“Somewhat dissapointing”

SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The décor was very nice at this property, but I would not call the room a suite. The desk was separate from the 2 beds by a translucent partition. I looked in the booklet, and it said there was 24 coffee in the lobby, but there was not. Also it said the Pool and Whirlpool were open 24 hours, but there is no whirlpool.
The walls are thin, as I heard people talking in the next room and using the toilet at 2:00 am.
The door to the shower room is also translucent and right across from the bed, so there was light shining out when my hubby was up very early to shower. It made it a little harder to sleep.
The breakfast was very crowded, and not too good.
There are so many other hotels in the area. I am sure many of them would be a better choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon P
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry you weren't happy with you choice to stay with us. I would hope you might give us one more chance when you are back in Salt Lake City to do a better job for you. We usually receive high marks on our breakfast selection.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were halfway through a 26 day road trip when we stopped at this hotel. It was all that the reviews had said - clean, comfortable, and convenient; and should have rated 5 stars. However, after a good night's sleep, my husband went out to the truck a little before 8:00 the next morning, loaded his suitcases, locked the truck, and came back in for my things. About 15 minutes later, he went back out with my things and found that the truck had been broken into and all of his things stolen! Since we were on a road trip, this included all of his clothes, his medicines, laptops, an expensive gun - over $6000 worth of items. We were always careful to take everything in at night, but this was in broad daylight in the parking lot directly in front of the hotel!!!
While we were talking to the front desk person, the assistant manager walked up, asked what happened, and kept walking. She was unavailable because of a "meeting". Marriott's insurance agent told us they were not responsible because their signs clearly say that they are not responsible for things left in vehicles. I really don't know how you pack to leave without leaving things in the locked vehicle if you have to make 2 trips into the hotel!! When I mentioned that there were no security cameras or personnel, she said that would only be a deterrent. Wouldn't a deterrent be helpful??? I finally wrote Arne Sorenson, CEO, who sent my letter to the manager of the hotel. He wrote back, apologized, and offered to refund the price of the room. Of course, with the automobile deductible and the homeowner's deductible, we were out far more than that. We also lost a day of vacation trying to replace some of the stolen items and talking to police, as well as putting a cloud over the rest of our trip.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frances M
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Your comments serve as a poignant warning to all travelers, to beware of criminal activity everywhere. As I said in my letter, I'm very sorry this happened to you.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Room cramped. Separate toilet room. Noisy on I-80. No jacuzzi. No restaurant. Breakfast poor. Instant oatmeal. No waffle. Fresh cantaloupe at least. Airport shuttle shared by 3-4 properties. Property is cutting corners and it shows. Breakfast below standard. Would not recommend or stay there again. Many other hotels nearby.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Just booked our 4th stay at this Springhill. The rooms are clean and updated, the staff gracious and the parking deal unbelievable.

Previously, we booked another hotel in the area. It was winter and we had an early flight. This saved us from driving 40 mi in the wee hours of an inhospitable winter morning. Their bed, however, was not comfortable.

When I read about Springhill (Tripadvisor). I was immediately attracted by "comfortable bed", but the review that mentioned their parking deal won me over. Long term parking at SL International is $9/day. If you stay at Springhill you can leave your car for $15 the first week you're traveling and $5/day thereafter. There's also a free shuttle to and from the airport.

Now we arrive at the airport fresh and on time!! Incidentally, we recently traveled to Orlando. Had we not stayed at the Springhill we would have run into a traffic accident that closed the freeway.

Their is something very pleasant about boarding an uncrowded shuttle that whisks you to your car as opposed to waiting in line for an airport shuttle that stops at least five times before depositing you at station #5 (or was it #6)... all the while dreading the trek to a remote corner of the lot where you barely found an open space the week prior.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm glad that you discovered the advantages of the parking package. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was about a 5 -10 min car ride from the airport. It was perfect for a one night stay since we had to be at the airport by 5:30 am. We didn't get to experience the free breakfast, but felt that the rooms were very clean. The place was packed b/c of its close vicinity to the airport. They offer a free shuttle service to the airport.

We liked it so much that we will be staying again in Feb of 2014.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will see you again in February!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Having volunteered to be bumped from the last leg of my flight home I ended up at the Spring Hill Suites airport in SLC quite late at night and compliments of Delta Air. The room/suite was perfectly adequate except they had not changed the clocks in my room to daylight time and therefore I got up an hour earlier than I had meant to....but breakfast very ample. The decor is a bit odd, sort of retro- stiff and mostly pale green/blue pastels with a strange gauzy curtain thing around the breakfast area. if towels were thicker it would be more upscale, but doesn't quite make it. Not bad though if you have to stay overnight at the SLC airport. Morning shuttle was fast and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We are in the process of updating to a more plush towel, so next time you are in Salt Lake City please come back again!

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Moved to SHS SLC to be close to airport for an early flight. I am a platinum elite member and this in the finest SHS I have ever stayed in. I'm the future when I come to SLC or plan trips here I will stay at this hotel. Felt very comfortable here and welcomed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Coming from someone who sees a lot of hotel rooms, that means a lot. Thank you, and we will see you next time!