“Nice old Farm but needs some care”

Wheeler Historic Farm
Ranked #26 of 149 things to do in Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Owner description: A working historic farm!
Bloomingdale, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice old Farm but needs some care”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a beautiful old family farm nestled in the base of the Wasach Mountains of the Salt Lake Basin. It was early Spring when we went so there was not much vegetation to observe but I am sure it is beautiful in the summer months. There were lots of farm animals, fine for entertaining children but I would have liked to see them as part of a more active farm which probably occurs in the summer months again. The house however was very run down on the outside. we were not able ot enter it for a tour. It would be nice to see it fixed up a bit, not sure what Utah can afford for this sort of purpose but in NYS there is lots of money for historic sites. I think it was nice of the family to share their home and if I go back I wil be sure to return if during the Summer months to see it as a working farm.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
southern us
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Instead of skiing at Alta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and son planned a day of skiing at Alta which is absolutely magnificent to look at for 5 minutes, but with a toddler in tow waiting around all day was not an appealing option. I plugged the nearest Wendys into my nav system and headed to nearby Sandy to search out some food and distraction. We discovered Blac Bear Diner which was hopping for lunch and then checked trip advisor for something fun to do. I discovered Wheeler Historic Farm close by and FREE! After being charged resort rates for measley fare, my expectations were low; however the ratings were excellent so we went. I'm so glad we did. It was a neat, orderly well run farm. The animals, cows, horses, goats, sheep, pigs, chickens...etc all seemed well cared for and unafraid of people. Some were even touchable. The weather was warm and sunny. My 2 year old had an absolute ball and so did I. I'd rate 5, but could never find a bathroom nor a semi private bush even to relieve my tea filled bladder so rating 4. Had to pee in a cup in the back of the minivan! Sheesh.

2 Thank mermaidkatie
Erda, Utah
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Summer at the Farm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I'm mostly reviewing this for the Farmer's Market held here at the farm on Sundays through the summer. The farm is a nice big place and the parking, even when always busy, seems to be plentiful. The mature trees of this historic place make this an ideal place for gatherings, family outings and on summer Sundays, shop for healthy real food choices.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sherry O
Las Vegas, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Authentic working farm with beautiful location for pictures.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Amazing place! My kids loved the farm. It's an authentic farm with gardens, a small orchard, a duck pond, and animals. We saw chickens, turkeys, pigs, goats, sheep, horses, and cows. The highlight of our trip was milking a cow! We were tickled to make a smashed penny for our souvenir. Bring lots of water.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank cplvsl
Tampa, Florida
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Pretty farm, great photo ops, try to go when it's not hot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were there in July so only stayed about 45 minutes due to the heat but I'd love to go in the fall. There are ducks to feed for 50 cents, horses, and other animals. There is a barn with antique tractors and equipment. We loved the little store where we bought candy. There is a facility to have a wedding and reception.

Visited July 2013