“Nice, Clean, Basic Hotel Downtown.”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Bozeman, Montana
“Nice, Clean, Basic Hotel Downtown.”
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We were just passing through on our way home and wanted to stay downtown Salt Lake City as we had never visited it before. The Radisson worked out perfectly for us. It is located right downtown and close to everything. Parking is easy and secure underground with access to the lobby from the elevator. Lots of parking too. The lobby is beautiful with its black marble fireplace and candelabra lighting. Check in was quick and easy, but I have to say that the front desk clerks weren't as friendly as I would have hoped. It was hard to even get a smile out of them. They did their job though so I can't complain that anything was messed up. We did receive a message in our room when we got back later in the evening saying they were just checking to make sure everything was satisfactory. That was a nice touch and made us feel welcomed. We were given room 1502 on the top floor with a spectacular view of the city and surrounding areas. The room was an adequate size with two double beds, a nice desk and chair, an arm chair, and a basic tv in the cabinet. The bathroom was decent and had a complimentary bottle of water and a nice shower head. Towels were nice and fluffy too! This was our first time sleeping on a SleepNumber bed and they were just OK. Not the best sleep I've had but not terrible. The only complaint I had with the room was the strong musty smell from the moment we entered he room. It may have been from the AC but not sure. Wifi worked great. Pool, hot tub, and sauna is located on the second floor with a large fitness room surrounding it. Pool was small but warm, but there were some nice lounge chairs surrounding it. We didn't get a chance to try the restaurant on property but I did get a chai in their espresso area in the morning. Again the lady wasn't overly friendly but oh well, not a big deal. Overall our stay was fine and perfect for what we needed. The hotel is STARTING to show it's age with normal wear and tear, but they are still doing a decent job in keeping it up. Is the hotel overly fancy? No. It is just a clean, basic hotel downtown. If you want something more elaborate, check out the Marriott City Center or even the Grand America. We will certainly consider it again on our next stay.

• Stayed August 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Airplanes, boats & trains
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I was little concerned reading some of the prior reviews when I found out this was where I'd be staying... but, at the price I named on PL I'm happy ($35/night).
The hotel is a pretty good location for SLC depending upon what you want to do - close to Temple Square, shopping, and if there were an event going on at convention center or arena, it would be really handy (and then I'm sure you wouldn't be able to name such a low price).
I did rent a car - and glad I did - but the parking here is pretty expensive.

My room was very nice size and adequately furnished. The bed was comfortable. Nice desk and no issues with Internet access.

I did have a lack of hot water 1 night, but not others.

Carpet was really really badly stained - wow.
I did appreciate a thermostat that actually controlled the room temperature - but still have hard time understanding why some properties/housekeeping insist on turning the AC down to 70 or below while you're out --- crank up the carbon emissions, waste energy....

For 3 out of 4 nights I had no noise problems at all. The last night, new guests on the floor made me realize that the soundproofing (door and walls) isn't as good as I'd like.

So, basically I thought the property was decent, average, nothing special, but for the price I paid, it was very good value and prompted me to give it a higher rating than if I paid rack rate.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Used it only for sleeping, out all day on business meetings.
Great 3-dish breakfast, (yogurth, fruit and granola) it was a huge serving...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2009

This is a tough review to write. It's tough because there is really nothing to say.
This hotel is nothing just average, average, average. I'ts not bad, it's not great. It's one of those hotels that you can easily forget a week later.

If you have ever stayed at a "couple decade old" downtown boxy business-type hotel, you have already stayed here!!

The rest of the reviews below mine, do a good job of summing everything up. Just don't expect any charm. Oh, but if you like the Sleep Number beds, they do offer those!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Bangalore
Reviewed 8 November 2008

The location is excellent, however you may have to walk close to 3 miles at 400 s, to get Indian food, as the hotel has very little options.
The rooms are good with sleep numbers, however they (hotel)should provide Microwave oven & fridge, which is not there, it would benifit for vegans like me who can warm processed greens for meals.
I must mention the front desk reps are very helpfull.

• Liked — Sleep beds
  • Disliked — There was electrical static which I use feel once I touch appliances all the time
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2008

I've stayed at this hotel when it was a Wyndham and a Prime Hotel. Radisson has cleaned it up and seems to have better quality control. The rooms were good with a refrigerator. The beds have these funky contols for hardness -- I was not excited about them.

The hotel was overbooked and some in our group had a problem and ended up sleeping on roll out beds -- not good.

The restaurant is okay. The location is ideal for downtown convention center activities and walking distance to plenty of good restaurants.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Over Crowded
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Sherwood Park
Reviewed 8 August 2008

After reading the reviews on here I decided to give this hotel a chance. Bad idea.The list of problems is far to long but I will include a few. My credit card was charged twice and I have had no reponse from the hotel in 4 days, one day we returned to see our pillows on the floor after housekeeping had cleaned our room, another day we had no washclothes, our telephone was blocked and they had to send maintenance at 11pm just to have him phone the front desk and ask them to unblock our phone, the internet keyboard did not work and we were told there was nothing they could do, our airconditioner had a very loud rattle which no one ever cam to fix, our key cards were cancelled claiming there was no cc on file ( I booked over the internet so I know that was not true), the front desk was very rude. On the plus side the staff in the restaurant were amazing. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I was prepared to overlook all the problems until I got home and checked my credit card statement. I sent an email to the hotel 4 days ago and I have heard no response. NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Liked — Close to conference center
  • Disliked — everything else!!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business