“I dont get it.”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 14 November 2013

For years I've heard great things about this place so on a recent trip I decided to try it out.
What did I find? It is slightly better than average. It is more like a glorified Motel 6. Yes the rooms were clean but I didn't find them to be anything special. In fact, the decor was rather old. The bed and pillows were slightly better than average. (Personally one of the things I don't like about a hotel design like this is when you walk right out of your room into the parking lot. The designs tend to me a bit noisier whenever someone parks their car at night.)

Don't get me wrong. You can't go wrong here. It is clean and well managed. It is just not a remarkable place, especially for the price.

My review shouldn't say average. It should say a really good average place. Does this make any sense to you?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Wil_from_Va
There are newer reviews for Little America Hotel

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Its not a four seasons. It is a great hotel, immaculate, great staff and wonderful rooms.
Like I said, the fun part is in being surprised as to how good a hotel it really is. Quite enjoyed the stay here.

Room Tip: Any room is fun
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was in SLC to run a two-day training program. The hotel was top rate with comfortable appointments and no worn carpet or leaky faucets. Room was spacious--as with most places I would have liked more electrical outlets. I did have difficulty getting the thermostat to warm the room up. The audio-visual staff was very prompt, friendly, and knowledgeable, helping me get my computer and projector up and running quickly. The hotel is doing a lot of renovation, and my participants were sometimes bothered by a glue or paint smell, but that is temporary.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I went to SLC in October of 2013 to attend my son's wedding. We all stayed at the Little America except for the Bride and Groom, who were across the street at the Grand America. Give me the Little any time! I stayed in the tower, which is recommended. I don't recall ever being in a room in which everything was spotless, highly polished, perfectly arranged, and beautifully laid out. I could not complain about ONE thing, and I am picky!

It's splendor like you see in movies from an earlier time. The wood furniture is solid wood and beautifully made. The room is enormous, with a separate powder room and separate sitting area -- AND a beautiful balcony overlooking the city. The lighted make-up mirror revealed every chin hair, the shower was more like a spa with the round bath tub.

No microwave, but who needs it? The in-room coffee was better than most, and there was ice in my room every day.

There was even turn-down service! All for a very reasonable price. I will stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay in the tower, and be prepared for a bit of a crowd in the parking lot on Saturday ni...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JamieNYC10003
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stay at Little America in the tower each time we visit to ski. It's conveniently located in downtown SLC, close to the airport and interstate, making travel to ski resorts easy. Rooms are big and clean. Staff is helpful. Both restaurants are decent. The tower has garage parking - a must for cold, snowy mornings.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed the week for work when visiting, nice clean hotel although it is more along the line of suites as the rooms are quite large.

Nice restaurant and bar downstairs although the menu choice after 3 days was a bit repetative - quality was good though.

Gym was useful but not a huge choice of equipment - never used the pool but looked ok.

Location is close to centre SLC - tram ride is free to the centre. Would stay again for work

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. The property is beautiful and going through a renovation so there is only restaurant and it is a catch all bar/restaurant/ coffee house. There is limited seating the "bar" so dont expect a place to unwind.

The food itself was good but overpriced. The buffet was amazing but over $20 so when I can only eat one plate not really worth it.

The staff was amazing and the rooms are clean and spacious. Others are right the beds are HARD but the bedding is nice. One complaint I did have was that it was always hot in the hotel. It never got below 69 even with the air blasting in my room.

The location was nice with free trolley going through the downtown for sight seeing.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business