“Good hotel”

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Big nice room in walking distance from shops, restaurants and the Temple. In the evening the hotel offered complimental meal including vine etc. Breakfast was included. We used the hotels good self laundry facilities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear 'Good Hotel"

Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. I's glad we could provide good service and a clean room for your stay in SLC. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place was a pretty nice modern hotel - except when we pulled open the curtains they opened to a window to the corridor instead of actually outside!! They offered a 'laundry' but it was only one washer and drier and it took us almost 3 1/2 hours to do our washing. Shower was good, 8/10.. but the hairdryer was awful! Breakfast was good, hotel was pretty well located!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Pretty Good Place!

Thanks for the review and for staying with us. Occasionally we have groups in house that tie up the laundry. Sorry for the wait. We definitely should have given you a new hair dryer. hope to see you next time!
Wayne, PA
Reviewed 29 July 2014

James, the front desk manager, welcomed us and was so friendly and helpful with sightseeing information. He took time to explain directions even though guests were waiting behind us.
Lobby is beautiful and spacious.
Our room was very large and comfortable with nice furnishings and beautiful made-up beds.
Their Hot tub is nice, but a swimming pool would be nicer. Fitness room is not well-equipped.
Parking lot is a bit too small for a hotel of this size.
Great central location and easy access to many places of interest and dining.
NIce refrigerator and microwave in room.
Smashed, dead roach on carpet when we checked into our room, but we did not tell the front desk because we did not want to move all our luggage into another room. At least, the roach was dead and not crawling around!
Not enough electrical outlets to charge electronic devices. Bring your own power strip.
Air conditioning is extremely loud and sounds like an airplane in the room.
I was disappointed in the breakfast room as it closes at 9:00am. Our Saturday stay had many guests and much of the food was gone by 8:15am. We love waffles and was not able to have any because the line for the 2 waffle makers did not let up until 8:45 and then there was no more waffle batter. The breakfast hours should be extended until 10:00 on weekends when there are more tourists. We could not see if this breakfast situation was better on Sunday, as we checked out of the hotel before breakfast to catch a 6:00am flight. My advice is to go to breakfast before 8:00am on summer weekends before food runs out.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing parking lot, not facing the street. Bring power strip if you have many electron...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi Very Pleased!

I am very glad you stayed with us and thanks for the review! I will pass you kind words on to James. Sorry we did not have enough outlets. The breakfast is a tough one as occasionally many people show at once and make it very frustrating trying to get some food. I hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We always choose choice hotels when available but this facility quickly became one of our favorites. From being able to check in a little early after driving for several hours, to the wonderful suite room that was a surprise everything was awesome. The room was clean and quiet. The faculty is within walking distance of most anything we wanted to do or see and the tram station was very close when we didn't want to walk. Stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the entire time.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Great Choice-

Thanks for the awesome review! I am very glad you were able to place you in a great room and that you had a wonderful stay! See you next time you are in town!
San Diego
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The room is roomy & well appointed, with ample outlets for plugins. The single washer & dryer available for guest use are appreciated and a reason why I booked this room. The breakfast area is spacious. A (long) block from a trolley stop. One problem is that every time I open the door to the room, I am hit with a stale odor, as if the room hasn't had any fresh air in it for weeks. Also, the room fan in this room (239) seems to run only when the very noisy a/c kicks on, so the only way to circulate the air is to run the a/c - a problem because I like a fan running throughout the night but would still like to room to be quiet. I could stay here again, but definitely in a different room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fudgemaker
Hello OK stay!

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad we had enough outlets for your needs. We try to air out the rooms often but it is more difficult to accomplish during the busy summer season. Some of the AC units are older and occasionally make some noise. I hope you were able to get some sleep and next time you stay we will definitely get you into a different room.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I almost always stay at Comfort Inn and I am certainly glad I did this time. I was in town with my boys for Comic Con for 5 days and I was worried about all that time in a room with teenage boys but I was so pleased at the size of the room - we all had our personal space. The location was perfect for going to and from the Con as well as exploring the city. Parking was a bit tricky so I found a spot and didn't move all week. The hot tub was great for relaxing at the end of the day, the boys used it every night. The fridge and the microwave helped to keep them in food and the breakfast met expectations. The staff was friendly and told me about evening cocktail hour but I was too busy to make it, maybe next time. When we decided we were too tired to drive home and wanted to stay another day the front desk woman easily accommodated us. I am so pleased, we'll surely stay there the next time I'm in SLC.

Room Tip: since parking is all around back, I'd ask for a room near the back door for easy loading and unl...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for choosing us for your stay during Comic Con! We hope to see you in September for the next one.
San Francisco
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Have I ever given five stars to a Comfort Inn? I don't think so. But, this one was in a perfect location downtown, walking distance to lots of restaurants. The rooms were very well outfitted, and the beds were super comfy. And, all this only cost us $100. Can't beat that.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rhopelain
Hello Great Surprise-
I am very glad we could offer you great accommodations at a great price. We would love to have you stay with us again when in town !