“Comfortable stay”

Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport
Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Loved staying in this pleasant hotel. Besides the carpet needs cleaning little more often all the rest you look for in a hotel were present. very comfortable bed, clean room, nice equipped full kitchen, Extra pillows were nice. Also there was free washing facility which came out to be nice addition. The exercise center was also had several types of equipment instead of just a couple of Treadmills. Very convenient rom the airport and was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel borders a not so good neighborhood and when we entered the lobby I was worried. The doors to all the room were big and metal and the lobby was barely bigger than a bathroom.
I was pleasantly surprise.The staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and had great amenities. The room was quiet too!

Bed was very comfortable. Towels were of good size but a little scratchy. There was a full size fridge (this was the noisiest part). There was a small stove, a microwave and plenty of pots and pans etc - one of the best stocked I've seen. There was a very comfortable recliner and a ton of work space with a desk chair. Free wi-fi and free movie and cd rentals. The place was clean and even used magnets for the do not disturb since the doors were metal - I found this to be a great idea as the paper hangers always get beat up.

Tub/Shower was clean with good water pressure - my only concern here was that the shower head was pretty close to the wall so I did hit my elbow trying to wash my hair.

Overall this was a great value ($200 for 2 nights) with many amenities - including some I didn't use: 24 hour fitness, a 24 hours snack area and free washers and dryers to use. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank h2002
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had high hopes for this hotel having stayed in other IHG properties in the same week. I was only staying just before an early flight after visiting friends in Salt Lake city so did not arrive to the hotel until 9-9.30 pm. I went to check in where I had the cash to pay for the room as it was the end of my trip to be told I had to have a credit card to authorise for room and tax and I would pay on departure. Well I did not have a American credit card and was not prepared to have charges put on my English card when I had the cash to pay for the room. However the receptionist refused point blank to check me in without a credit card. I couldn't believe this I have never had any issues with paying cash up front for a room in a IHG property before and I have stayed in many all over the world. To be told I would be refused at such a late hour as well was ridiculous. Luckily my friend from Utah was still with me and I had to use hers which was very embarrassing for me but that was the only way they would let me check in. There was no leniency or anything with this even when I was a lone female traveller.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay in this hotel make sure you have a credit card or you will be refused entry
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank middlesmith18
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear middlesmith18,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed there for 6 weeks on business. Jenna, Stacy and Amber and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. By it having a kitchen with cooking ware and utensils, it made the near 2 month stay very doable. Free guest laundry (just pay for soap & dryer sheets) was a huge plus. Good stay, thanks again to Jenna and her staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
JennaBCandlewood, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback. I have let the individuals know whom you named about the great service they provided. We use these comments as great training tools for our entire staff. Thank you again for your stay with us at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City Airport!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I travel to Salt Lake alot for business. I've tried a few others in and around Salt Lake but this Candlewood offers the best in terms of location and amenities. Having a kitchen and on-site exercise facility is a must - so that wipes out most of the fancier down town hotels. Candlewood is about 2 minutes from the airport, has a sports restaurant next door, within walking distance to the metro, easy access to I-80, etc. Free internet and parking, shuttle service to airport, spacious rooms with plenty of outlets and desk, not to mention the 24-hour candlewood cupboard - I cannot think of anything missing for the business traveler.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the comment about your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed all of our amenities to their full extent. We hope you will come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here during a business trip due to their park and fly service. The room/suite is spacious with lovely decor. I'm used to extended stay type hotels with generic cheap white kitchenettes. Someone here took the thoughtful care to put in decorator touches that make it a room where I wish I'd been here for my entire business trip.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JennaBCandlewood, Manager at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the survey and give us your feedback! These surveys are used as training tools and great ways to let others know about our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City Airport, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Spent two weeks here and was able to live comfortably as an extended stay. The location near the airport was good for my business there, but I didn't have a car and there is next to nothing to do or eat with out going for a nice 15 minute walk or so down the tracks. The pantry and workout facilities were nice but I would have liked house keeping more than once a week.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business