“never again”

Ranked #4 of 11 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
West Wendover, Nevada
“never again”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hubby and I went to this location for our anniversary. Let me tell you. The mountain hideaway room was fabulous, no doubt about this. Very comfy and nice. However the customer service was awful. The only helpful and nice person there is a girl names Pou (i hope i spelled her name correctly). She was the who helped me check in and helped me surprise my hubby since he had no idea about this until we got in the room. We stayed 2 nights and f course, being in vacation we would wake up whenever to go do stuff. One of the nights we left the hotel @ 3 am to go grab something to eat. Surprise, surprise...when we came back both doors we re locked and nobody answered. For few good minutes we were knocking in the window, door on both sides and finally this male came and open the doors for us. Hubby and I both said....oh well..we are all humans, maybe he had to use the bathroom or something.
Anyways. We got home (we leave like 2 hours away from the location) and i realized that i forgot one of my pair of shoes in the room. I called that day with no success. A lady named Aubry told me that she can't do anything so far just yet since housekeeping left home already but she took my name, shoes description and phone number and said she will have somebody calling me the very next day to let me know if they found the shoes. Here comes the next day. I called in the afternoon and thankfully it was Pou again who had no knowledge about my issue. I guess Aubry throw away in the trash my little note. Again Pou was very helpful, she told me that she will call me back as soon as she checks with housekeeping. To be honest i was pretty snappy and angry since my patience was zero and i feel bad since Pou was the only helpful one. However she still maintain to be nice and friendly. She did called me back as she promised and let me know that she found the shoes. I asked her if they could ship them to my address and use the CC on file for the fees. She asked one of the managers and also told me to write an email to Julie (another manager) in witch i ll explain what happened and also about the card charge for the fees. And so i did. Nobody ever got back to me, i guess Julie doesn't really care about customers.
I called back yesterday and Aubry answered again, she sounded very bored and bothered that i keep calling an that Julie is gone for today, it was a short day for her since it was a holiday. Ok i said and called back today, just about an hour ago. Again Julie ignored my email.
This is what happened to me. I hope everybody else had and will have a better experience. However i will never return/recommend this place to anyone. Customer service is very important and these people have no knowledge about it. Very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Claudia_s67

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
mexico city, Mexico
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was perfect date. we stayed in VENICE room. It was the most romantic experience of life.
we had perfect suite decorate d in the Venice atmosphere. The bed was set in a boat shape. There was extra ordinary huge Jacuzzi with rain like water falling from one side of the walls.
It's the most attractive part of the room. We were served very well. We enjoyed the breakfast and complimentary dessert as well.
If you happen to be in salt lake city or Utah region, you must visit this hotel.
it's perfect romantic hideaway!

Room Tip: Did not use swimming pool or fitness center. not sure if they have one!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bhairavi M
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 8th anniversary. We have stayed at the other locations and this was our first there. It was worth the wait. We stayed in the Mysteries of Egypt suite and it was so fun. The decor was amazing and the atmosphere was definitely romantic. We plan on returning to this location in the future for sure!

Room Tip: We loved the Mysteries of Egypt!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pretandmeg
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed in the Savanna Nights room for the first night of our Honeymoon and loved it. It was roomy, the bathroom was large and clean and the King sized bed was comfortable. We checked in late after our wedding reception and had to leave early for a morning flight but had a great time while we were there. The breakfast was yummy and we enjoyed being able to eat it in the privacy of our room and on our own schedule. We live out of state but will be back for another stay next time we are in Utah!

Room Tip: Stay in Savannah Nights. Well worth the extra money for the extra room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in the "Enchanted Forest" room. The bed area was really fun, although a bit tricky to get into and out of the bed. If you are physically limited, or afraid of heights, I would not suggest this particular room. The bath was nice, but not quite comfortable for the two of us. I tried to take another bath in the morning but the water was tepid. I could hear the other rooms filling their tubs so I suspect their hot water heater is not large enough. There was a hair in my husband's complimentary cheesecake. The breakfast was okay. I don't think it is made on-sight. For almost $300 for one night I expect delicious (and hair free) food at a B&B and as many hot baths as I can take.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
riverton,utah
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Just recently spent the evening at a local destination that I have been intrigued with for years.. My wife booked the Egyptian room for my birthday.. Overall felt cold and clostraphobic.. Pictures on line made it look very spacious.. (it wasn't) The tv was small and the bed was less than comfortable. we found a space heater the next morning but it was a little late. For some it might be a really cool experience but if your looking for a first class experience this wasn't it for us. For 200+ a night I would probably opt for a larger brand name.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Disappointing stay from the moment of check-in. Didn't feel welcome. Room not very clean. Also strange odor. Worse part was getting woken up very early by breakfast delivery to neighboring room, and then maid starting to clean in hallway just outside our door (we could hear everything)--all of this before 7am! Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple