Little America Hotel
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$202
Hampton.com
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$98
AscendHotels
  • Room Service
US$152
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$132
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$154
  • Restaurant
US$169
  • Pool
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
US$428
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$163
GardenInn.com
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$167
Sheraton.com
1,961 results
All reviewscoffee shoptower roommain towergrand americaindoor outdoor poolpink tilemotel stylesalt lakedressing roomdressing areaturn down servicehigh riserooms are hugetemple squarelight railno elevatorparking lot
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Relatively inexpensive and great location. The lobby and common areas are fantastic and misleading. When I checked in I was wowed by the lobby. I was directed to my room outside and down a ways through a parking lot with no sidewalk until I reached the building. And the sight was a shock. As lush as the lobby was this was 180 degrees different. Tired, dirty, and in need of repair. The garden room was in what looked like a "notel" motel. The interior was small and very clean. The furniture is old and beat up. The bed was comfortable. Coffee Shop has fantastic food. I would stay again but I'd request a room in the main building.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Japruzze
Reviewed 21 August 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Staying the week in Salt Lake City. Having lived here years ago, decided to stay at Little America. Wow! It's better than ever. Great service. Huge room in the tower. While walking down the hall for some ice, I passed a maids cart, she saw my ice bucket and said "here you go" and produced a bag of ice from her cooler, saved me the walk down to the end and back, etc. All our service has been like that. The "Steak Pit" was closed for renovation, but the food in the Coffee Shop was excellent! Try the Mufflata (awesome) make sure you're hungry. The train stop is right on the corner, handy! You'll pay 60% of a comparable room in an upscale hotel. Nicer than the Ritz Carleton in Atlanta. Definitely returning!

Room Tip: Views from the tower rooms are fabulous!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear michael t -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Little America. We are humbled by your kind remarks and honored that you have recommended us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Little America in the future. Until then, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've never been somewhere quite like Little America, and am still left trying to figure it out. Is it a throwback to the motor lodges of the 50s and 60s? Or is it an upscale, luxury destination?

I think it's both.

Little America seems to be two properties in one. The main hotel is beautiful - chandeliers, marble, beautiful pool and swinging crooners on the sound system. But the outer part of the hotel is a few decades behind. Doors that face the parking lot. A swimming pool that is actually IN the parking lot. Unfortunately, my room was in the outer part. The room felt a bit rundown and smelled kind of musty. The bathroom is quite small and the shower drain was backed up. (In fact, it took a good bit of wrangling to be able to actually turn the shower off. Weird.) Also, my room safe didn't work, and when I called maintenance to fix it, they never showed up. BUT the room was very clean, so that's a plus.

However, the inside part of the hotel looked beautiful. Nice gym. Lovely pool on the 2nd floor. Nice lobby. Made me wish I was part of the special people that got to stay in that building. :)

That being said, everyone on staff was extremely kind and accommodating (except for maintenance, but not a big deal). Especially Fong in the restaurant - she was wonderful. The food was also good, both in the restaurant and room service. And, like I said, everything in my room was spotless.

I probably would have given Little America 4 stars if it was just the main building. But the older outside rooms and the trek to and from the parking lot for everything makes it 3 stars for me. That being said, I wouldn't mind staying here again. I'd just request the main building.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jme1220
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is clean, centrally located, and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. The location is perfect for walking to City Creek Mall or grabbing a bite to eat. We are staying in a garden room with the inside corridor and loved most of our stay here. Housekeeping does a superb job of keeping our room clean and always greets us with a smile. Dining at the hotel restaurant is enjoyable, amidst a bit of a wait at times. If you want to avoid the lines, room service is great. The hotel staff is very professional and goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Overall, this hotel is a hidden gem in downtown SLC. However, it is the noise level that has put a damper on our experience. We are staying here for an extended period of time and the only reason this wonderful hotel doesn't get five stars in our opinion is the noise level. This cacophony is not generated by loud guests but unfortunately by housekeeping who perhaps forgets that not all guests check out after one night. We have been serenaded with slamming doors and hallway noise every day for the past two weeks. This makes for a rather unpleasant stay especially when one is trying to relax during a family vacation.

I would stay here again but my ONLY complaint is the noise level which is something that the hotel management can easily remedy by speaking to the staff or adding hydraulic hinges to doors so that they slow down upon closing. What good is a comfortable room if you can’t relax because of doors being slammed throughout the day. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for families, but unless something is done about the noise level, plan on not getting any peace and quiet between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family