This was simply the most regrettable hotel experience we've had in years - and we travel. A lot.
We'd not gotten on our flight to Paris, so started searching online - at the airport - for a place to crash for the night until we could get out the next morning. I'd stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and it was okay. Especially considering the price.
The moment we got into the room, we should have left, but it'd been a long, frustrating day and we were exhausted. The room smelled bad. Like sweat and wet dogs. Couldn't figure it out. But we changed and went to dinner down the street - at the Comfort Inn, where we will stay the next time.
It has a restaurant.
This place has gotten so old, tired, beat up and just profoundly sad on top of the smell. It seemed dirty. The bedding looked like something better suited for a homeless shelter. Worn out beyond belief. No plug ins to charge devices. Carpet and such from maybe 20 years ago. Stale, dark and dingy.
At midnight, my husband got out of bed to go to the bathroom, and woke me asking if I'd see if I thought the carpet was wet on my side.
Yup. Squishy wet carpet. Yikes!
He went to the front desk to inquire. They said that our room had been rented for an extended length of time, and had to be thoroughly cleaned - including the carpet. One could only imagine.
They must of shampooed the carpet but forgot to suck the water out. I wanted to change rooms but they didn't have anything. Now it's about 12:30 a.m. and we need to be up at 6:00 a.m. .... No sleep.
Neither of us could bring ourselves to shower in the place in the wee hours of the morning - had to get to the airport and try for a different flight ... all the way to Paris without a shower because of this awful hotel that needs to be closed.
Don't stay here. Whatever the price you'll regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Easily accessible from Interstate 80 (Exit 113) and located just minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport, our 100% NON-SMOKING airport hotel is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. We offer free airport transportation to our guests. Downtown Salt Lake City and its many attractions are just minutes away. POINTS OF INTEREST close to this Salt Lake City, UT hotel include: • Salt Lake City International Airport (4 miles) • Rocky Mountain Raceways - A NASCAR sanctioned oval track and drag strip • Utah State Fair Park • E center, Energy Solutions Arena • University of Utah • Delta Center - home of the Utah Jazz • Historic Temple Square - featuring over twenty must-see attractions related to Mormon pioneer history and genealogy • Lagoon Amusement Park (20 minutes drive) • Nearby ski resorts (including Park City) - provides great shopping and dining options • Discovery Gateway Children's Museum - 60,000 square feet of interactive fun • Franklin Covey Field - catch a Salt Lake Bees Baseball game • American Museum of Natural History - exhibits of ancient fossils and severe weather. Discover mysteries of the cosmos and admire the collection of mounted animals. • Utah Museum of Arts - over 18000 art objects spanning 5000 years of human creativity • City Creek Center - over 100 shops to find bargain deals • Additional attractions in the area include the Salt Palace Convention Center, the Family History Library, Abravanel Hall, Trolley Square, The Hogle Zoo, Kennecott Utah Copper, Beehive house, Utah Olympic Park, Great Salt Lake State Park and Crossroads Plaza Mall FEATURES AND AMNETIES: HOTEL • 100% NON SMOKING FACILITY • Friendly Guest Service/24 hour front desk • Park & Fly packages available • Free Airport Shuttle • Braille Elevator • Bus/Truck Parking • Free HOT continental breakfast • Business Center • Fitness Center • Guest Laundry • Free wireless high-speed Internet access • Free local calls • Interior Corridor • Seasonal outdoor pool • Pet-friendly hotel • Meeting/conference room • Wake up call • Adjacent Gas Station, Restaurant, Food court, Subway ROOM • TV with 46 channels including Starz, ESPN, ShowTime, Disney • In-room Coffee Maker • Free Wi-Fi Internet • Wired Internet • Iron and Ironing Board • Hair Dryer • Free local calls • Refrigerator and Microwave * Selected rooms only • 32" TVs * Selected rooms • Accessible Features BUSINESS • High Speed Wi-Fi Internet • High Speed Wired Internet • Business Center • Fitness Center • Free Local Calls • In-room Desk and office chair • In-room Coffee Maker • Speaker phone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Airport Hotel
- Salt Lake City Best Western
- Best Western Salt Lake City
- Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City North America