“Great Hotel. Nice Find.”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a great stay for the night downtown. Really close to the Trax train. Very dog friendly. Cocktail hour in the evening and coffee if the morning near the check-in desk. Great boutique look and well kept. The only negatives we had were expensive valet parking ($30) and dogs and doors shutting early in the morning. Will consider Kimpton hotels in the future.

Room Tip: A premium room isn't necessary unless you stay a longer time period, but overnight it was probab...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel rocks. Great location, attentive staff, beautiful rooms, ambience is awesome. The only thing I would mention is that some of the rooms face squarely onto the adjoining buildings, without any view.

Room Tip: get a room with a city view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Migueldicuddy
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to the hotel with high hopes and not very high requirements for them. My husband was in town from working out of state and we just wanted a night away. We paid for the room in advance, and brought cash for everything else we needed, since our card was tied up with business expenses. We had to give them our debit card for damages or room charges, but I wasn't concerned since we wouldn't be incurring any charges. Today I received a charge for roughly $15 dollars, which isn't much, except that it meant we would be getting a $25 fee from my bank as well. When I called them about it they said we had eaten a candy bar, and drank the bottled water. This is completely false, and we left everything where it was when we got there, so it wasn't just "misplaced". Either the staff was very careless about their inventory and just made something up, or they actually took the items and they got charge to me. It's one thing to get charged for something we took, but this is not how a respectable hotel is run. We will not be returning in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brooke R
darynw, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Wow, thanks for your comments here. I sincerely apologize you were mischarged for honor bar items you did not use. We have gone ahead and refunded your credit card. If you could contact me directly I would appreciate being able to apologize to you directly. My email address is daryn.white@kimptonhotels.com

Look forward to hearing from you

Daryn White

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great customer service, daily happy hour, art deco furniture and design, pet friendly. Bicycles to borrow, knowledgeable staff. I stay here every time I am in Salt Lake and love this hotel because of its uniqueness. It doesn't have that mass-hotel look to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel & Room - I stayed at this Boutique hotel and the room was clean, service was great and overall very good ambience about this hotel.
Location - It is also located at a walking distance from the City Creek shopping mall.
Restaurants - Bambara restaurant is a great restaurant for breakfast, brunch, dinner. I loved the food there.
Valet - great valet service and staff.
Cleanliness - very good service by clean staff.
Downside - One downside was dogs were allowed in the hotel! I didn't even notice until the last day. But if you are doggie lover, that may not matter to you.
I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a level where they don't allow dogs!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On a recent business trip to SLC, the typical hotels I frequent (as they are preferred by my company) were all booked. I was able to get a good rate at the Kimpton Monaco and it was such a nice treat. I almost felt guilty staying there on a biz trip - it was so relaxing. The service, on site restaurant, wine hour, etc were all exceptional. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, well-appointed rooms and friendly, accommodating staff. Great location in downtown SLC. I loved the little touches everywhere (ie yoga mats in the closet, doggie water bowls at the front entrance). The room service waiter brought a bit of extra bacon for our pup (which he truly appreciated!). The room service food was so-so (overpriced, as room service food tends to be, and nothing special) and our bed was about 5 feet from the door, which made our room a bit noisy...but all in all it was a great, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014