We were in Salt Lake to see a play at the Pioneer Theater on campus so the Guest House was a good choice. It's about a 10 minute walk from the light rail line. After arriving we discovered there is a hotel shuttle which we used to take us home from the theater and to a light rail stop the next morning. The drivers and other hotel staff were terrific, ready to answer all questions. Rooms were spacious and had good reading lights, comfortable beds and very clean.
The Salt Lake light rail system is wonderful. We took it from airport to Guest House stop for senior rate of $1.50 each with one line change and noticed that it went thru the heart of downtown and Tabernacle Square so used it again the next day for some sightseeing and return to airport. Cars come every 15 minutes so we saved a bunch on taxi fares.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 180-room hotel features spectacular views of the Salt Lake Valley and the surrounding University of Utah campus. Its proximity to both a TRAX train station and a campus shuttle stop allows you to explore both campus and Salt Lake City easily. Add affordable, comfortable rooms with fantastic amenities and you’ll understand why visitors love the Guest House. Our amenities include complimentary hot breakfast and wireless internet, complimentary local shuttle, state of the art fitness room and 30,000 sq ft of conference space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your University Guest House & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- University Guest House Hotel Salt Lake City
- University Guest House And Conference Center
- University Guest House & Conference Center Salt Lake City, North America