Motel 6 Salt Lake City Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Quality Inn(Salt Lake City)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Let's not mince words: this is a Motel 6, a chain not known for being fancy, and this location isn't. But, considering the reputation, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room. Basic but clean accommodation with a nice good-faith attempt at trendy styling in the bathroom areas.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Passing through Salt Lake City on business and needed inexpensive room for the weekend and this Motel 6 was the answer. Located downtown and for only 49.99 plus tax its hard to beat. Better than most other Motel 6's which are located on noisy interstates. The front desk clerks are friendly and check in was fast and easy. The room was clean & fresh smelling. The room appeared to have been remodeled recently. My only complaint was the very outdated very small TV. Easy walking distance to Starbucks and other restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I am the other guest in the room with reviewer ReNae58. She made the review better than it was. Let me correct the part about being evicted. I picked up the ringing phone in the morning having the office tell me if there were anymore problems between our room and the other that the police would be called. Not being able to get a word in to the lughead calling I handed phone to my sister in a W.T.F. way. This room was reserved for a second night but we had checked out and had that night refunded. Unbelievable!!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Checked in before scheduled surgery, asked for quiet room for recovery. Female desk clerk very helpful and tried to accommodate for a quiet room upstairs. Noisy teenagers in room next door so at 11 p.m. we yelled through the adjoining door for them to be quiet and go to bed or next call would be to management. No more problems. Next morning we received a call from Robert at front desk who yelled at both me and my brother (mid-50's professionals) and told us we had been reporting as yelling at the next room all night, kicking on the walls, doors, etc. I tried to explain to Robert over the phone that it never happened but he would not listen and said any more complaints we would be evicted. We immediately checked out, one hour before surgery, with lots of stress. Robert should be terminated immediately and never allowed to work with public again. Would not listen, yelled and threatened. I will never stay at Motel 6 again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ReNae58
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

This location has been remodeled. Room size was typical Motel 6. Check in was quick, with online reservation. Asked for a room away from smoking. Room and bathroom were clean. Parking lot and outside corridor were not. Felt safe in the area; just south of downtown. Great movie theatre down the street. They even serve beer & real food. This motel is much better than, most urban budget options. It's not the Red Lion or Hilton. But it was great for $50.

• Stayed: October 2012