Little America Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Salt Lake City)
1,947 results
All reviewscoffee shoptower roommain towergrand americaindoor outdoor poolpink tilemotel stylesalt lakedressing roomdressing areaturn down servicehigh riserooms are hugetemple squarelight railno elevatorparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The place is mainly laid out like a motor lodge (long rambling two-story building surrounding a large parking lot) but is so much nicer than most! The rooms are clean, big, well-appointed, and have lots of old-style charm. The bathrooms are big and modern. There's also a huge front lobby with a coffee shop and a bar, as well as steak house restaurant (closed when we were there) and a number of event spaces. Plus there is a "tower" of rooms above that, in case you prefer that. There are fountains outside, fresh flowers in the lobby, two lovely pools, a fitness room, and very helpful staff. The housekeeping crew always did a great job and everyone at the front desk, at the pools and in the restaurants were eager to help. We were two adults, but it's a great place to stay with kids because of the pools and large rooms, plus it's close to downtown so you don't need a car. You can get to the airport in 20 minutes via transit that's just one block away! And it was such a pretty hotel!

The only drawback is that a few people in our group had to switch rooms because of either mobility issues or strollers. It wasn't a problem, but just fyi that not every room is fully accessible, so you need to be clear of what you need when you book.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank R R
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear RR -

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and are glad to hear that we have earned your loyalty as a lodging choice in Salt Lake City. Again, thank you again for your comments. Safe travels back to Toronto!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel had a very helpful and friendly staff but some things were less than on par. First of all, they said I had a garden room, the only trace of a garden was the bushes outside the window. There was a lipstick stain on one of the glasses when I got into the room. I'm glad I looked at the glass before needing it, I used the other one after I cleaned it good. The door key was hard to get used to and it didn't work some of the time. The place was ok but if I had to stay in Salt Lake again, I would probably look at staying other places before choosing this one.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor so I heard a lot of the traffic outside. Also, I was opposite the door to the parking lot, so I heard a lot of that traffic also.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

All time favorite hotel! We stayed in the tower for the first time to celebrate our 10th visit to the Little America. It was nice; a little bigger and a little more luxurious than the Garden King we usually stay in, but not really worth the $50 upcharge. Will go back to the Garden King on our next visit - can't go wrong! Love the new renovations that have happened since our last visit and looking forward to seeing the new restaurant on our return in March.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mainem0m
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel looks like 2 floors motel (except main building) so we could park car near our room. Rooms are not big but lovely decorated in cute old/American style. Nice bed and bathroom
Fast wi fi
We didn't use any facilities in this hotel, but territory seems very clean and convenient
But!!! It was noisy in the nights (our wing was a last one near the street).

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Denis U
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stay here a few times a year. We love the family friendly atmosphere while still offering service and quality. If we are traveling with our children we request a garden room but if we are traveling without we request a tower room. The rooms and bathrooms are large. We love the beautiful grounds and fountains. We love the charm of this hotel that has been around for a long time. My only complaint was the carpet throughout looked like it had been wet in the building we stayed in last.

• Stayed: July 2014