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Clayton Lorna C
Moab
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Awsome garden room,awsome check in, doorman opened the door everytime I went in. What a great place to stay. Great breakfast and the waitress (fong) is a fun ball of fire. Your coffee cup will stay full with her at the scene.

Room Tip: Garden rooms directly south of the lobby are the best new and clean.
Denmark
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Nice and cosy hotel with good atmosfere. Super freindly and helpfull staff. Biiiig rooms, biiiiig beds, nice silent and clean as wanted. I stayed in the "tower" and everything worked as it should.
Big parking area right next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lifts; they are 100% safe, but are a little noisy.
1 Thank Flemmingt123