“Reasonable room, poor service”

Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Reservations here for a work conference. Arrived at 10:45pm - they had no record of my reservation. "Wake up the person in charge of this." "But... it's 10:45!" "And where would you like me to sleep?!"

Had to stay elsewhere the first night, but did get in for the final two days. Room was reasonable enough, but the "green" offering is disregarded by the cleaning staff (clean towels instead of reusing, etc).

The hotel is rather maze-like and the room was missing the information binder (like where the fitness center is located). Only a room-service menu on the desk.

The balcony was small and looked out onto 5th South. It's a busy street with a poor weatherstripping on the glass door; I'm glad I brought my earplugs.

The food for our workshop was very good; they catered well to my dietary needs.

A fair motel with poor reservation and front desk service. If you have an option, look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear MontyClan,

I appreciate hearing about your experience and I'm truly sorry for what happened. We would appreciate an opportunity to make this right. Please contact me directly the next time you visit our hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Room and hotel were clean. The room was a bit outdated-definitely needed a renovation. Beautiful views though. I had a king room on the club floor.
The staff and service were amazing. Very helpful and friendly. They really made my stay lovely. Thanks so
much. :)

Stayed: August 2014

Dear carmacharmeleon,

Thank you for the compliment about our staff! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel had a rather large check in line and took about 30 minutes to check in. About ten minutes in a manager came around and handed out bottles of water. When we got to the front desk we were greeted by Vanessa (New York). She was very kind with our request and recommended great places to visit and eat, all were spot on. The beds were super comfy and rooms were nice. Our A/C had an issue and we requested maintenance, room never really
cooled. Also there were only a couple electrical sockets to plug in electronic devices, not enough for all in double bed room.

Room Tip: We were in 402..beds and pillows were great. Had a street view...even side opposite end probably has...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear JCtraveler05,

I'm sorry about the check-in line on the day of your arrival. Thank you for compliment about Vanessa and I'll be sure to share your comment to her.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed her for 3 nights while my wife was at a convention. Very clean, comfortable hotel in the downtown area and only 10-15 minutes from the airport. Good food in the hotel, but many good dining establishments within easy walking distance. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pat M,

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor and I'm glad you enjoyed participating in our "Make A Green Choice" program!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here on 7/5/14. I used points, so the room was free.
Our room had 2 double beds, but obviously was made for 1 king as the door hit bed # 1 when opened. The bathroom was nice and roomy. The beds were comfortable. The rooms was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, a great place, just not our specific room. Could be because it was free. One negative: no outlets to charge our devices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Heathbul,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed the comfort of our famous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Would recommend staying here!!! Very close to the airport, free parking, close to restaurants and downtown. We began our trip here before moving on. Definitely worth the money. Clean room and bathroom. They have a Starbucks right in the hotel, but they close early, only complaint!!! lol Very nice hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear C L,

Thank you for the compliments!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Super friendly staff. They will shuttle you around town, or they are close to light rail. Nice lobby. Nice executive lounge with complimentary drinks in the evening.

Only negative (really, just a goofy thing). They have the large packets of Starbucks for in room coffee (thank you!) BUT the coffee pot is one of those little ones that take the tiny pods. There is NO way to brew the coffee without making a horrible mess and you still get more coffee on the floor than in the cup. I used 2 towels to clean up and left an apology to housecleaning. When I mentioned it at checkout, the desk clerk said "yes, I've heard that those really don't fit and it is quite the mess".....REALLY,? How does something like this continue? I would think housekeeping would have said something to management. Please replace the coffee makers with the larger versions. (Dont switch to those little pods - they are awful).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear milklady58,

Thank you for the compliment on our staff and I sincerely appreciate hearing from you about the in room coffee makers! These comments are important to us!