“Very Nice Updates”

Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Missoula, Montana
“Very Nice Updates”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Clean and very nice recent updates. Love the location - you can get to anywhere from here. Love how quiet it is on the backside rooms and the riparian / wooded area to walk my dog. This is where we always stay when visiting SLC.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quiet - great area if you you are traveling with a dog.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Susan - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time at our newly renovated hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
PAGE
Reviewed 1 April 2014

As I checked in on the evening of 3/27/14 the polite young man asked the women behind the front desk with him if he should give me a room besides 310. She told him "no", 310 would be fine they were just finishing with cleaning the room. When we went in the room it definitely smelled of cleaning agents. Later that night, I noticed a wet area around the base of the toilet. It was a mixture of water and silicone caulk that hadn't set up. Around 3 am I awoke and the smell of the cleaning agents had gone away and the room smelled like mold or sewage or a mixture. After loading up the car that morning and going back into the room the sewage/mold smell was very noticeable and not my imagination. On checking out of the hotel that morning, I mentioned (politely) the toilet leak and the fact it probably had been leaking for some time because of the smell. The clerk working at that time said they had just moved someone out of that room the previous day because of the leaking toilet.

I'm not sure if the maintenance people were in a hurry or if the front desk/management just had overbooked and they let someone have the room too early. I would suggest that the wax seal between the toilet and the sewer line needs to be replaced, not just caulking around the base of the toilet. There may be flooring damage as well as ceiling damage in room 210.

From my experience this property is not being well taken care of.

Room Tip: Stay out of room 310 no matter what.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Retired-Ed-AZ
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Edward - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I apologize that the condition of your room was unsatisfactory during your stay. I met with our maintenance staff and the issue has been resolved. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at sug@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nice location and great updated rooms but like most extevded stays under staffed and over worked. Its not nice to treat all your guests like the only reason they are there i they have no place to go. I paid good money and get treated poorly by employees who dont know what they're doing and rather than decide to train them a cranky manager shows up and fixes the problem.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Alexsun32
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to learn that you were not satisfied with our level of customer service. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol so that this issue does not affect future guests. If you would like to discuss this issue any further, please contact me directly, at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S and Canada in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I'm a regular here at sugarhouse and on my most recent trip I've had my worst hotel experience EVER! Management has changed again and quite frankly this new lady does not belong in this business at all. My room wasn't clean and my check in process was horrible. Management didn't give a crap and blamed her employees. I know the property was in better shape a few months ago than it is now. I will now be looking for another place to stay in SLC and tell my company to take this hotel off it's lodging list.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The problems you experienced while checking in are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As well, I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The front desk staffs needs to get a better customer service training. The Hispanic lady that's working here never smile and we need to keep reminded her on what we need. I feel her service is really bad and definitely needs more training.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I’m disappointed to learn that our level of customer service did not meet your expectations. I will meet with the entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the feedback. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Rate was elevated for the period, therefore wasn't good value. The kitchen was incomplete (no pots, pans, kettle and very few dishes). The central reservation process didn't work, so I ended up calling the hotel directly. That went okay, but not stellar. I've stayed here before and had a better experience than this time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The room and the kitchenette are tidy and very clean, but everything is so tiny. No closet, only a coat-hanging area with a curtain. The staff is unsympathetic to your needs. The night clerk refused to call a taxi for us, and when asked how I should go about calling a cab myself, answered: "Look it up on your phone".
The hotel is in the nice area, convenient shopping near-by, but the parking lot is shared by a bunch of other businesses, and the loading-unloading area is small and inefficient.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Motti P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel’s great location and your clean, tidy kitchen. Still, we apologize that our staff was unable to fully meet your needs during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with our staff regarding this issue to ensure that your experience in not repeated. As well, we are sorry that our hotel’s parking and unloading areas did not meet your expectations. We will take your review into consideration as we continuously work to improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sug@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the future.