“Friendly and accommodating staff”

University Guest House & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Elk Grove, California
“Friendly and accommodating staff”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Guest House is always clean and well-run. The friendly staff has yet to be unable to answer a question of mine. The hot breakfast is good and plentiful. I won't stay anywhere else in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our staff pride themselves on being friendly and knowledgeable. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We are always looking for the best quality items to enhance this amenity.

Perry Hacker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Reviewed 4 September 2012

A very positive experience. The property was very well maintained and the staff were friendly and helpful. I did become slightly confused with why I could not get the lights to come on upon waking up in the am,
but I eventually figured it out. I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your great review. We do have energy saving switches in all the rooms and sometimes they get flipped off. This can be confusing in the morning. I am glad you were able to figure out how to get the lights back on.

Perry
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We discovered the Guest House while our daughter was a student at the U, and have had nothing but good things to say about it! For so many review sites, the "star" system only tells you what amenities are offered, not how clean & well run a facility is. The Guest House doesn't have a pool, restaurant, or bar, but if what you're looking for is a nice, clean & courteous place for lodging & breakfast, this is IT.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kim P,

Thank you for your great review and your comments about our facility. While building a pool is out of reach at this time, we now offer complimentary pool passes to two local recreation facilities with indoor and outdoor pools as well as one with an ice skating rink, just a few minutes by shuttle. Next time you are visiting, feel free to take advantage of this new amenity.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have been to Salt Lake City twice in the past couple of months for meetings at the VA hospital. The first visit I stayed at the Marriott, what a disappointment. Many services not available, Staff not very helpful, seemed like they were planning changes that hadn't taken place yet so no concierge, no one could make follow-up registration and people at front desk not knowledgable about the area.
University Guest House was fabulous. The place is beautiful, roomy, with the amenities I wanted for a week stay. The lobby and dining area were nice, not only for breakfast, but to study, eat take out food or just relax. The desk staff were so helpful. I will never stay anywhere else in Salt Lake City unless no rooms available. highly recommended

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
PatriciaB,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you had a great stay. We work daily to ensure the Guest House provides the servcies and ambience for our guests to relax and not only enjoy interactions with our staff but to feel comfortable in our facilities. We strive to provide the best service and amenities anywhere at a great value.

Thaks again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

If I can do anything for you feel free to contact me directly at 801-587-1000.

phacker@universityguesthouse.com
Springdale, Utah
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The existence of the University Guest House was a well-kept secret, but we are very happy that we are now "in on it"! We have a daughter at Westminster College which is just down the road, as well as other family living in SLC. The U. Guest House is a wonderful location for our needs, and the price is right. I was unable to find this Hotel on the regular hotel search engines, but I'm very happy I found it on TripAdvisor...clean, quiet, beautiful location, super breakfast, very friendly front desk staff. On TripAdvisor there was a discount code mentioned that would get us a free upgrade to a King Deluxe room, but I was unable to get this code to work properly. No problem! I mentioned the non-working code in the comments box when I made my reservation, and they gave me the upgrade, no hassle, no grief. We WILL be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I a glad you enjoyed the Guest House and hope your daughters move in went off without a hitch. Fall college move in is always a great time for us and I'm glad we could be part of yours. Thanks for the feedback about the upgrade code. I'll check into the issue, however, I'm glad to see the staff took care of your request in the comments.

I hope we get to see you again when you come visit your daughter in the future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The hotel is really convenient for visiting the University of Utah but is some distance from downtown, although the tram stop is only a few minutes away. Nice spacious rooms, friendly staff and small shop for forgotten essentials. The breakfast buffet is basic but there is coffee and tea available all day.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Sarah2JB,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities during your visit to campus. We hope to see you again when you are back at the U or in Salt Lake City

Go Utes!

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We loved The Guest House so much we added another night on to our stay! The wonderful, positive, helpful staff made us feel so welcome and relaxed. They all had a warm smile and genuine desire to accommodate our requests.

The facility is impeccably clean and the breakfasts are fresh and delicious.

We will be back many times.

Room Tip: We were on the south side of the building on the third floor, which afforded a wonderful view of For...