“Nice Hotel - Excellent Service”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Ferndale, Washington
“Nice Hotel - Excellent Service”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived late at night while on an extended family road trip. The service was fantastic! The front desk staff both at night and in the morning were professional and efficient (the morning staff was downright cheerful.) The highlight, however, was the bellman (Jessie? - young, dark hair - working the evening of 6/20/14.) He was quick, helpful, patient, and efficient. Moreover, he performed the bellman routine (emergency exits, room features, ice machine, offering advice, selling the restaurants) perfectly. The hotel itself was very nice, very well maintained but showing its age in some places. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone traveling to or through Salt Lake City!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GregH85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Was in town for a week for a conference with a business associate and we shared a double queen bed room. It was plenty big enough for both of us and any issues we had were dealt with swiftly and efficiently by maintenance and housekeeping. I requested firm pillows and within 5 minutes they were delivered. Our sliding wire door's lock was broken and it was fixed within the hour. The bell boy recommended a fabulous supermarket to me (Harmons) which was my go to all week for fresh salads, fruit and more. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear seeyahale -

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and we are glad to hear that we have earned your loyalty as a lodging choice in Salt Lake City. Again, thank you for your comments.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were very happy with the check-in, the services, the lobby and the room itself, which was large and equipped with a refrigerator, safe, iron and many towels and nice toiletries. There were only small flaws like a light that was not working in the bathroom but everything else was very comfortable. We had a garden room but although there was a tree outside the window, the view was mostly of the parking area. Good parking areas. The pool is very nice and open late.

Room Tip: Before unloading luggage, be sure to see where the entrances are and where the elevator is located...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Northern Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with two little kids as a one night stopover on a long road trip. I only have one complaint, the front desk at check in was short with me, like she had something else to do and just wanted to be done helping me. Every other staff member was great. Hotel was nice, clean, and safe. Kids loved the pool. Location was convenient to things we wanted to go see. Price was right for a downtown hotel in a major metro area.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Chris S
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

In August 2013 I was given a tour of both Little America and Grand America. I decided on booking close to 200 room nights at LA. We were given a good rate, but ultimately the rooms we wanted were not available (under construction...but found out that they were available at a higher rate). When I complained, I was offered a "deal" at Grand America at a great deal more than what I was offering my attendees at LA. I constantly felt I was a victim of "bait and switch." Do not book a group rate, instead insist on a contract (which I was told I didn't need). The rooms vary a great deal and even the room at Grand America that I paid $179/night for was not as nice as the (original) price at LA in the Tower for $119 (which mysteriously were not available, except some of my folks asked at the desk and got rooms that even I, the planner, could not get). Also, read your bill carefully. I've booked meetings all over the U.S. I will never book one here again. Staff was friendly; room was clean; lobbies were impressive; breakfast at LA was good. So I am not putting the whole experience down...just my frustrations as a meeting planner.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are far desirable. Grand America is not worth the extra money plus they charge for park...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GAHotelsandResorts, Executive Director of Sales at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Mary,

It was a pleasure speaking with you and I’m glad that we were able to discuss the happenings with your group. I appreciate your time and the opportunity to better understand the unusual circumstances. Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly staff, impressive accommodations and food. I look forward to exceeding your expectations during the planning process of your next visit.

Thank you for your business.

Frank Harris
Executive Director of Sales
SR
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My business associate booked the hotel and I was unaware hotels could actually look quaint and still have mass. The normal city hotels across this vast land are usually boring and especially the ones in Florida. We mostly ate conference food in the hotel and it was better than average. I was hoping to eat at the steak house in the hotel, but it is undergoing renovations. I noticed the other restaurant was booked for lunch and dinner, but we never had a chance to try the food or services. During the two night stay I was able to use the workout facility. It was large and had numerous machines and weights. Very nice. The pool was split indoors and outdoors even though I didn't bring my swimming trunks I was still tempted to take a dip. The decor in the lobby was rustic western, but classy at the same time. Overall the room was nice and spacious.
I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: I did hear other speaking about portions of the hotel not having elevator access since they were in...
1 Thank roadkill678
West Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The company I work for booked this room for me. I've not had great luck, so I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised! The lobby is beautiful- marble columns, huge floral arrangements. Staff was helpful and courteous. The room was large and comfortable and nicely decorated. The bathroom had a huge bathtub and a mini fridge. The hotel is right on the Traxx line, so if you are a light sleeper, be aware of the rooms on the north side of the property or ask when you book.

The coffee shop was excellent, and much better than I expected. Their homemade rolls at dinner were delicious! Breakfast was tasty and very quick. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid rooms facing the public transportation tracks.
2 Thank M5flyerschick
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear M5flyerschick-

Thank you for taking the time to review The Little America on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked the food in the Coffee Shop. We hope to be your lodging choice upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.