This property is conveniently located in close proximity to the Salt Lake City Airport. It is closely surrounded by other hotel properties just off the highway and just a few miles outside Salt Lake City.
I booked at this property due to a very positive recent experience at another Springhill by Marriott location. I am also part of the Marriott Rewards program, and prefer to stay at their properties when possible.
Springhill Suites by Marriott features a wonderful, modern design aesthetic in all their properties. The room layout is spacious and practical, and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast is also offered in the lobby each morning and their is a nice indoor pool and workout facility. The problems I encountered at this property were largely due to poor communication among staff and lack of evident management.
On 2 of the 5 days I stayed at this hotel, there was no housekeeping service provided for my room. The first time this happened, I made sure to speak with the young woman at the front desk. She assured me that it was an oversight, and made note of it. The next day I went to breakfast at 8:00 am, and left the "do not disturb" sign on the door, as my son was still sleeping. When I returned from breakfast at 8:35 am, there was a note on my door that I had missed housekeeping services for the day. I took the note to the man who was now on duty at the front desk, gave it to him and explained that this was the second day without housekeeping service. Since it was a Sunday, I assumed we could stay in our room longer that 8:35 am and still get housekeeping. He assured me that he would send housekeeping back to clean our room and (like the young woman the day before) made note of it in the computer.
My son and I made sure to remove the "do not disturb" sign from the door, and left the hotel for the day a few hours later. On our way out, I made sure to speak directly to a housekeeper and let her know our room needed cleaning. I also stopped by the front desk again, and let the man on duty know we were headed out for the day, and to please have our room serviced. He assured me it would be.
We returned that evening to find that our room had never gotten cleaned, so I went to the front desk yet again. The young woman was back on duty. She was very nice and checked the computer notes and confirmed that yes, there were multiple requests to have our room cleaned, but nobody had acted on it. She did offer us some clean towels, and said she would let her manager know. I told her that in all my years staying at Marriott properties I had never experienced a situation like this. I requested (for the second time during my stay) to speak with management. She did note my request, but I never heard anything from management, and we checked out the next day.
Finally, I noticed a huge difference in how breakfasts are handled on weekdays versus weekends at this property. On weekdays, the buffet is kept clean and well stocked and the young lady who takes care of it greets each guest and is friendly. She also does a great job keeping the entire breakfast area neat and tidy.
Weekends are another story entirely. Nobody seems to be present or taking care of this area. Food and beverages run out and the buffet and tables are not wiped down.
What I have learned from this stay is that the quality of Springhill by Marriott seems to be dependent on the active involvement of the management at each property, and how responsive they are to their guests. This property offers a great value and convenience, but could use some improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport offers a complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to the airport. It is also convenient to a number of attractions and can be the perfect starting point for visits to Energy Solutions Arena, Gateway Plaza, Temple Square, and Salt Palace Convention Center. Guest suites are 25% larger than most suites in the area. The property also features a complimentary new breakfast buffet, high-speed Internet Access, indoor pool, and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Marriott Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport North America