“Very nice place”

Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Elk Grove, California
“Very nice place”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Staff is very nice and helpful. It's great to be able to use the university shuttle (M-F) to get down to campus.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Clean, good smelling, microwave, refrigerator, nice staff, in the middle of campus and quiet!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the stairwells.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Frisco, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The hotel is being updated with new furniture, carpet, and tv,s. They are having another wing with rooms built. The staff have always been polite and the rooms are nice in size and always clean. The price of the rooms are economical but not cheap. I have stayed about every week Monday to Thursday since October and plan on staying there for another six month for work.Make reservations early in advance since the hotel occasionally fills up. Only thing I think they need is more pillow options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We always stay at the Guest House when we have to come to Salt Lake for medical reasons. My husband has to go to both the University of Utah Medical Center and to the VA Hospital and we have found this to be the most centrally located and pleasant place to stay. They have always been able to meet our needs and the rooms are clean and delightful. They are currently doing some major remodeling, but this was only a minor inconvenience for us. There was some dust in the room -- which is really unusual. We did not hear any noise, nor were we disturbed by any of the workers.

Room Tip: Be sure to mention to the reservations person if you have special needs. We need a handicapped acce...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dorothy G
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We first discovered the University Guest House in October 2008 when my daughter was admitted to Primary Children's Medical Center and we chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the hospital. In the last three years, we have stayed here probably a dozen times and have always experienced such great hospitality. The front desk staff are very helpful and accomodating. The continental breakfast has always been great. The rooms have been exceptionally clean, which is important to us since we have two small kiddos, and the beds and pillows are so comfortable. And, the prices are super reasonable for the quality.

I can't say enough good things about this place. It is cozy and it definitely feels like a home away from home. On one occasion we booked a room at a hotel with a pool for the kids and all I kept thinking while we were there was, "I wish we were at the Guest House."

• Stayed December 2011
New Carlisle, Ohio
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I usually stay at another hotel but was booked into this one by the folks I was working with this week. The location was great (near campus, medical center, train line) and the hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. It's undergoing an upgrade and it's time since it's starting to show its age but I'd stay there again. Was on the 3rd floor to lessen noise but would definitely ask for a room further away from the trains next time. It might not bother most people but I woke up many times as the train brakes squeaked. No blaring train horns but enough to wake this very light sleeper......

Room Tip: Top floor and away from the train station.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Buhl, Idaho
Reviewed 24 November 2011

After I checked in, I turned the corner to walk to the elevator and had to step over several cords and large blaring fans. I thought , "I'm so glad to be on the 2nd floor". When the elevator doors opened, again I am met with cords and blaring fans all the way to my room. I dropped off my things and left to go back to the hospital hoping that this situation would be cleaned up upon my return. I came back at 8:45 p.m. Still cords and fans. Went to my room after turning off the two fans outside my room. Didn't sleep a wink all night. Checked out the next day. No one ever said a word about situation, nor an apology, or a discount for my inconvenience :-(

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
I apologize for the cords and fans in the halls during your stay with us. We did have a broken water pipe on the 2nd floor. We solicited a clean up company to assist in getting the hotel back to normal as soon as possible.

The repairs have been completed. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are planning a trip back to the hospital. I will make sure we make up for the inconvenience.

Perry Hacker