“Good location, free breakfast, nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Good location, free breakfast, nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location and it's very clean. The breakfast included in the price was very good. When we were there it the hot items included scrambled eggs, sausage and pancakes. They also had peeled grapefruit segments, yogurt, bagels and donuts. Everything you could ask for. The staff was friendly. Everything we could ask for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words about the staff here at the Hyatt Place Downtown, we take pride in the service and cleanliness that we provide!

I am glad you had time to enjoy the breakfast and hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again in the future!

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Wenatchee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here to attend my sisters graduation from the U. The hotel offers free wi-fi, free breakfast. The pool offered a nice place to relax and grabs the evening sun. I did bot rent a car and didn't feel i needed to have one with Trax right in front. Trax took me to terminal 1 $2.50. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank hautemomma
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I hope the graduation was a great time!

I appreciate that you commented on our free breakfast and Wi-Fi as they are wonderful amenities that we offer our guests.

You can't beat taking TRAX to get all around town and as you mentioned even to the airport.

I hope that if your travels brings you back to Salt Lake City in the future that you once again choose the Hyatt Place Downtown!

Sao Bernardo Do Campo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great hotel with a good price. The rooms are perfect for a family of five. Great location, right next to the Gateway mall, good for shopping and meals. Doesn`t have free airport shuttle service, which some hotels do.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruno's Trips F
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Downtown and letting us know how your stay was!

It sounds like you were on a family vacation and we have a great location for that and big rooms to accommodate families. I am glad you enjoyed the Gateway Mall and all it has to offer. We do not offer a free shuttle but TRAX is right outside the door and it is $2.50 per person from the airport and free within the downtown area, it's very convenient and clean. If you travel to Salt Lake City again, please ask the front desk to assist you with using TRAX if you are interested.

Thank you again for your time and I hope to have you stay at the Hyatt Place again in the future.

Twin Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The location of this hotel is awesome you can walk across the street to the areana or on the other side there is the mall about a block down is temple square and about a block from the tram so you can go anywhere in town. The hotel staff was nice and helpful. The room was a little smaller then I thought from the the pictures but it was still adquit for me and my children. The room was clean and looked very modern. The breakfast was a nice plus. Over all I was very impressed for the price I woukd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank HJCR
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Downtown!

I am very happy to hear you loved the location and easy access to all the attractions in the area. Now that the TRAX line is open (and free downtown) it's even faster to get to where you need to go!

I will pass along your comments to the front desk and housekeeping and let them know you thought they were nice and helpful and that the room was clean, they will be happy to hear that!

Thank you again for your time and I hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Hyatt place is becoming my new favorite hotel chain. This hotel by the Gateway and a block from Energy Solutions Arena is easy to access. It is a newer hotel, well kept, clean and comfortable. The bed was great and well sized room. Breakfast was good, with lots of choices. I don't like that you have to pay for over night parking and the hotel is a little high priced although a better value than nearby hotels.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank iliketoeateat
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

So happy to hear that The Hyatt Place brand is making such a great impact on you and your hotel choices! I am glad we could be a part of that positive experience for you!

We love our location.... you can't beat it and we pride ourselves for being well maintained and clean as well as super friendly!

We do get comments about our parking charge but because of our Urban location it is essential that we secure the parking so that only hotel guests can park here and to do that we must charge a fee. the $10 however, is much lower than the other downtown hotels who charge as much as $18.00 a day.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope your travels bring you back to The Hyatt Place downtown!

sandy, utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed overnight and was delighted. Room with two double beds also had a privacy divider, sitting area with couch and desk, and was new and spacious. Contemporary decor, great lobby with fireplace, good continental breakfast options. Only quibble was the $10 parking fee, which I hadn't been aware of when making reservation. Pool and hot tub are outdoors, thus pool not open year round.

Room Tip: Although 414 was right by the elevator, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay!

We have only been open for 5 years so the décor is still up to date and still new looking, I am glad you noticed that and enjoyed it! We just opened the pool and it will be open until October, so if your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City during that time frame you will be able to enjoy that amenity. We have towels draped on each chair and vibrant accent pillows to make the are even more inviting.

Because of your downtown location we do charge a $10 a night parking fee but our fee is less than the other hotels right in the downtown area, some of the full service hotels charge up to $18.00 a day. I hope that you understand the reason for charging is the Urban location.

Thank you again for your time and I hope to have you stay with us again!

Fairbanks, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

The one problem with this Hyatt is that it is dark. The rooms, typical of the Hyatt Place are of good size, but the one window is small and on the east side does not get much sun being hidden by the adjacent buildings. Front desk staff were all young and everyone was exceptionally nice and accommodating. Breakfast was enjoyable but that area did not get cleaned up both mornings we were there and then housekeeping forgot to come back to our room in the afternoon. Very convenient to the Gateway right next door and the hotel is easy to find in an area with not too much traffic. Parking is around back at $10.00/day in a secured lot. An OK stay...

Room Tip: On the west side where the view is more open and there is more sun. Ask for a room on the top floor...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ken P
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at The Hyatt Place Downtown. I am glad you liked the location next to The Gateway Mall. If your travels bring you back, please request a room on the West side as there is a lot more light on that side of the building. Thank you for the compliment on my staff, I will be sure to share it with them. I will also address the lack of breakfast clean up with the staff, I am sure it was an unusually busy breakfast as the staff typically does a great job clearing and cleaning.

I hope you give us another try the next time you are in Salt Lake City.