“Not worth the money this is the dirtiest hotel I have ever see.”

Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley
Ranked #69 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Not worth the money this is the dirtiest hotel I have ever see.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

There was mold in the restroom. Room needs to be fixed. The door was broke and it smelled like an ashtray. I asked for a non smoking room but I was given a smoking room. I strongly would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank smitty1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Yes, the price is fair but when we arrived to the room it was tragically dirty. We went to the nearby WalMart and bought towels and cleaning supplies. After cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floor the towels were black from the dirt and grim we cleaned. We had problems with the radio on the nightstand between the beds (it would not turn off) and reached down to unplug it and could not believe the filth. We borrowed a vacuum and tried cleaning the carpet but there was so much dirt driven into the carpet fibers that the vacuum made little difference. Our socks were black from walking on the carpet. We booked and paid for 8 nights and tried and tried to get housekeeping to come (as stated in the policy: one housekeeping service for 8 night stay) but despite our repeated calls they never came. This hotel looks like it was well built and has the potential to be a good property but the management is fast asleep. How difficult can it be to get your housekeeping staff to actually clean the rooms? Obviously no one is paying attention. Yes, stay at this place but either bring your own industrial cleaning supplies or come with a very high tolerance for filth.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LAXtoLHR
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Hotel is easy to get to as it is right off I-215. Lots of shopping across the street, though half the stores are closed. I would agree that the room cleaning wasn't the best, but for the price paid I spent 30 minutes and did the cleaning myself. All the appliances worked fine, except the ironing board which needed repair. I reserved the room through hotwire/priceline and got a really good rate. The Front Desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar is always stocked during its hours of operation. As far as extended stay hotels, this location is about average.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was not clean as per your expectations. To prevent this from happening again in the future, my team is being re-trained on room inspections thus ensure every room is properly clean before renting. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
NW
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I reserved three room for my husband and two of my employees. The rooms were dirty and the heater wasnt working. In fact one of my employees had to go sleep in the room with the other gal because her heater wasnt working.

All rooms were supposed to be non-smoking. My husband's room smelled like smoke. It also looked like someone had been murdered in there. There was spatter on the ceiling.

Avoid this place like the plague. I am calling Homestead Corporate tomorrow. Unfortunately the Sundance film festival is in town and there arent alot of hotel options.

Room Tip: Dont go! Skip this place all together!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The items you described in your review are entirely unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your associates’ experiences. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working on retraining on cleaning procedures thus ensure situations as such keep from happening. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to inform us of how we are doing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Room was awful. Couldn't stay after finding dirty clothes in dresser and hair all over bathroom and bed. The room was supposedly checked by a manager before our arrival. Kitchen wasn't even half way wiped down either.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, even if you have to pay more. It's worth it for a clean, safe place.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Christi N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Christi - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

As you mentioned, we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Rooms are dirty, washing machine, dish washer Range, have to clean everything to our standard and we had our 10yrs son and 2 grand-kids 5 and 3. The price we pay is not work the standard of the rooms, and they needs to up grade to the new world now.

Room Tip: Look out for all appliance before paying and the clean of room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family