“Excellent value and close to airport”

SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Lakebay, Washington
“Excellent value and close to airport”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Quick, excellent check in. very quiet and comfortable rooms. excellent breakfast with eggs' sausage; yogurt; fruit; and oatmeal or cold cereal. very close to Salt Lake City airport with quick shuttle service. Friendly and very courteous staff. Extremely clean hotel. Had very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Springhill Suites last week and had exceptional customer service. Unfortunately, when I checked out I left a brand new blouse and a phone charger in my room. I got a call later that night from Sela, I believe, letting me know that I had forgotten those items. She offered to ship them to my home. I was especially impressed with this because I had left something in a room at a Holiday Inn earlier in the month and the folks there were not helpful at all! I have left items in rental cars before too and it always amazes me how simple it would be to contact the people that leave things behind. They must know who stayed in that room or rented that car but yet, no one ever does this. Well Sela did! Thank you Sela for going above and beyond.

When I checked in I was greeted by the lovely Sena. She was so kind and welcoming and friendly. She made my day. Sena was great and also aided in shipping my new blouse back to me!

Thank you ladies. I will be back but I won't be leaving any of my belongings behind!

Room Tip: Cute little man made duck pond nearby to run or walk around.
Green Features: They also do recycle in the lobby, which I LOVE! I wish they recycled in the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jef F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Debbie F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am always so excited when our team members do something for our guests which makes them memorable by name. Your kind words and acknowledgement keep us striving to provide the best possible service!

Sela is fantastic and was just recently promoted. Sina is new to our team but she is a natural and loves what she does!

I am glad we were able to catch your misplaced items. I know that if it weren't for people looking out for me, I would be replacing a lot of things because I leave stuff behind all of the time!

Thanks again, and I will definitely celebrate your appreciation to Sela and Sina!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for one night after flying in for a day-long meeting that was held at the hotel.
Their airport shuttle runs on demand and I find this unusual, but it was very convenient and they did indeed pick up in 10 minutes either to take you to or to go from the airport. The room had an unusual set up that was quite convenient and comfortable providing a nice workspace, split bathroom, areas where you could sit and an small refrigerator/microwave area. The breakfast in the morning was all right rather than excellent in comparison to similar hotels. The service was friendly and helpful.

They have a conference room available for booking that we used for our meeting and lunch was arranged to be provided there. This was available to be arranged, even though the hotel does not have a restaurant other than the included breakfast. I enjoyed the lunch and was impressed by the quality of the food provided.

Dear SanDiegoBusyWoman-

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your time during the conference and the meal that was arranged. Further, I appreciate your comments about the convenience of our complimentary airport shuttle.

We value the opinion of each of our guests and certainly appreciate your taking the time to write a review! Thank you!

If you are ever back this way, please feel free to reach out to me directly and be sure to bring some of your fantastic weather with you when you return!

Jef
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, great stay. The pool was small but nice. The breakfast was also very nice, everything from oatmeal and cold cereal to eggs and sausage or yogurt and fruit. I will definately stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jef F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Amy C,

Thanks for your review about our hotel! We certainly appreciate your return trip and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Missoula, MT
Reviewed 1 April 2014

A new facility that is in great condition, very close to the airport. The color scheme is blue and green, which a bit odd. But, this is a clean, comfortable choice that offers a good, fresh breakfast buffet and fast shuttle pickup from the airport. The staff are friendly.

The rooms are big, as is typical for Suites, with separate sitting and sleeping areas. The toilet and bathroom are also separate and spotless, although not very large. The king-size bed is good, although the sheets are thin and there was a slight chemical odor. The facility is relatively quiet, although the walls are a bit thin. A good sized flatscreen TV.

There is no restaurant on-site, although rooms have microwaves and refrigerators.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jef F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Wombat18,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay. I do appreciate the feedback about linen and I have brought your comments to our Housekeeping Supervisor's attention. FInally, thank you for your mention about our staff! We have been working very hard to provide exceptional service and a friendly atmosphere and your words have gone far to encourage the team to keep striving.

Please let me know if you will be back in Salt Lake CIty!

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay here. I usually stay at the Marriott on State Street, which I love. I just didn't want to be bothered with getting a cab into town and I knew I wouldn't need food. After a particularly horrific Spring hill stay last week in El Paso I almost rebooked. This is a very nice airport hotel. Exceptionally clean, quite, cute retro rooms, nice staff and had written note on arrival. I do miss the lounge at the Marriott. But not $80 worth. Consider a stay here if you need to be near the airport. I even remember them showing extra attention to detail at the morning meal. We done!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jef F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear RubyDo1956,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. I am glad you appreciated the design and personalized touch. We certainly do appreciate you as our guest and it is wonderful to hear that our efforts went noticed. Please let me know if you will be coming back through Salt Lake City so I can thank you in person.

Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel has everything I need and want in a hotel at a medium price. Great quiet location near the Salt Lake Airport, an extremely nice room with an office desk, free Wi-Fi, couch, good king bed, a built-in rack for TWO suitcases (!) which I almost never find and an excellent breakfast buffet offering. I'm definitely going back on my next trip to/through Salt Lake City.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jef F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Lake Tahoe Tom,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the wonderful review. I am sorry I missed you personally, but would certainly welcome an opportunity to thank you in person upon your next stay. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel and gave us such an enthusiastic review!
Looking forward to hosting you again

Jef