“This is the place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Wailea, Hawaii
“This is the place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our family from around the country was in town for a double wedding the weekend after Christmas. We (18) decided to stay at the Hyatt Place and we are glad we did. We were very impressed with the staff, they were so accommodating. The directions they gave to every brunch, reception and event were very detailed. We would return late at night and would hang out at the fireplace determining if we should continue the party or just hang out and they brought over pitchers of water and glasses. There were many little touches like this that made our stay a very good experience. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Salt Lake City downtown for your special event, I am so happy that my staff provided you and your group with extra little touches that enhanced your stay.

I hope our great location also helped to make your group event even better! Please consider us again if your travels bring you to the Salt Lake City area in the future.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at a Hyatt in Denver and were very impressed with the hotel, so when we found the Hyatt in SLC, we expected the same. The staff was not very friendly or helpful. We ordered room service and had to go down to get our food. We passed a lady on the way who asked for more blankets and had to go down to get them. Is this a new trend?
We stayed over New Years and you would think they would plan for the influx of people, but they ran out of food and coffee when we went down around 9.
The fitness center is about what you would expect at a hotel, although water in the facility would have been nice.
Rooms were clean, but our coffee mugs were dirty.
Overall we were disappointed. I write this review in hopes some improvements can be made for a more enjoyable experience.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cmr2113
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I got to stay in this hotel for free thanks to the wonderful program rewards that Hyatt offers its clients. We were enchanted! The staff is incredibly nice, we will always remember Brady at the front desk but to tell the truth each one of the person that works there is super nice. As it is typical of Hyatt the room was spacious, comfortable and pleasantly decorated plus a magnificent roll-in-shower that is a must for me since I am wheel chair bound. Breakfast, as usual, was fantastic. Not to forget to mention their great location that allowed us to take the train to visit many of the tourist’s attractions as well as to safely walk to malls and restaurants. Definitely Hyatt knows how to make a stay, memorable!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were in Salt Lake City recently for a wedding. The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff may be the most service oriented I have ever experienced. We had a large group and they were most accommodating and willing to help in any way that they could. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I really can't say enough nice things about this hotel. The location is great- though not immediately across the street from the convention or conference center as other hotels, it is very close. The room was spacious, a great sofa for relaxing and a very comfortable king bed. I enjoyed the feature that the tv swiveled so that you can watch from the couch or bed. The breakfast had a wide variety of options. I also used the gym, which was small but had the right amount of equipment (a treadmill and an elliptical, along with some weights). The wifi was free and the hotel is close to the rail line, which goes directly to the airport for only a few dollars. The hotel also held my luggage after check-out until my red eye flight. I highly recommend this hotel for a trip to SLC!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 days over October and read with some concern the comments from some describing staff as dis-interested or unhelpful. Maybe the power of tripadvisor reviews works as I found all staff to be very friendly and very accommodating, impressively so . I thought the hotel was very nice - first time I'd stayed at a Hyatt place so was unaware of the different levels of hyatts (eg "Grand" Hyatt) but understandable. Thought breakfast was fine and well laid out. Two points - in a strange ( ie new) city and new hotel I do refer to the leather binder most hotels have in their rooms - what time is check out - what time does the pool/restaurant/bar/gym open close what are the airline and taxi numbers, where are the thai/Indian restaurants etc. No such thing in this hotel which I did find disappointing - staff were informed and able to answer all queries but such a reference book in a room I think is often really helpful.
Major issue was the position of the hotel. if you are coming to a sports event at Energy Solutions arena then definitely this is a perfect place. I was instead at the convention center which is about a 4-5 block walk - done 2-4 times a day in different weather this was a bit tedious particularly when talking to others staying at the numerous hotels across the street from the convention center. Same comments go for the main shopping centre as well. The gateway mall behind the hotel is actually more a wide avenue of shops - many good ones but be aware all the eating ones are 3 blocks away at the other end of the mall from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I checked into this property never having stayed at a Hyatt Place before. The reason I chose that hotel instead of one of my OWN in my management group or that of my corporate group, because we were going to a concert next door @ The Depot and we could easily walk to this great venue!!!
UNFORTUNATELY, I left my gym bag!!!
FORTUNATELY, a great team of honest housekeepers, friendly front desk staff and management that was AWESOME---thanks MATT returned my bag within 2 days!!!
It wasn't just any ordinary gym bag either! It had expensive Pilates info in it and CD's and a brand new bottle of perfume--not cheap!!!
I would highly recommend this FAB location, great rooms and amazing staff hotel <3

Room Tip: Easy access to Gateway Plaza