“Overall a disappointment”

Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple
Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I chose this hotel for our family's vacation stop based on reviews and I was very disappointed with several parts of our stay. First of all, in the winter in SLC, the air quality is very poor due to inversion from the cold. Even in the dark, we could see the brownish hue hovering over the city. This hotel is very close to some manufacturing plants, so it felt even worse there.

When we arrived, we felt safe and the front office staff was very friendly. They have a workout room, which was very important to us, but I felt it was somewhat unsafe because it didn't have a key entry, so anyone- hotel guest or not- could go in. They assured me that it had a security camera, but that didn't make me feel much better.

Much of the decor and the facilities in general felt dated. However, we were comfortable and warm and that's really all that we needed for a quick stopover on our way to our destination.

The one part of our stay that was really bad was when the cleaning staff knocked on our door once, didn't wait for a response, and opened the door. At 8 a.m. Most of us were still asleep and we obviously hadn't checked out. Shouldn't the front desk inform them of this?

I would not recommend this hotel based on those few things. It was okay, and it was budget. But I don't plan on returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your review of the Salt Lake Inn, unfortunately there isn't much we can do about the weather in Salt Lake City however, the one thing we can control our service training.
Based on your comments we have reviewed our policy and procedures with our housekeeping staff so that all of our guests will have a comfortable and memorable experience. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I would definitely reccommend Salt Lake Inn to family&friends who will be in the area! It is a new renovated location. The atmosphere is warm and friendly with great hospitable customer service. Rooms are warm and cozy...nice and clean...and beds are to die for;) Perfect location with several dining facilities in its surroundings for your convenience. Downtown is at a decent distance for touring and shopping. Overall, Salt Lake Inn is well worth your stay!

1  Thank carolineTui
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is my first time staying at the Salt Lake Inn. The property has undergone extensive remodeling and they really did a first class job Room was spotless clean, all new furniture, king size bed with thick covers and comfortable pillows. New flat screen, mini-fridge, micro, blow dryer, in room coffee, soft towels. Small attention to detail item such as electrical outlets on the lamp bases, wifi included that has all bar signal. Convenient location right off 80 not far from downtown. A breakfast was served but I did not check it out and I did see an outdoor pool. Staff was friendly and a small store is available in the lobby. If u stayed here before the remodel and were disappointed give it another try. Looks like an old style travel lodge on the outside, but well maintained. Nice property.

1  Thank Driverjoe
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about the Salt Lake Inn! We are very excited that you found us and stayed with us for the first time. We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback and I will share your comments with the management and staff here at the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

location, location, This hotel is right off the freeway . close to down town . when I look for hotels when I am on a road trip that's what I look for . and this is the place. they did a great remodel with new almost everything. the staff are great and very helpful I need to mention Cody B. he was a great help to me and my wife while we were there. I really have no negative things to say the price is right for the night. if you like the location near the freeway on your why to Reno nv or all points east this is a great place to rest .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of the Salt Lake Inn! We are so happy to hear the positive comments about our recent renovation and that we are a perfect place to stay while on a road trip. I appreciate your kind comments especially recognizing Cody for his service. We are all very proud of Cody and I will definitely share your comments with him. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with us on your next road trip!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Everything is new and updated. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the grounds are well kept. Staff were friendly and helpful. Cody B was especially helpful during our stay. I highly recommend the Salt Lake Inn

1  Thank aboer

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about us here at the Salt Lake Inn. We really appreciate you recommending our hotel to others and that you liked our newly renovated hotel. I will share your comments with Cody to let him know that you recognized him for his service, he definitely works hard to keep this place well kept. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This place is GREAT!!! I love the location as well just minutes from downtown and the Airport. The staff are all so friendly and helpful. Overall we had a great trip thanks for the beautiful room and awesome weekend!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of the Salt Lake Inn. I appreciate you taking the time to write your comments and especially to recognize our friendly and helpful staff, I will certainly share this review with them. It is nice to see that they helped to make it a great weekend trip for you. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great New Remodeled Hotel...found it by driving around the light rail system...Bath Tub..! Big Flat screen TV ...nice bed....and nice people...Quiet,..Because it's a week-day.....parking right in front of your room ,if you get a ground floor room..Walk to fast food.7-11..Denny's...Bus and Train right down the street..a little bit $$$..but compared to other Hotels near Downtown it's PERFECT..!

Room Tip: ground floor ...car right at your door..!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Salt Lake Inn, we are happy that you found us and it was a pleasure having you as our guest. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff, I will share your comments with everyone here. It is nice to have the TRAX light rail system near our hotel, it is a safe and convenient way for our guests to use to get to the airport and downtown. Thank you again and please let us know when you will be back.