“Unusual and special!”
Review of Frida Bistro

Frida Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Frida Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 1,443 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: 900 South Trax Station is 4 blocks from the restaurant.
Description: A place for people who love fresh new high end Latin Cuisine & interesting, innovative wines in a hip relaxed atmosphere. Join us in our art-filled restaurant and explore Mexican Cuisine in a whole new way!
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Not a burrito or taco on the menu! This rather expensive restaurant, tucked into a rundown warehouse neighborhood, serves art on a plate. We had poblamo chili peppers stuffed with pulled meat, mango, and wonderful flavors, topped with pomegranet. It was served with grilled asperagus and rice. I honestly think this was the best meal I have ever eaten. The waiter was very knowledgeable and made excellent suggestions. I would recommend this place to couples for a special experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went last night, June 20. The pistachio coated seabass was the best seabass I've ever had. My companions were likewise impressed with theirs. They were pretty busy, so service was a tiny bit slow, but we weren't in a hurry.

We really enjoy this place.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

While the service was good, the food itself was nothing to shout about. I had carne asada tacos and the meat was luke warm, almost as if it had been prepared and then just left sitting out for a while before it was brought out to me.

I do not think I would go there again, the hype didn't match the food.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'd eaten here at catered events, and enjoyed the food, but hadn't gone as a regular diner. We went for my birthday lunch with an out-of-town family member.

Each of us had a different entree, and all of us were generally very pleased. The visual presentation of the food was excellent, in one case outdoing the flavor (the salmon). I had the Camarones Diego, and loved the flavor. The shrimp were nicely cooked, and not overdone, and the sauce offered a nice spicy finish.

Our son had the Sea Bass tacos, and loved every bite. The chicken entree was savored. The only moderate complaint was the beautiful sauce for the salmon didn't have the "kick" my husband prefers. But the salmon was nicely prepared, and was the prettiest presentation.

The calamari appetizer was very good; unusual in the blue corn dust in the coating. The aioli dressing for it very nice.

Our server was great, and my margarita good as well.

It's a keeper for us. A little pricier than we usually do for lunch, but I'd not hesitate to take a client there. Our son says he'll go back for date night, and thinks it's fine for a nicer dinner out.

This isn't typical, gooey, cheesy mexican food. The flavors are more sophisticated, and the combinations eclectic and different.

The prices reflect the style, and the growing reputation of the restaurant.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We ate at Frda Bistro during a recent Summit in Salt lake City and it was a very disappointing experience. They had ample time to gear up staff for the evening we were there - an evening for all summit delegates to enjoy quisine of Salt Lake while we were in town - but the service was very slow and poor and the food was not what we expected from a Mexican restaurant, nor was it enjoyable. I had the Pork Knuckle and it was exceptionally tough.