“Good Stay”

Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Norfolk England
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had 2 nights here at the end of May to see the city. As we had driven in we had to pay the parking, but at $10 in a city thats not really a problem. All we wanted to see and do was within walking distance. Temple Sq and City Creek only a few blocks away, although there is a free tram you could use.
The room was big and clean and the bed comfortable. Not a big deal but housekeeping never made the bed etc whilst we were there. Apart from that everything was good, including the free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been a Hyatt Gold Passport member since 2007. I have always enjoyed our stays there and have recommended it to others. We spent a week in Denver at the Hampton Inn where there were four weddings and every room was occupied. Nevertheless we had no problems with maid service or breakfasts.
My first issue was price. When I booked the room on Hyatt's site, the price seemed excessive. On a friend's advice, I used Booking.com and got the same room for almost $200 less. Of course, I knew I would not get any Hyatt points but I couldn't pass up the savings.
Our second issue was the maid service. Our first two days the maids didn't come until close to 5p.m. which was very inconvenient for us. When we complained, we were told they had to get all the other rooms done first for the new people coming in! Nevertheless, maid service was timely after that. The real issues occurred on the weekend. On Saturday morning, it looked like a swarm of locusts had descended. While there were lots of powered eggs, sausages, pancakes, cake donuts and cold cereal, there were literally nothing else. They were out of plates, cups, and silverware both Saturday and Sunday. The coffee was continuously out on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The milk, juices, yogurt, cottage cheese, pastries, bagels and bananas were gone. There were grapefruit slices on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I'd bet it was the same bowl every day. (Guess they don't know that people on medications, which most seniors are, cannot eat grapefruit). The only thing my wife could eat was an English muffin and peanut butter. This indicates the management and staff were understaffed and unprepared. No matter their "excuses" how did the Hampton Inn manage to give excellent service in a completely filled hotel?
I later found out we could have stayed at the Marriott, at the Temple, with a made to order breakfast, for virtually the same price as the Hyatt web price! My mistake; will not happen again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fox1george
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a relatively new property with the shine still on. Very well located, it's just a 10-minute cab ride from the SLC airport. I really like the Hyatt Place concept. The rooms are accessed through wide, well-lit corridors. The rooms themselves are large with a refrigerator, a work area and a seating area with couches. Bathrooms have a walk-in shower and a vanity large enough to lay out toiletries. One downside: no shower gel (I bring my own along). This particular property is well located with attractions a short drive or long walk away. There are some truly good restaurants nearby. Staff is friendly and efficient. This property is my preferred location when visiting the SLC area. It's much more convenient and well situated than the cluster of airport hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This place is right across from Energy Solutions arena (where the Utah Jazz play). It is walking distance to Gateway shopping center with lots of restaurants and a large theater. Customer service is tops (Brady the desk guy always remembers my name when I come back), free breakfast is decent, the gym is good sized, and it's always been under budget for being in the downtown area. Definitely recommended!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the high markings and hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Positives:
Friendly, positive helpful service, especially the front desk;
Reasonably-sized, clean, quiet room;
Location is close to attractions;
Breakfast choices were good;
Fairly priced;
Hyatt gold passport points.

On balance, we recommend and would stay at the hotel again, however there were several issues:
Parking lot crowded and tight each night we were there;
A panhandler closely approached me when I got into our car. Probably an isolated case. Reported;
One morning at breakfast, there was a staff meeting in the adjacent public area while customers looked for silverware.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank packcal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that overall you had a nice stay but I am sorry to hear bout the parking issues and being approached by a stranger (this is not something that commonly happens). The staff is supposed to make sure the food and utensils are stocked before attending our staff meeting in the morning, I have shared your comments and they will be more aware of this going forward.

Thank you again for writing a review, I appreciate your feedback.

Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hyatt Place is 3 blocks (.5 mi.) from Temple Square. It made it really convenient to walk up to the Conference Center to hear the Morman Tabernacle Choir and not have to fool with parking. As a bonus, everything was really clean, the bed was comfortable, no loud noise, and breakfast was good. We paid $89 for 1 night 5/31.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place while visiting the sites here in Salt Lake City! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and comment on the hotel and the amenities.

If you travel back to the Salt Lake City area, I hope that you choose to stay with us again as we would love to have you.

Best Regards

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had my entire family come in from all across the country. It couldn't have went better. Planning and coordinating was easy and efficient. Everyone planned their trip individually with convenience. Everyone loved the hotel and staff which added to the entire trip. ***Lightrail (TRAX) goes from airport to hotel... And the TRAX goes all over the city. NO ONE had to rent cars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am so happy to hear that your group had such a nice stay at the Hyatt Place Downtown. I love to hear when a large group is able to enjoy their stay and that my staff helped make it even better!

TRAX does make it easy to transport large groups without a lot of rental cars, I am glad you were able to utilize it.

I hope that if you travel to Salt Lake City again that you comes stay with us!