“Amazing renovation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Provo, Utah
“Amazing renovation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This place is GREAT!!! I love the location as well just minutes from downtown and the Airport. The staff are all so friendly and helpful. Overall we had a great trip thanks for the beautiful room and awesome weekend!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the Salt Lake Inn. I appreciate you taking the time to write your comments and especially to recognize our friendly and helpful staff, I will certainly share this review with them. It is nice to see that they helped to make it a great weekend trip for you. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great New Remodeled Hotel...found it by driving around the light rail system...Bath Tub..! Big Flat screen TV ...nice bed....and nice people...Quiet,..Because it's a week-day.....parking right in front of your room ,if you get a ground floor room..Walk to fast food.7-11..Denny's...Bus and Train right down the street..a little bit $$$..but compared to other Hotels near Downtown it's PERFECT..!

Room Tip: ground floor ...car right at your door..!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Salt Lake Inn, we are happy that you found us and it was a pleasure having you as our guest. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff, I will share your comments with everyone here. It is nice to have the TRAX light rail system near our hotel, it is a safe and convenient way for our guests to use to get to the airport and downtown. Thank you again and please let us know when you will be back.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Booking was so easy and I liked the way trip-advisor organized search results displayed. Thanks to Trip advisor. I really love to refer to my friends.

Customer support was awesome when I called them to review my reservation.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Newark, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family and I was booked at this hotel for 4 nights. We had 6 rooms for my family alone as we was all traveling for a wedding in SLC. Arriving at this hotel one would think its closed because this property has a huge parking lot but only 2-3 cars. I walked in and Dana was the one who helped me checkin and WOW she is AWESOME! Once she knew we was part of the wedding party that booked multiple rooms at this property she made sure we was taken care of.

The room was nice you can tell it was brand new because everything inside was new. It was so new that they forgot to put a telephone inside the room but we didnt need one since everyone has cell phones. My recommendation is to get a room inside the courtyard, I had room 122, 316, and 324 all of them inside the courtyard we also had 107 & 209 on the outside part of the hotel with a view of the parking lot and this was by request by us because my parents didnt want to walk to far to their room from parking lot but again all newly renovated rooms. Some rooms has a fridge, microwave and or safe. If any of these is a necessity make sure you request because not all rooms has any or all of these amenities. Beds are REALLY Comfortable! (NEW)

Basic Continental Breakfast is your basic make your own waffles, toast, bagels, danishes, muffins, cold cereal, coffee, and Juices. The young lady that was tending to the breakfast area was great she did say it was her first time doing the breakfast and kept apologizing because she was new and we kept saying she is doing a great job. I guess they ran out of milk that she literally ran to a nearby store to get a gallon of milk. (Superb Customer Service) Since most of the hotel rooms was booked by other people traveling for the same wedding teh hotel staff worked with the time zone differences and extended the breakfast for 1 hour just to accomodate all of our family who forgot about time differences.

Overall, the hotel has alot of work to do, (Construction is ongoing at this property)with the renovation turning this property to a great Inn but overall with the work you have already completed is AWESOME! The pool was closed during our visit because its being renovated FYI. Lobby is clean and inviting, Breakfast area is nice for an Inn really similar to a Residence Inn of Marriott so great job.

Check-out time is 11am but Dana and her great agents at the front desk extended it for us to 1pm to accomodate our family. The evening crew at the front desk could use some extra training but the Samoan gentlemen was great he tried his best to make sure we was ok. Its great to know that the new owners was Fiji/Samoan decent and doing a great job in turning this property around.

Overall, dont judge the book by its cover this Inn bay look empty but it is full of great people who will do all its best to accomodate you. I was skeptical about this property at first when our family told us that is where the rest of wedding party will be staying we just went along with it. Im glad we did! There was a mishap during our checkout where we had a room charged on my card that wasn't suppose too but Dana and Jovan fixed it. We cannot THANK DANA, JOVANI and all the people at this hotel that made our stay great! When we do visit Salt Lake City again you will be our property of choice! Thank you again!

Room Tip: Some rooms has a fridge, microwave and or safe. If any of these is a necessity make sure you request...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tofa U
Thank you very much for your detailed review of the Salt lake Inn. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guest to celebrate the wedding you attended here in Salt Lake City. Your wonderful comments about Dana, Jovan and the rest of the staff have been shared with them and we are all very proud that we were able to help make your visit to Salt Lake City a memorable experience. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit here to Salt lake City!
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

wow the place was great and all the people that worked there really went out of there way to make sure you got what you wanted i loved the work that was done there .you won't find a better place to stay in ... the prices was really great myself and my two friends stayd there while we were racing at millermotorsport track also great place

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Well it all started on day on the trax line.I was listening to a lady telling the whole train about the new Salt Lake Inn. Well I hade stayed there one time and swore it would be my last...Well Pam asked give a try again you wont be sorry..So I did now im hooked this place is great,But for me what makes it great is Pam, anything you need she is allways willing to do.If I hade a staff of10 I would trade them all for just one Pam..Go there meet her.you wont be sorry

Room Tip: any,any,any,but pool side is super nice
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sue c
Windsor, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My company puts me in this motel 3 to 4 times a week and I will say this they are trying to improve the place but they still have a long way to go. Most of the rooms are still under renovation and a lot of the rooms are not completely finished that are being sold. The last 2 times I have stayed here the rooms had questionable clean sheets the TV and phones didn't work, 1 room the AC didn't work and the other room you couldn't turn the AC off. I guess they don't know how to dust or vacuum . Most of the rooms have a musty smell and mold can be seen in the bathroom vents. The front desk staff during the day is good but the night time check in staff and security are extremely rude . And I was verbally harassed by the staff when I complained about the condition of my room the last time I stayed here. And I ended up staying at another hotel , if it was my choosing I would avoid this place till after the renovations are complete. Unless you don't mind construction dust and noise. It is my guess that the good reviews that are posted on this site are done by the motel staff. Because they have very little business.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business