“Better than expected”

Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was greeted by a friendly, pleasant staff upon check in. This is a large hotel and I had to walk a bit to get to my room. I stayed in a first floor room that was spacious and clean with standard appointments. I had heartburn and went to the restaurant to get some milk. The gentlemen that greeted me at the restaurant directed me to a nearby convenience store and said it would be cheaper to get milk there. I was grateful for his suggestion. I returned to the restaurant for a filling breakfast in the morning. This hotel is also within walking distance to an excellent restaurant called R&R Barbecue. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Hotels2ndhome,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near the SLC airport and in the middle of things in town. The room was quite good, especially with a very modern and spotless bathroom that made things very comfortable. I was on a business trip and came in late and had to get up really early and see a customer and I was really happy with the spacious and nice room and good service. I indicated that I needed breakfast delivered between a small window of time very early in the morning and they came like clockwork with hot and fresh breakfast exactly as I specified. Nice job, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear TripShawn,

We are happy you stayed with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we'll look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this property in May, for a weekend. I would like to name front desk staffs Hayden and Austina for their great service. I encounter some problem printing my document out of the printer at the hotel, and it was 1 am, they both helped out with patience and warm smiles.
I also want to name Sam at club lounge, she maintain a high standard of service even when the lounge was packed with people.
I had a great stay with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jefferson L

Dear Jefferson L,

I appreciate the recognition of our associates and the great customer service they provide. I will be sure to share this feedback to them. It will make their day.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Not the best value in Salt Lake City, but at $93/night decent price. If you have access to the Club Lounge, TC will keep you entertained with a good selection of food, and, surprisingly, an open bar. We also like that it is walking distance to Temple Square. Upgraded room was spacious, tidy, and comfortable. Next time, we will stay more than one night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear pfefmeister,

Thank you for the review, we also feel that we have the best Club Lounge in the city and it's great service from TC that makes all the difference.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had read the reviews for this hotel after booking through Priceline and based on the reviews from other Priceline customers, I was worried that the hotel was going to be awful. Thankfully, I was SO wrong! I thought I would refute some of the negative reviews with my own very positive one!

Maintenance was one of the common complaints about this hotel. There were a couple of spots in the hallway where the wallpaper was peeling, as well as some scuff marks. I would guess they came from either luggage or maid carts bumping the walls-this is not a big deal in my book and did not detract from the overall condition of the hotel. There was an issue with the sliding glass door in our room, it was very hard to open, but I did notify the staff upon checking out. Ok, people, if you don't tell anyone there is a problem, you can't complain about things not being fixed! Again, did not affect my rating whatsoever. These are minor, minor issues.

Cleanliness-let me tell you, when I walked into the hallway, there was no stale smell, no funkiness or mildew, just fresh clean scent. Floors were vacuumed and our room was immaculate. I am a very picky person when it comes to bedding-yes, I actually smell the sheets and comforters to make sure they are clean, and they were fresh, clean and white. In fact, I had major guilt because I just had my hair colored and the color bled on the nice white linens! Sorry, housekeeping staff!

Staff-many people complained about the staff treating them poorly or being jerks, but I am glad to say that was not my experience at all. The check-in person (whose name I cannot recall, young man with an accent that may have been Australian!) was kind and polite, and check in was a breeze. I think maybe sometime people act like hotel staff are slaves and are therefor invisible-but my experience with all the staff members I dealt with was wonderful.

Rooms-Many people complained about the parking and room choices, accusing the staff at the Sheraton of reserving the worst rooms for people who book through Priceline. The reality is that a priceline room is based on availability. People who are willing to pay full price are obviously getting the better rooms. This makes complete sense to me, and I am always simply grateful to have a room and a bed! The rooms we got was much more than a bed-as I said, clean and comfortable, with the best view of the lovely courtyard! My only complaint about anything in the room is that the lights above the bed are bright white-I prefer a yellow light, but that is a matter of personal preference, not an actual complaint.

Parking/Neighborhood-I refute the claims that this property is unsafe or that the parking area in the back makes guests feel unsafe. One, there are several different entrances on each side of the building, making it easy to find a place to park in the well-lit parking lot! AS for the safety of the grounds, I did not see anything at all that made me feel unsafe. I think the claims people had of homeless people urinating on their window are fabrications.

There were many other things I wanted to address but this is already way too long. I will end by saying that the very few cosmetic issues did not lower the rating for me. I would suggest that anyone looking for a great place to stay the night, in an excellent location, would do well to stay here. We will definitely be returning to this place in the future!

Room Tip: Inside rooms on the lower level (s) have a great view of the courtyard, which is gorgeous!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hesklj

Dear hesklj,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review of the hotel. Thank you and I hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have seen some of the negative reviews on this hotel but I had a great time and experience at this hotel. It started from the time when I landed and called them for a shuttle and continued until the end when I was dropped off at the Airport. When I landed, I called the hotel and I was told that the shuttle would be there in 7 minutes and it showed up just about 7 minutes later. The driver was professional and prompt. When arriving at the checkin counter, I was given my room key within two minutes. The checkin was smooth. Upon arrival at the room, I noticed that it was standard room as it was on the SPG section or anything and yet the room was spacious and organized. Later that day, I asked if I could be dropped off at a different nearby hotel for a meeting and I was accommodated. I was also picked up after I called the hotel to be brought back. No problems there. In the following day, the checkout was efficient and I was brought right to the terminal to find out that my flight was cancelled (not their fault). Otherwise, I think the location is nearby all the stores and amenities and in the middle of the downtown area. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: I think it is not a huge hotel and most of the rooms are clean and are in good shape.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr_Universal,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our bell staff is great in accommodating our guests' needs and I'm happy you experienced this.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our trip was delayed and so had to find a room at the last minute. SLC was pretty oversold so we had to take what we could get--The Sheraton. We paid $255 for the room. $150 would have been reasonable. Ok hotel, but not for what we paid. Two lights in the room didn't work and it was pretty street-noisy from the second floor. If you have to stay there, ask for a high room.
I didn't get to test any other services. They do have a Starbucks in lobby which at least started my day well.
The front desk clerk or manager offered to give me a cert or breakfast for the lighting inconvenience--good move--but we had to leave and no intention of returning.
Again, not too bad, but not worth $255--My review would have probably been different.

Room Tip: Choose high
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear ZLOfan,

I appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. We hope you will give our hotel another try the next time you are in Salt Lake City to take advantage of all our services and amenities.