Little America Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Salt Lake City Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$202
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$112
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$182
  • Pool
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$113
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$151
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$202
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$133
GardenInn.com
US$143
US$134
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$152
ComfortSuites
1,948 results
All reviewscoffee shoptower roommain towergrand americaindoor outdoor poolpink tilemotel stylesalt lakedressing roomdressing areaturn down servicehigh riserooms are hugetemple squarelight railno elevatorparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stay here a few times a year. We love the family friendly atmosphere while still offering service and quality. If we are traveling with our children we request a garden room but if we are traveling without we request a tower room. The rooms and bathrooms are large. We love the beautiful grounds and fountains. We love the charm of this hotel that has been around for a long time. My only complaint was the carpet throughout looked like it had been wet in the building we stayed in last.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After three days of camping in Yellowstone, we headed here. I had done my Tripadvisor research but still wasn't prepared for how happy I would be. First, as a Bay Area gal, I can say that you would not be able to stay in a hotel of this caliber for such a great price. What value!
Upon entering, I was greeted by hotel staff. The lobby area is inviting and lively. There's some old charm, but with modern touches.
Our room was clean comfortable and large. The bathroom was pink! The bathroom was big. The room was spacious for our two active young boys and for all of our stuff. I felt like we were in a luxurious setting, walking down hallways with ornate decor, under chandeliers, and with classical music.
We loved the rooftop indoor/outdoor pool. At night, it's magical and quite the respite up there.
Then, there was the coffee house. Each meal was superb! I suggest the salmon. I also suggest going there for breakfast. I had some delicous house granola with fresh fruit.
I don't imagine I'll go to SLC often, but if and when I do, I know where I will stay . If only there were more Little Americas.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LittleLily29
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is so contagious that it becomes a repeat offender of my pocket book! I stay here yearly with my husband and occasionally we invite one of our grandchildren to stay over with us. The rooms are large and comfortable and oh so very clean. Both of my grandsons, which we took on separate occasions, thought we were staying in a castle! We perpetuated the fantasy to keep the magic and wonder going.
They have a pool that is indoor AND outdoor, with a vinyl flap separating the two. In the winter, the outdoor pool is warmly heated so you can still enjoy it. They have a hot tub just adjacent to the pool as well.
I love the tower rooms but I am just as content in the garden rooms. Both are spacious, lush and very quiet. The hotel staff was so accommodating when we were staying with our grandsons, being mindful to put us in a room where we could easily walk through the hotel to get to the pool rather than having to go across the parking lot. I very much appreciated that as it is no fun to walk outside in December when you are wet from the pool.
The downtown Trax transportation is free in this area. You can visit Temple Square, Gateway Mall, Abravanel Hall or City Creek Center. The Gateway Mall has theaters that are easily accessible by rail and if you have children with you, the Discovery Gateway is a wonderful and inexpensive way to let your kids get rambunctious in a zone created just for them! There are plenty of dining options, entertainment options, historical options, etc.
My favorite place to eat is in the Little America hotel Coffee Shop by far! Their hamburgers are the best around and the breakfasts are second to none. Much detail is given to the quality of their meals. For fun or future planning, walk across and take a look at the Grand America, it's lovely in its extravagance. On one visit to look around this lovely hotel, my husband and I actually met Earl Holding. We had no idea who we were talking to at the time but found out later that the off the rack suited, sneaker bedecked gentleman who asked us how we liked the hotel, was actually the billionaire owner of it! Who knew in downtown Salt Lake City, you could meet such prestigious folks?
You will feel like a queen, eat like a king but the cost will feel as if you only need the pocketbook of a peasant...

Room Tip: My preference is always going to be a tower room. Ask for one on a corner so you get the best view. You might also ask if they have one with a main street view. Floors 17 and above are my favorite. If you are traveling with older children, they have adjacent rooms with a door so you can get some sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank oceangrlz
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear oceangrlz -

Thank you again for your most thoughtful feedback and for recommending us so highly. We certainly recognize there are many options available for your consideration in the Salt Lake City area. We are honored you chose the Little America Hotel once again. Have a happy and safe rest of your summer! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Little America Hotel in the future and until then, we will remain at your service.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Our tower room was enormous!! The beds were very comfortable and the room very quiet. The bathtub was awesome, and there was a great room connecting the bath/bedroom that could be shut off from the rest of the room. The lobby is beautiful and the staff was perfect!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank travelerdiver
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Now not everyone in the world has a 9 to 5 job or is on vacation when they check into a hotel. So when I call and explain that I won't be checking in until 1:00am, I would like them to put me somewhere really quite, better yet inform me that construction will start at 7 am.
I dropped 250.00 on a room for the night. I expected it to be perfect.

I will give them credit. The suite was amazing! The first time I seriously considered taking a bath. It was exceptionally clean. But I'm a freak and notice everything....the small hair in the tub. I'm sure this was just from the house keeper and could have been washed down.

Everything was how it should have been right up until 7AM when I had to cover my head because of the drilling.

They did take off 40% for my inconvenience, so I'm not going to knock them too much.

Great place...just some construction. Bring ear pluggs!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo