“Fantastic hotel”

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I really can't say enough nice things about this hotel. The location is great- though not immediately across the street from the convention or conference center as other hotels, it is very close. The room was spacious, a great sofa for relaxing and a very comfortable king bed. I enjoyed the feature that the tv swiveled so that you can watch from the couch or bed. The breakfast had a wide variety of options. I also used the gym, which was small but had the right amount of equipment (a treadmill and an elliptical, along with some weights). The wifi was free and the hotel is close to the rail line, which goes directly to the airport for only a few dollars. The hotel also held my luggage after check-out until my red eye flight. I highly recommend this hotel for a trip to SLC!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 days over October and read with some concern the comments from some describing staff as dis-interested or unhelpful. Maybe the power of tripadvisor reviews works as I found all staff to be very friendly and very accommodating, impressively so . I thought the hotel was very nice - first time I'd stayed at a Hyatt place so was unaware of the different levels of hyatts (eg "Grand" Hyatt) but understandable. Thought breakfast was fine and well laid out. Two points - in a strange ( ie new) city and new hotel I do refer to the leather binder most hotels have in their rooms - what time is check out - what time does the pool/restaurant/bar/gym open close what are the airline and taxi numbers, where are the thai/Indian restaurants etc. No such thing in this hotel which I did find disappointing - staff were informed and able to answer all queries but such a reference book in a room I think is often really helpful.
Major issue was the position of the hotel. if you are coming to a sports event at Energy Solutions arena then definitely this is a perfect place. I was instead at the convention center which is about a 4-5 block walk - done 2-4 times a day in different weather this was a bit tedious particularly when talking to others staying at the numerous hotels across the street from the convention center. Same comments go for the main shopping centre as well. The gateway mall behind the hotel is actually more a wide avenue of shops - many good ones but be aware all the eating ones are 3 blocks away at the other end of the mall from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I checked into this property never having stayed at a Hyatt Place before. The reason I chose that hotel instead of one of my OWN in my management group or that of my corporate group, because we were going to a concert next door @ The Depot and we could easily walk to this great venue!!!
UNFORTUNATELY, I left my gym bag!!!
FORTUNATELY, a great team of honest housekeepers, friendly front desk staff and management that was AWESOME---thanks MATT returned my bag within 2 days!!!
It wasn't just any ordinary gym bag either! It had expensive Pilates info in it and CD's and a brand new bottle of perfume--not cheap!!!
I would highly recommend this FAB location, great rooms and amazing staff hotel <3

Room Tip: Easy access to Gateway Plaza
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed there for just one night stop while traveling from Yellowstone NP to Moab. The hotel is conveniently located just off the main highway and also a few steps from the mormon temple, so with 2 or 3 hrs you can have a dinner in a restaurant in the nearby shopping mall and have a short walk to the mormon temple or the city hall.
The rooms are very clean and spacious, beds are comfortable. Bathroom is ok, shower is functional with plenty of hot water !
Breakfast is included in the price and there is a good choice of foods, quality is average, nothing memorable but anyway good for the price you pay.
There is a car park for $10
Staff is very polite and friendly.
As a final note... our final balance due was $178 taxes included.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Overall, we were satisfied with the quality and service in the hotel. Engagement and friendliness of staff should definitely be admitted. The room was big, the bed was comfortable. The only thing: the a/c was a little loud. Especially, it was felt at night. Another downside - prices on food in a lobby were quite high. Breakfast (complimentary) consisted of a variety of dishes, and the restaurant was spacious enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whtver
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This is the only place me and my husband stay when we go to salt lake. We love the rooms they are clean and very comfortable beds and couches. The service is really great and friendly every time we go it is oar enough to shopping centers restaurants and movie theaters and right across the street if you like to go watch basketball or take the kids to any sort of Disney on ice or other events

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

After our trip through USA Northwest we stayed 3 nights in this hotel before we flew back to Chicago and Switzerland. We were happy to have made this choice. The location is perfect (you can easily walk to SLC center - Gateway shopping complex just around the corner), the front desk was friendly and efficient and the room was large, clean and quiet. We also liked the parking lot just behind the hotel (10$ per night is fair). The hotel offers a very good complimentary breakfast with extensive choice of food. A place definitely to remember for a next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple