“Loved it.”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Had just a simple waffle after some employee recommendations and loved it. Looked somewhat small but it was filling and I couldn't finish it all. Really cute location and loved sitting outside.

There are newer reviews for Bruges Waffles & Frites

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here and what a treat.
Have lived in Belgium and made us feel as though we were back.
The frites & waffles were great--definately worth a visit!!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We popped in for a quick dinner with our two grandkids. We split two burger baskets with fries and two dessert waffles. The burgers were good, with thin crispy onion rings & BBQ sauce on top, but the dessert waffles were the star of the show. We ordered one with Belgian chocolate inside and one smothered in strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Both were excellent. This is a tiny place with only a few outdoor tables, so be prepared to walk across the street to the park if a table is not available.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had to make the stop here as it was so close to our hotel
and one of our friends had seen it on TV. All outdoor seating, with only a few counter seats inside.
Torpedo waffles with chocolate inside – but I thought it was too sweet a chocolate
Machine Gun sandwich – a bit much with the sauce.
We liked the various mayos for dipping fries. The Afterburner was very good!
It was a nice little stop but we will likely pass the next time, but I would recommend trying it once. Not a bad place, not just my kind of breakfast/sweet foods.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I went with a friend as I heard quite a bit about the place. We ordered the Flemish Stew. It was good, but too heavy on this hot day. I wanted to order one of the chocolate filled waffles, but the stew was so filling I didn't get it. The service was OK. One counter person was very helpful, the other a bit annoying--if you want to win customers, don't talk down to them. If I ask a question about seating, it's because I don't know, so please answer my question appropriately. Luckily, the other counter guy knew his coworker was annoying and compensated--I would have walked out otherwise. Anyway, the frites were really good. The Flemish stew itself was good, but nothing extraordinary.
They have canned Italian sodas to drink and tap water in a dispenser by the exit.
It's just a little walk-up joint with little seating outside the restaurant (and apparently seating on the roof), but I would go again. Maybe next time I'll skip the stew and go straight to a dessert waffle.