“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
MN
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was one of the BEST comfort Inns we have stayed at. No pool, but we were too busy to use it this trip, anyway. I suppose if you have kids, a pool is a requirement, but they did have a hot tub. This place was CLEAN clean clean. The staff very friendly.

The manager's reception during the week- with WINE and beer and appetizers.. wow! Their breakfast was very good. Nothing lacking.

Was within walking of MANY great places to eat. We walked all over downtown Salt Lake City from here. Enjoyed our stay.

I think I KNOW why one of the other customers had that puddle in their room, I blame the construction workers who put in their tubs! OUR tub, was slanted towards the outside, and the shower curtain never really sealed to the wall, so the water all went to the floor outside the tub. We would try hard to stop it, had to put two bath towels down and they would be soaked! It's not the hotel's fault this is happening at the moment.. I bet they fix it soon, too.

Room Tip: A room facing the street MIGHT be quieter than the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JackiePaper
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. I will definitely share our kind words with the staff and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Southeast
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We chose this motel in order to be downtown in walking distance of sites we wanted to see. The location was good but the room had problems. Everything was fine the night we checked in but by morning there was a puddle in the doorway of the bathroom from a leak in the ceiling. My husband reported it to the front desk and was told it was probably just air conditioner condensation. (There was a crack in the ceiling and the water dripped constantly.) When we came back to the room later that day, nothing had been done and the puddle was deeper. We put a towel over the water but it began to spread out into the room, soaking the carpet. Whenever we entered the bathroom we had to step over the puddle (hard to do if you get up in the dark). We checked out the next day and I reported it once again to the front desk. Again, it was suggested it was condensation.
There are also a very limited number of electrical outlets in the room and if I used the ones in the lamps I had to make sure we didn't turn the lamps off with the wall switch.
Could never get wifi to work in the room. Asked for help at the desk and was told "my phone doesn't pick up well either" (I had an iPad). I think my problem was I had received the wrong code but wasn't offered the right one.
Breakfast was just OK - waffles were the best part.
We weren't offered any maps, coupons, etc. that have been mentioned in other reviews.
As far as location, there were other motels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I apologize for the leaks and internet and will use you comments to improve our service.

Travellers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The manager had a complimentary weekday social hour, with beer and wine and a light meal. The location is pretty good, about a block or so away from the Trax light rail line on Main Street.

The room was clean, but the carpet, bedding, and curtains were all a bit old. The beds were comfortable.

Overall, this is an average place. The lobby appears to have been updated, but the rest of the hotel is older and a bit run down. I chose here because there was a large convention in town and many other places were not available. If you are traveling to SLC, find out when the Outdoor Retailers Association convention is (I think twice a year) and come another time. I would probably choose another hotel the next time I visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a floor higher than street level.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ray P
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for staying with ua and for taking the time to comment on our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed our social. Though we are not a new hotel my staff works very hard to keep the property clean and maintained. Additionally, we have some room feature upgrades planned for the end of theis year to in=mprove your experience. I hope you will stay with us again.
Ogallala, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I work front desk at a hotel, and I was so impressed with this Comfort Inn and their staff! I arrived early and Grace was so nice and got us into a room without any problem. She was so helpful, as we had never visited the area. Grace gave us maps and coupons to use. The place was very clean, and the breakfast was awesome. I just wanted to acknowllege what a wonderful job she did!! I would defenitly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks for your kind words. I have passed them on tho Grace and I look forward to your next visit.
Nevada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The 2.5 day stay began 7/26/13, when a family member was admitted to a nearby hospital. After being up 28 hours, I arrived at this hospital in an extremely exhausted state at about 9:00 AM. I inquired about an early checking with a 1-2 night stay. The desk clerk was EXTREMELY helpful, understanding, and cordial. She placed me in a far away room to allow for rest and quiet while maintenance & housekeeping worked through the day. The room was very nice, Clean, well maintained, QUIET, and comfortable. The morning breakfast was nicely prepared and offered a great variety of choices. The bed and pillows were super comfortable.

I'd recommend this pet-friendly property without hesitation with hopes that you, too, will enjoy the same great service, welcoming attitude, and pleasant stay that I was allowed to have. GREAT JOB TO ALL AT COMFORT INN DOWNTOWN - SLC.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
It was great to read your compliments.and I have passed them on to my staff. Thank you for taking the time to post them and we hope to see you soon!
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This review will encompass two separate stays at this location, all within one week. We would have changed hotels on the 2nd stay had it not been for the advance payment we made to secure the 20% off rates.

The hotel overall is older and a bit run down. It was not all that clean since you could see dirt on the stairs leading up to the 2nd floor. The manager did have a weekday social hour, complimentary, but the wine was of low quality. I am not expecting anything fancy, but she could have at least chosen a better low-priced wine. During the 1st stay at the complimentary social, the A/C was not working very well and the heat was oppressive. We ended up going to our room. We mentioned it to the manager but she was not too concerned and mentioned problems they had been having. Even if you are not actively working on it, tell the customer you are.

The 1st night I was pleasantly surprised by the Broyhill furniture in the room. The desk, however, was loose and I actually had to use my own tools to tighten the legs. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. They even put the extra pillows in we requested in the comments section on the website. The shower drain did not work well, which should not happen since the cleaning crew is cleaning the shower, right? They should see the slow draining. We told the front desk.

The 2nd stay and room we less desirable. The room was non-smoking, according to the sign, but inside you can tell from the odor that at some point they converted it from smoking. Since the hotel was full, there was no option to change. The room was not as nice as the 1st room and the layout was not very good since the TV was so far from the bed. The desk chair was broken, in that it did not raise up, so I sat lower than the desk. I also informed to desk on checkout. The social hour was still there but this time the A/C was fixed, much more pleasant.

Overall, this is an average place but I would choose another location the next time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and thank you for your business. My staff works very hard to provide a clean, comfortable room to all guests and I am very sorry that we were not able to give youa better experience.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The hotel appeared clean and it appeared that the rooms were nice, but I did not get to experience the full experience as the management over booked the hotel and I was one of the lucky people to be bumped. When I was bumped, they put me at their "sister" property, which is next door. I was told that the property was identical, but I could use the ammenities and have breakfast at the comfort inn, which I found odd if the hotels were comprable. The "sister" property was a pit. Hands down one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever stayed at. When I complained to the management, they were unapologetic and blamed me. I contacted the corporate offices and they said they would compensate me for the experience, but I am still waiting on compensation. The staff was apologetic as apparently, the management at this hotel overbook the hotel all the time and do this to many customers, which the staff appeared to be uncomfortable with as they knew the two properties were not comprable.

I would not recommend this property due to the experience and the risks you run when booking here.

Room Tip: Select another hotel that will guarantee you a room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your review. I would really like to resolve this with you. If you will call me at 801-325-5300 I would like to work this out as I cannot find any information about your reservation in our system.