“Big, hard, bulky pillows, and hard bed.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Downtown

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #47 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
San Diego, CA
“Big, hard, bulky pillows, and hard bed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I've stayed at many Comfort Inns across the USA, and the beds at this one were NOT comfortable. There were 4 pillows on my bed, with an explanation that the front 2 were "soft" while the back 2 were "hard." Actually all 4 pillows were very THICK and hard, and I woke up with neck pain as did my kid. Breakfast was just meh.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your sleepless night. I know a comfortable bed is very important to a good night's rest. I am not sure what happened. We have all new pillows with each bed have a choice of firm or soft- as you indicated. We have received a very good response to our new pillows. We are constantly checking our mattresses and rotating them to keep them in the best shape and I hope to catch this mattress before another traveler has a poor night's sleep.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here visiting family and some business. We loved that they are truly pet friendly charging just $20 for the entire stay. We stayed three nights, since we prepaid. We checked in early but did not check the room. But as soon as we walked in I smelled mold, but since it was late we went to bed. After waking with bloodshot eyes we checked around and found black mold growing above the window. Asked for a new room which they did immediately, but it had an issue with some mold, too. The third room was better. They had recently redecorated but have not fixed major issues with this older building. They were really nice, breakfast was OK, and location great downtown one. It was also a good value.

Room Tip: Probably the upstairs rooms have less mold issue but we had a dog so stayed downstairs
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CaliforniabarbiColor
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I apologize for the mold by the window and that you found it before we did. We would love to have you visit in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here as a family and had a wonderful experience! The lobby and entrance area are nicely decorated, the staff was always friendly and looked nice, and the breakfast was great!

I would definitely stay here again. My only issues are I wish they did breakfast a little later on the weekends (they clost at 9) so we could sleep in, but it isn't that big of a deal. The wifi was slow as well and my iPad and iPhone kept timing out on the connection, and I had to reenter the password the next morning. But it wasn't that big of a deal. Also the hot tub is outside so that was a bummer. They told us the spa was open...but does anybody honestly want to use that in the winter? I doubt it.

Overall a pleasant experience!

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the road.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We hope your family stays with us on your next visit to SLC!
Santa Ana, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

this was a nice place the room was very comfortable and very affordable. and the tub was long and the bed were ever nice and comfortable. i still don't get why all the place i have been to have small pillows.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are very pleased you chose to stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Price, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I absolutely LOVE this hotel. It's location is ideal for whatever activity I have in mind for downtown Salt Lake. The facility itself is gorgeous, with a hot tub, clean rooms, beautiful lobby, satisfying continental breakfast, the list goes on.
Most importantly is the staff. I've only encountered a few, but in staying there 3-4 times over the last couple of years, their night auditor James actually remembered me! And my preferences!
His level of customer service is a rare find, even in the hospitality industry. I would not be surprised to see him running that hotel or a bigger one some day soon. Any industry would be lucky to have him.
It's because of all of these things that I will always stay at the Comfort Inn in a Salt Lake.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
It was a pleasure to hear from you, Megan. We love to here from our regulars. James is the best and I have passed on your kind words to him.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was a repeat stay for us at this property. A perfect location for us within walking distance of our business appointments. We a lovely King bed room with a great bed; the mattress was one of the best on this trip. The extra care and concern for travelers that this hotel includes is a very comfortable lobby area with wide screen HDTV, a spacious breakfast area that doubles for the manager's "reception" in the evening, and cold, fresh water in the lobby. If you need it, there is a room with snacks to purchase as well.
We would stay here again and it is now on our favourites list.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is always a great pleasure to hear from our guests. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you soon!
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

very professional staff. Helped me with downtown map, and directions to sites. Room very comfortable. Happy with my stay there. A few minor repair issues and I did not want to get the blame, so spoke with staff, who were very, very accommodating. I had my beagle with me, and did not want them to think he had done this. I found the facility very comfortable, and would visit again. I really enjoyed the breakfast, delicious waffles and fruit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
It is great to hear from you and thank you so much for your kind words!