Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspark and flyan early morning flightsalt lakearriving lateyogurtthe shuttle driverbreakfast sandwichcomplimentary breakfasttwo queen bedsthe staff was friendly and helpfulrental carroom was clean and comfortablerooms are largebusiness tripdesk clerkfree shuttledowntown slc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I often stay at the Hyatt Place SLC Airport if we have an early morning flight. They have great park and fly rates and we have found our rooms to always be in excellent condition, comfortable, and enjoyable. They have wonderful seating areas so you are not always having to be on the bed to watch TV, work on your computer, or eat. It's great for my family of three. Although the pool isn't large and there is no hot tub my son and I still thoroughly enjoy swimming while watching the planes land. Very fun views. When we last returned to pick up the car we had left we found our ice scraper missing (probably moved out in the luggage shuffle). The employee on duty went out to his car and secured an ice scraper and even offered to take care of the windows while I waited with my son in the lobby. That is above and beyond service!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear guest,

We are excited that you liked our rooms and Hyatt Place concept. Thank you for recognizing our efforts to display exceptional customer service.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

New facility very near the airport. Everything was clean and the room had a sitting area with large comfortable sofa. The king bed was excellent. Complimentary breakfast was first class. Try the Napoli coffee and the egg, ham and cheese muffin. We would have liked a little more closet space and more hooks to hang things. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for filling the Tripadvisor survey. We are glad that everything was up to your expectations.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Hyatt Place located just minutes from the Salt Lake City Airport. From the outside and due to its proximity to the airport, one would think that all of the amenities would be made available. The "restaurant" is glorified cafeteria food and if you order the chilli, do not wait 45 minutes for it, as they serve it burnt. The food is not fresh and there is no room service, so if you want to eat in your room, you have to call it in and then go and get it. The fitness center had dirty towels all over the place and DON'T EXPECT to be able to get a good work out in, as the cardio equipment kept shutting down.

Most importantly, I had a client to take to dinner and the staff provided no assistance in terms of a recommendation and IN FACT insisted we eat in their lobby . . . I mean restaurant. After several attempts to get this information, I decided to across the way to the Holiday Inn & Suites and eat at Wingtips. The experience and food were exceptional; if you have the opportunity to eat there, please ask for Ann; she was amazing.

In closing, I have enjoyed several magnificent stays at Hyatt Regency's across North America; this experience was very forgetable and for those of you travelling to Utah and looking for a place to stay, I would avoid this establishment and bank on the services provided by other nearby hotels. (Holiday Inn & Suites, Hilton, Marriott, etc)

Paul

Room Tip: Invest in spending a few extra minutes checking out the amenities of other hotels located near the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place SLC Airport. We know you had many hotels to choose from. I apologize that the staff actions and facilities did not meet your expectations and high standards we created for ourselves. Please know that your input is very valuable for us and we will use it to improve our operations. I hope you will give us another chance so we can demonstrate service you deserve.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

One exit from Salt Lake City International, the Hyatt Place is a convenient airport hotel. The airport shuttle arrived within 15 minutes of my call. Since the return trip was outside of shuttle hours, the hotel paid for a taxi. Despite the proximity of other hotels, there are no eateries within walking distance. The hotel offers room service, so guests need not go hungry into the night.

The rooms follow the standard Hyatt Place layout. A partition separates an inviting seating area from the bed. While this gives travelers a sense of two distinct rooms, the partition blocks light from a small window. This is exacerbated by the fact that the bathroom wall is the exterior wall. As a result, natural light is minimal. This is ideal for watching television but not for reading. A positive aspect of the layout is the bathroom. The sink is separate from the shower and toilet – a benefit for time-conscious couples.

The rate includes wireless internet, parking, breakfast, and the aforementioned airport shuttle. In the era of fees to drive incremental revenue, this hotel – and Hyatt Place in general – still include the amenities many guests value.

In summary, this is a good stop near the Salt Lake City airport.

Pros: A wealth of included amenities – internet, parking , breakfast – to name a few

Cons: Low natural light in guest rooms

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear guest,

“A Wealth of Included Amenities Near SLC International”. We could not come up with better slogan. Thank you for putting it together for us. We will sure use it in the future. It is nice that you found the time to write this review. I apologize that the lighting in the room was not sufficient but I hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here with my son for one night. The room was much larger than I expected. It was well appointed and more lika a suite than a room. The room was quiet and comfortable with everything that we needed. The beds were large and very very comfortable as well. We booked through Southwest when we booked our flights and we got a super price ($77.00)! The FREE breakfast was delicious. The room and the common areas were very clean. Our son will be attending college in SLC next year and we plan on staying at this hotel for all trips to the city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport. We are very pleased to know that we met your expectations and we sure hope to see you again after your son starts SLC College.