“Good Hotel , Nice service and warm welcome”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It's very good hotel , Nice Service . Staff is very nice and warm welcome. A bit worry about homeless people in the area but they are not harmful to you. Just a bit noisy. Over all of this hotel is very good . I love the service , 24 hrs of Starbucks coffee , Tea , Hot Chocolate. I will stay with Hampton Inn Downtown again if I back in the next trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Penpuck P

Reviewed 16 August 2014

All things considered, the down town Salt Lake City Hampton is the best facility that I have stayed at. The hotel is central to so many interesting things to do such as shopping, museums, parks and restaurants. Also because of its location it is easy to get to all points of the city. You will not be disappointed by your stay at this Hampton!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been sitting in my room listening to the loudest bass I have ever heard. It's after 9pm and I have an early flight. So I'm not amused. Checking with the hotel staff, they said there's a concert down the street every Thursday. So I'd strongly recommend staying here, if you want to risk it, every day except Thursday. This racket is ruining an otherwise ok hotel.

I definitely wouldn't stay here again due to the noise factor, although it's otherwise an ok place and a fairly typical Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side on the end opposite the Wendy's to avoid the loud noise from c...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marley M
slc425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Marley M,

I sincerely apologize for the noise from the concert during your stay. Our guests’ comfort is my number one concern. Since you were not satisfied please reach out to me to discuss what we can do to invoke our 100% Hampton guarantee. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again.

Joe Bessette
Phone 801-741-1110
Email joseph.bessette@hilton.com

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Per usual, our experience at this Hampton Inn was excellent. The staff were incredibly helpful, the room was immaculately clean, and the location of the hotel was great. We would highly recommend this hotel to those who are either on business or in Salt Lake City on leisure. The complimentary breakfast was even fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander N
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Could be noisy unless you get a room at the back. Our room was quite, roomy and well appointed and overlooked the golf course. Helpful reception, modest breakfast but adequate. Get a cab to Temple Sq 16-20 dollars. Dees next door provided good evening meals, diner style and good service.

Room Tip: room 206, quite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bruce3086
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room was clean and quiet. The lobby is very nice and comfortable and clean. The breakfast has a lot of options including hot eggs, bacon, waffles, muffins, yogurt, toast, juice, bagels etc. I especially love how you can come down to the lobby and make yourself tea, hot chocolate or coffee at any time. They also have milk and cookies every evening. I especially love how the breakfast is placed in a separate area that is closed when not in use so the lobby stays nice and clean. It is only 3 walking blocks from the free train ride to Temple square or where ever you are going in Down Town SLC.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kaci U
Reviewed 4 August 2014

To get the best rates, I booked 2 reservations for my 2 consecutive nights. I chose this hotel because of its apparent proximity to the Amtrak station. My train was due to arrive in SLC about 11 PM. Unfortunately, the train was 5-1/2 hours late, thus I arrived at 4:30 AM. Knowing I would be late, I had called from the train while in Denver to inform that I would still be coming, albeit very late. The expected walk of 3 blocks was relatively longer due to the city's wide streets and long blocks. I got to the property about 5 AM. I told the desk person I was reserved there for 2 nights, and with identical reservations thought I could get one room for the 2 nights. I was informed that I had to switch rooms in between, effectively checking out and checking in again. I was given a huge suite, which was a step up from what I had reserved.

After a few hours of sleep, I went to the lobby, and checked out. I was allowed to check in once more, this time getting a conventional room. I was glad I would not have to leave my luggage at the front desk or have to carry everything around all day. Going about my activities, it was nice to have the place to come back to for a good, full night of sleep.

Before checking out again on the last morning, I looked online and saw that for my first night I was charged about $85 more for my room than I had reserved it for. The reservation was for $94, and the charge was $179. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, and there was some confusion since I had checked in so late (5 AM of the day after I was supposed to arrive). It was corrected, but not without some worry from me as to why this had occurred.

Anyhow they made amends and the correction was made.

I found the hotel adequate for my stay, and the breakfast, which I didn't sleep through on the second morning, was good.

This property is about as close as one will get if they are seeking a Hilton family hotel within walking distance of the Amtrak station. It is about the same distance walk in another direction from the TRAX light rail station at Convention Center.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends