“Good spot great price”

Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple
Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Salt Lake Inn for three nights in January after arriving from Australia for a ski holiday. Staff were friendly and helpful. Handy to the airport and right on the Trax light rail system. Based at the Salt Lake Inn it is easier to get around Salt Lake City without a car than one would imagine. A basic breakfast is provided, rooms are a reasonable size with comfortable beds. There were a couple of minor maintenance issues in our room ( a loose shower rose and door stop that didn't work) but nothing that detracted from our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Salt Lake Inn. We are grateful for your kind remarks and pointing out where we can improve.

We are always excited to hear the experiences form our guests and we are especially proud that the value we strive for is recognized and appreciated. We strive to offer the very best in accommodations and service and we could not be more pleased we were successful in achieving this for you.

Thank you again for such high praise. We will look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Trying to save money? Who isn't? Want a convenient location? This motel is located a few blocks from I-80 and is on the Light Rail (TRAX) route to get into downtown Salt Lake (only about 1 1/2 miles away). A group of California investors bought this run-down property and have renovated all the rooms. In fairness, this place is still "a work in progress." The staff is wonderful and could not have been more caring during my 5 day visit. Thanks especially to Shilo Shewmake, the Housekeeping Supervisor, Andrea Bailey who reserved a flight for me on Southwest, and Joanne Sturgel in the breakfast room. If you are a skier and rent a car, you can be in Park City in 30 minutes with access to the Deer Valley, Park City, and the Canyons Ski Areas. Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, and Solitude are even closer. Check out the Ski Truck store, about 3/4 of a mile away from the motel, where you can get great deals (super cheap) on skis, clothing, and about anything you could think of. Coming to the Utah Sate Fair? This motel is just around the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the central courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jnichols
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Salt Lake Inn. The three employees you mentioned were excited to be noticed for their hard work. We will continue to strive to improve and make this diamond sparkle!
It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope to see you soon.

Ps: the ski resorts just received more snow!

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed there Jan 20-25, was there for the OR show. Read that the property especially the rooms were recently renovated. It appears that was the case. Close to the airport, but far from decent restaurants, but that's the case with most "close to the airport" motels. The drive to down town Salt Lake is just a few minutes. I must say, I was there 6 days and the hotel staff at the front desk is over the top pleasant. That really makes a stay enjoyable. The room I had was a business King room, located on the first level towards the courtyard. Highly recommend the same to avoid street noise. There was a lot of early morning noises, trains mainly, but what can you do? The room was clean, newly renovated just as the pictures show. One thing I would recommend is that the place a 2nd phone at the desk in the room. Was a bit awkward trying to make calls from bed-side. Each day the room was made up and really, nothing was out of sorts. The only thing was I had rusty water from the hot water tap both at the sink and bathtub. Perhaps due to the room not being used. Ran the water for about 2 minutes and it cleared up. That happened on the first 2 mornings, rest of the week it was not an issue. There is a continental breakfast available just off the lobby and it was decent. I am a light breakfast eater so the coffee, milk, toasted bagel and boiled eggs were just fine. There's a Denny's next door if you want the grease. Overall my stay was just fine. I would stay again. Tip of the hat to the staff, you were all so pleasant. Thanks !!!

Room Tip: As mentioned, choose a courtyard access room to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gregnkw
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to review the Salt Lake Inn. It means a lot that you were able to see the efforts we have taken to improve and meet our guests needs. I really appreciate your observation that a second phone in our business kings would make doing work easier.
Thank you for a 'tip of the hat' to the staff, it's easy to be kind to our guests, we have the best guests in the world and we value their opinion.

Hope to see you in August for the next Outdoor Retailer Show!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I chose this hotel for our family's vacation stop based on reviews and I was very disappointed with several parts of our stay. First of all, in the winter in SLC, the air quality is very poor due to inversion from the cold. Even in the dark, we could see the brownish hue hovering over the city. This hotel is very close to some manufacturing plants, so it felt even worse there.

When we arrived, we felt safe and the front office staff was very friendly. They have a workout room, which was very important to us, but I felt it was somewhat unsafe because it didn't have a key entry, so anyone- hotel guest or not- could go in. They assured me that it had a security camera, but that didn't make me feel much better.

Much of the decor and the facilities in general felt dated. However, we were comfortable and warm and that's really all that we needed for a quick stopover on our way to our destination.

The one part of our stay that was really bad was when the cleaning staff knocked on our door once, didn't wait for a response, and opened the door. At 8 a.m. Most of us were still asleep and we obviously hadn't checked out. Shouldn't the front desk inform them of this?

I would not recommend this hotel based on those few things. It was okay, and it was budget. But I don't plan on returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your review of the Salt Lake Inn, unfortunately there isn't much we can do about the weather in Salt Lake City however, the one thing we can control our service training.
Based on your comments we have reviewed our policy and procedures with our housekeeping staff so that all of our guests will have a comfortable and memorable experience. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I would definitely reccommend Salt Lake Inn to family&friends who will be in the area! It is a new renovated location. The atmosphere is warm and friendly with great hospitable customer service. Rooms are warm and cozy...nice and clean...and beds are to die for;) Perfect location with several dining facilities in its surroundings for your convenience. Downtown is at a decent distance for touring and shopping. Overall, Salt Lake Inn is well worth your stay!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank carolineTui
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is my first time staying at the Salt Lake Inn. The property has undergone extensive remodeling and they really did a first class job Room was spotless clean, all new furniture, king size bed with thick covers and comfortable pillows. New flat screen, mini-fridge, micro, blow dryer, in room coffee, soft towels. Small attention to detail item such as electrical outlets on the lamp bases, wifi included that has all bar signal. Convenient location right off 80 not far from downtown. A breakfast was served but I did not check it out and I did see an outdoor pool. Staff was friendly and a small store is available in the lobby. If u stayed here before the remodel and were disappointed give it another try. Looks like an old style travel lodge on the outside, but well maintained. Nice property.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Driverjoe
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about the Salt Lake Inn! We are very excited that you found us and stayed with us for the first time. We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback and I will share your comments with the management and staff here at the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

location, location, This hotel is right off the freeway . close to down town . when I look for hotels when I am on a road trip that's what I look for . and this is the place. they did a great remodel with new almost everything. the staff are great and very helpful I need to mention Cody B. he was a great help to me and my wife while we were there. I really have no negative things to say the price is right for the night. if you like the location near the freeway on your why to Reno nv or all points east this is a great place to rest .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of the Salt Lake Inn! We are so happy to hear the positive comments about our recent renovation and that we are a perfect place to stay while on a road trip. I appreciate your kind comments especially recognizing Cody for his service. We are all very proud of Cody and I will definitely share your comments with him. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back with us on your next road trip!