“Stay at the tower, use the free shuttle”

Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights during business. Originally I was put in the non-tower portion of the hotel on the northern end. This area has the option to combine rooms with a shared door which would be useful if you are traveling a family but was too noisy for me (I think the guys next door were doing calisthenics or something all evening). I moved to the 5th floor of the tower and this room was quiet.

The shower on the 5th floor room had issues with hot water. Overall, this hotel is ok, paid ~130 for the room which is a decent rate but probably the most I'd be willing to pay again. One nice thing is that there is a free hotel shuttle (which isn't too common for a downtown hotel) which worked very well for my needs and I arrived around 11:30 pm and left the hotel at 5:30am...there is also ample parking. Beware that a walk to most of the downtown attraction is probably around 20 minutes and that the south side of Salt Lake is kind of sketchy.

If you are a runner, run to City Canyon which is around 1.5 miles away and you can run up the canyon (don't be deceived by the term canyon, its uphill) for 5+ miles.

Room Tip: Tower, as high as possible
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joey S
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Joey S,

Thank you for being our guest and we appreicate your review and feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary airport shuttle. Our guests certainly love this feature!

Director of Sales & Marketing

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here 16 July - 19 July 2014. Had a double bed room on the 10th floor, the club level. The A/C was not working, contacted the front desk. The maintenance man came to look at the A/C, and stated it was not working properly. He contacted the front desk and we were moved to a room on the 9th floor. This next room was smaller than the 10th floor room, however the A/C was working properly. The rub was oval-ish shaped, larger than our 1st room tub. The view we had was looking out onto the main street in front of the hotel. You could hear the sirens or loud trucks very well even up on the 9th floor. The room was nice, bed was soft. The toilet paper holder kept coming off - it was missing a screw and wouldn't stay on. The shower head I could never get to move for different massage / power levels. The club level breakfast area was ok. It was a bit on the small size for the amount of people who were eating in their daily. We had to share tables with other hotel guests. The breakfast server was more on the grouchy side. She questioned people who had access to enter why they were in there. Their key let them in I wanted to tell her. There was eggs, bagels, bread, cereal, coffee, and a cappuccino machine, which the breakfast attendant guarded like a her own baby. If you used it, it was your fault you broke it, or made it hiss. The last day, 19 July, we were taking luggage down to the car, on several trips, and the housekeeper left her cart in the middle of the hallway. We asked her to move this, and she didn't understand English enough to move the cart. On the last trip we said we were not down in the room, and we had not checked out of the hotel as of yet. When we got back into the room, she had the beds stripped and the towels from the bathroom gone. We still needed to put on makeup, and do other bathroom things, and she basically took over our room. We then checked out of the hotel and used the bathroom in the lobby to complete things. I did fill rushed that last day trying to keep out of her way, after we were left room less. The front desk staff was nice and pleasing to talk with.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Heather629,

Thank you for being our guest and I'm grateful to have your feedback on the Sheraton Club. It sounds like some additional training is needed and we'll review internally. I apologize that our staff made you feel rushed, that's not acceptable on our part.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for an overnight on a business trip. Conveniently located downtown and very close to the SLC airport. Stayed on the Club Floor with privileges to the club lounge. The lounge was OK – but the hostess was very surly. They had scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bread, pastries, etc. The parking was convenient. Nothing special about this hotel – but nothing bad either. The rate that I got was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear SandraBaja,

Thank you for being our guest and I appreciate the feedback on our Sheraton Club.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Attended trade show and stayed at hotel for week. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, club room was fabulous hosted by an amazing staff, restaurant food was good and location to downtown and restaurants was in walking distance with many great choices.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear ChristineMeier8,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the compliments on our staff and hotel!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I don't have anything terrible or anything amazing to say about this place- definitely not a 4 star hotel to me. The room was fine but nothing special. Lobby was nice. I thought the whole hotel smelt a little off. Old building. We had a view of the parking lot. They probably put us in their "priceline wing" if there is such a thing- bc we got a great deal on Priceline, which is what made the hotel worth it for us. If we had paid full price, I would have checked out and stayed somewhere newer and nicer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Courtney G,

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was quite nice but it could do better in just a couple of ways. The pool area was wonderful and the temperature was great. The TV had only a couple of digital channels and the others were not so clear to watch. It also could have used a fridge in the room. The carpet was getting a bit tired too. Four star hotels could do better than that. There's no question that I would stay there again but I think that they could do a bit better for it's star rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear PAR1BC,

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. You may be interested to know that we are upgrading our TV channels and will have much more quality HD channels for our guests!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I loved staying at the Sheraton--my room was fabulous (spacious, quiet, well appointed) and the location was super convenient. What I didn't care for was the curled lips of the men who assisted me at the reception desk, both when I checked in and then again when I checked out. Each time I expressed a legitimate need and each time I was left feeling curiously inferior.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank navkaren

Dear navkaren,

Thank you for being our guest and I'm truly sorry for your experience at the front desk. I will ask them to review your feedback.