“THE WORST STAY EVER!!!!!”

Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley
Ranked #70 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was without a doubt absolutely the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. As a hotel owner myself I understand the backend of what is going on at a hotel and was incredibly dissapointed with the lack of professionalism and care taken here. I stayed during the Outdoor Retailer Show this past August, and upon arrival we were informed that although we were four people and had requested a room with two beds unfortunately they could do absolutely nothing and that we would have a room with only one bed. Thus two people slept on the floor. When we arrived to our room the stench of old tobacco was horrendous and there was so much encrusted dust on the mirror that I could write in it. I spent the night awake because I literally couldn´t sleep due to the smell, and they informed us that they were full and couldn’t change our room. Then the next day when they changed us, they didn´t offer to help us or accommodate us in any way, as well as asking us to please change quickly so their cleaning lady could continue. For a little cherry on top the next day when I arrived home I realized that I had left my brand new running shoes in the room and when we called were told first that no one had stayed in the room since us, but after going to check the room they weren´t there and the cleaning personnel had not saved them in lost and found... As I know something about how this works, I can guarantee that one of the personnel decided to keep them (stole them). All in all a pitiful show of professionalism and horrible stay.

Room Tip: The only way to choose a good room is either DONT STAY or sleep in your car. This is absolutely the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate_Sevilla

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Nasty place...

BTW, it is now called Extended Stay America. My company waited till the last minute to book our rooms during a busy tradeshow, so we ended up here. The first night I got in late and there was blood on the sheets. I was too tired to call down so I slept on the other side of the bed. The next day I called and the front desk apologized and said that, although they only clean rooms 1 time per week, they'd send someone up to change my sheets. Day 3....6 a.m. wake up call never happened.

If you want clean towels, you have to exchange them at the front desk.

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cpsandiego
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My room had not even been vaccuumed at check in..syringe caps on the fllor, black mold everywhere, bugs, rotten food, used qtips, dirty sheets, mildew/mold stink, and no maanagement would address the issues..nor at the least change my room!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Joekirstine1
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The internet seemed to keep dropping out and the air conditioning seemed to also fade in and out. I asked to leave within an hour and went to another Extended Stay. The motel has doors that open to the outside versus interior doors. Property isn't large and the parking lot wasn't crowded.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2013

There was mold in the restroom. Room needs to be fixed. The door was broke and it smelled like an ashtray. I asked for a non smoking room but I was given a smoking room. I strongly would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank smitty1977
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Yes, the price is fair but when we arrived to the room it was tragically dirty. We went to the nearby WalMart and bought towels and cleaning supplies. After cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floor the towels were black from the dirt and grim we cleaned. We had problems with the radio on the nightstand between the beds (it would not turn off) and reached down to unplug it and could not believe the filth. We borrowed a vacuum and tried cleaning the carpet but there was so much dirt driven into the carpet fibers that the vacuum made little difference. Our socks were black from walking on the carpet. We booked and paid for 8 nights and tried and tried to get housekeeping to come (as stated in the policy: one housekeeping service for 8 night stay) but despite our repeated calls they never came. This hotel looks like it was well built and has the potential to be a good property but the management is fast asleep. How difficult can it be to get your housekeeping staff to actually clean the rooms? Obviously no one is paying attention. Yes, stay at this place but either bring your own industrial cleaning supplies or come with a very high tolerance for filth.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LAXtoLHR
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Hotel is easy to get to as it is right off I-215. Lots of shopping across the street, though half the stores are closed. I would agree that the room cleaning wasn't the best, but for the price paid I spent 30 minutes and did the cleaning myself. All the appliances worked fine, except the ironing board which needed repair. I reserved the room through hotwire/priceline and got a really good rate. The Front Desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar is always stocked during its hours of operation. As far as extended stay hotels, this location is about average.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was not clean as per your expectations. To prevent this from happening again in the future, my team is being re-trained on room inspections thus ensure every room is properly clean before renting. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple
Ramada Salt Lake City North Temp...
#60 of 77 in Salt Lake City
10 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City
Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake C...
#53 of 77 in Salt Lake City
8 mi away
Metropolitan Inn
Metropolitan Inn
#51 of 77 in Salt Lake City

Been to Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley? Share your experiences!