“Nice to be across from the Grand America”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Arlington, VA
“Nice to be across from the Grand America”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

So, this is the less expensive version of the Grand America. I think you get more than your money's worth. My review refers to the the "bungalow" rooms in the back, which are less expensive. You get a cramped room with a beautiful bathroom, great towels, working wi-fi, comfortable beds, good A/C and a nice TV. Only major missing option is a refrigerator (and I don't know where'd they'd put it). Nice fitness / pool facility and plenty of parking. That said, across the street is amazing lux at the Grand: Only you can decide whether's it's worth the $$$. The Courthouse UTA/Trax stop is just a block away and gives you direct free-zone access to downtown/Temple Square, shopping, and (for all of $2.50) the airport.
p.s. I cannot recommend Little America's Coffee Shop...this review is just for the hotel/accommodations.

Room Tip: Be upstairs if you choose the "bungalow" rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ARLVAGUY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our third stay at Little America, we were in a garden room near the main entrance, there were coaches with there engines running from 5am every morning of our six day stay, not a very pleasant wake up call!! There are a lot or renovations going on at the moment and if we had known we would have chosen another hotel. Normally I would recommend this hotel 100% but this stay was very disappointing, I'm sure once all the renovations have been completed it will be back to the grand old lady it has always been.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main entrance have less traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EBRW
Fresno, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed in the presidential suite the night of our wedding before leaving town. It was such a beautiful and large penthouse! The hotel also went above and beyond and left us some sparkling cider, roses, strawberries as well as a keep sake key with our anniversary date on it! Loved staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear GregoryandMichelle -

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you had a nice stay in the presidential suite. Congratulations and we hope to welcome you back again upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.
Seven Fields, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We loved staying at the Little America Hotel. The location is amazing and the staff was polite, friendly, and very helpful. The rooms are clean and well stocked. The pools, hot tub, dressing area and work out room are great. My favorite part was the hotel restaurant! The food was incredible and very reasonable. I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: We liked staying in the courtside rooms, but the hotel is very nice too.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Andrea W-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Little America. We are humbled by your kind remarks and honored that you have recommended us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Little America in the future. Until then, we remain at your service.
Cumbria
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Liked it here, we got a great deal on a room, the hotel has many different grades and types of room, I think we were in perhaps the most basic of rooms but they were still very nice, we were outside the main building in one of the outdoor blocks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Everyone at Little America was very hospitable. The servers in the coffee shop, the valet men who suggested I take their shuttle for $12 to the airport (instead of how I came in which was on the Unirail (train) for $2.50, the Conciere staff, the desk attendants, the ladies who provided housekeeping all were helpful and friendly and made my stay a very enjoyable one. My room was adequate, light, somewhat cozy, clean (except for the air vent which was dusty). Shutter blinds blocked the morning light or let it in whichever I wanted. A local newspaper was at my door every morning. I used the recorded msg wake up call which always called at the exact appointed time.

I asked for a quiet room away from the pool and the main driveway to the courtyard rooms which is where I stayed since those prices are more reasonable. I was accommodated and other than voices when people came in at night and hearing running water next door, it was quiet. I never heard a TV or voices once people were in their rooms.

I met some local people who came there to eat regularly for breakfast or dinner. The food was average to good but not excellent. A little expensive I thought. I had a b'fast wrap one morning and it was ~$11.00. Soup was good. I never had dessert as I don't indulge in sweets. Lasagna was just fine, not the best I've had, but certainly tasty.

Conciere especially Stephanie who worked at night was very helpful with maps and suggestions of places to eat and printed my boarding pass. The other lady made reservations for City Sights, a 4-hour local tour of the city which included a nice lunch at a cafeteria style restaurant once Brigham Young's home. I definitely would consider staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Sue -

Thank you very much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We are always delighted to hear from our guests as part of our continual effort to improve their experience. We are honored to have earned your trust and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This property is very nice and clean. Ample parking, housekeeping, and staff friendly! Had one small problem.... A very nice supervisor, Brice, fixed the problem we would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: A large property, one square block. We were one room from the street and slept like babies....no sou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business