Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspioneer parkhomeless peopleliquor storefree parkingroom was cleantemple squarenice hotelfew blockswithin walking distancefree breakfastcookiespool and hot tubconvenient locationhot breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay here againthe staff was friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We enjoyed the cookies and milk that were offered right away when checking in. The staff were quick and polite. They directed us to good restaurants. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was so quiet that we didn't realize how full the hotel was until we saw the crowds at breakfast the next morning. Great breakfast selection, by the way! The only thing I would have changed was the location. Though it was very close to downtown, the view from our room was ugly.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This is a Hampton that is gettin' on in her years and could use a facelift, but is a predictable establishment in the heart of SLC. Having stayed here multiple times for business travel, it brings to mind the popular adage- "It is what it is". It does have spacious breakfast with well-stocked accouterment, large meeting rooms (if you need that type of thing) and the sleeping rooms are clean and the location is close to all of the popular attractions and shopping (but not directly buried in)- but this Hampy could definitely be updated with the utilities a business traveler needs- which is a spacious well-lit work area with many plugs for the many electronic devices we- the traveling class- find necessary. As mentioned, this hotel is predictable for a Hampton, and most importantly clean. Would I stay there again? Yes. Would I recommend? Yes. Will I explore other options in Downtown SLC- absolutely.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2010

The hotel itself was mediocre at best. The front desk staff needs some serious customer service training. Their wireless internet was down, and rather than give me all of my options (wireless bridge-signal booster, free use of business center, or a customer service # to call to assist with termporary wired internet access) up front, they gave each to me over the time span of 2 hours. Checked into the hotel... wireless signal found but unable to connect. I called front desk to ask about wired connection and was told they had a wireless signal booster that I could use with my laptop but I had to remain in the lobby. Lame. Why would I pay for a hotel room just to hang out in the lobby? So, I continued to troubleshoot in my room on my own. 45 minutes later I called the front desk again to ask about wired connection. This time someone different said the wireless signal booster could be used in the room. He delivered it. So I plugged the thing in (one end is a power cord and the other is a CAT5 end). With their alleged signal booster NO WIRELESS SIGNAL WAS FOUND. A signal booster that can't find the signal that my Linksys found without it? Two hours into the whole fiasco I returned the signal booster to the front desk to the clerk-with-attitude. I know my connection problems weren't HER problem but SHE represented the hotel. I wasn't rude, I didn't degrade or belittle her. I tried to explain my frustration to her and she basically shrugged me off. She wrote down a phone number and said I could call & they might be able to help. Why didn't they give me this # in the first place? By that time it was nearly midnight and I was done dealing with it. I told her that I appreciated the option but perhaps that # could have been provided for 2 hours earlier. She shrugged and said "Don't call them if you don't want to." Not one apology on behalf of the hotel for my frustration. Nothing. The next morning my husband and I checked out just before 7AM (instead of leisurly sleeping in like we planned). It was the same girl from the night before and when I started to explain my displeasure at her lack of professionalism, she began to argue with me and my husband. I asked to speak to a manager. She said there wasn't one there. I told her to call one. So, she got one on the phone and handed the phone over the counter to me. Then, while I was on the phone with the manager, she continued to argue and try to talk over me. When that wasn't working, she decided to make comments to other coworkers. When I told the manager how she was behaving, she decided to clock out. In the meantime, another (much friendlier and professional) clerk came on duty. I finished my conversation with the manager and handed the phone back to the new clerk. The clerk-with-attitude YELLED from the back room about wanting the manager transfered to her. She YELLED twice and it echoed throughout the lobby. Ridiculous and unprofessional.
It wasn't my computer because once we checked out, I went to the nearest Starbucks and connected immediately. We actually decided to stay in SLC one more night and decided on the Grand America Hotel. For just about $20 more we stayed at the AWESOME Grand America Hotel.... by the way, I was able to connect to their internet wth no problems as well.
The one thing I will say is that the envelope for the Hampton Key cards says "If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay." I didn't pay. The manager credited my room cost. I won't ever stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
slc425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2010

We apologize that the wireless high-speed internet system was not working properly during your stay and the response of our staff to this problem was not up to our usual standards. We are glad that you were offered the room free because of the problems, since we always want to live up to our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Since our wireless high-speed internet system was not holding up to the demands being placed upon it we have added more hardware and increased the available speed to meet the demand. We strive to provide each of our guests with an exceptional experience and regret that your stay fell short of this goal. We hope that others reading reviews of the Hampton Inn - Downtown will note that the majority of our reviews are very positive and that this is a rare occurrence. We hope you will consider the Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown for your future travels.

Reviewed 28 January 2010

I travel all over the States and my hotel chain of choice is Hilton. I love Hampton Inns, for they provide me with comfortable rooms, breakfast, and hot tea at night, which is about all I have time for. This Hampton Inn was no exception. The staff is friendly, the hotel is located near highways and very good restaurants, and the breakfast offered always included eggs.

When I go to Salt Lake City for business, I have to admit that I manage to fit in at least 1 day of skiing. The Hampton Inn sells a pass for $50/day to 4 resorts (2 are my faves in SLC) that covers the lift ticket and access to the shuttle bus from various parking lots. This is the best deal available.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Good standard - comfy beds, large room, nice breaky, free wifi. Good place to stop for one night on our way to Yellowstone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple