The SLC Hyatt Place offered up exactly what the hotel brand does best; a consistent stay from start of the first contact to checkout. I booked the hotel in a pinch when the last evening flight from SLC-to my destination departed full at 10pm and I was a standby reservation. In this scenario I needed (actually wanted) a nearby airport location combined with the brand standard comfort level that I enjoy. Having stayed at Hyatt Place before and seeing the rate as reasonable though pricier than the Microtel/Comfort Inn level of other hotels, I booked the reservation as soon I was realized I couldn't get a seat on the flight.
The hotel answered the courtesy phone situated in Bag Claim of Terminal One promptly. No complicated phone directories or being put on hold just to summon the shuttle van. THe phone is located right by Door 6 which is the pick up location for the van. About 10 minutes later the van arrived for me. The driver apologized for being late. Late? Who knew? I'd say an "on-demand" pickup after 10 minutes of an unannounced call is great service indeed.
Plan on around 7-9 minutes for the van ride. THe hotel location is off the flight path, thus the hotel is quiet. For those with kids seeking or hoping for a location of a hotel with eating nearby for the kids, this isn't your hotel. The hotel is situated in pure low rise office park territory with seemingly nothing around. Runners however that want more than the standard hotel fitness center can surely loop around the officer parks/warehouses and crank out the mileage. Check-in was a breeze. I wasn't hungry but there is hot food available, drinks, and snacks. The elevator is huge too. You could be a traveling concert pianist and have space to fit your grand piano in the guest elevator.
The room itself was classic Hyatt Place which really was the point after all. The signature couch was there; love it. The bed was super comfortable. Just a single bathroom sink so although there was a mini-fridge, there wasn't an extra sink near the bar as some of these hotels have. No big deal there. The air con worked fine and soon I got down to the business of sleeping.
THe next day I didn't have time for the gym, but the fitness center is standard for a limited/hybrid service hotel. Check out was also very fast. There's a mixed complimentary breakfast and paid menu hot items available
THe van operates 2x/hour to the airport which is reasonable. The front desk said at slow times they can be a bit more flexible, but I was leaving at 7am. The driver that took me back to the airport was just as friendly as the one that picked me up. Overall, the hotel delivered textbook Hyatt Place amenities and service. In my mind, it's a service worth paying for. One can expect a spacious, well designed room floor plan, and a good mix between complimentary munchies and paid extras. I would definitely come back to this hotel and based on what I saw at this hotel I'll remain loyal to Hyatt Place's when the time/need arises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just three miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport, the Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport is only a 40-minute drive to Utah’s major ski areas. The hotel offers guests easy access to local business and corporate parks, including Wells Fargo, Franklin Covey, Decker Lakes Business Center and Sorenson Research Park. The Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport is also the perfect hotel for race teams and crews. Our location can have you racing in no time. We offer 24 hour food service, beautiful & spacious guest rooms and 42” high definition flat screen televisions.The hotel is easily accessible to both the Hill Air Force Base and the Fort Douglas Military Base. For families, the Salt Lake City hotel is in close proximity to the Hogle Zoo, Lagoon Amusement and Water Park, Salt Lake Bees Baseball stadium and the Museum of Natural History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport North America