“Great Location, Pleasant Vibe and Rennovation Really Shows” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Location, Pleasant Vibe and Rennovation Really Shows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton in Salt Lake City and although the stay was short, I observed enough to say that this is a great property (all outward appearances to the contrary)!

Starwood recently invested millions upon millions into improving this hotel and it really shows. The carpet, the furniture, the bathroom fixtures, the decor; it's all still shiny and new. The room was very well cleaned, the view of the city was great (I was on the 8th floor), and although the chair between the bed and the balcony was squeezed in and seemed unnecessary, hey, more sitting options are better than fewer! The TV in the room was huge and made for great entertainment. The beds were unbelievably comfortable! I haven't slept that well in a long time.

The staff is friendly and unpretentious, always smiling and quick with advice. I arrived very, very late and was assisted by an exceptionally friendly front desk agent named Shane who had everything ready for me and had my arrival completed in no time.

The lobby is spacious and the "Link" computer terminals are very useful. That was my favorite part of the hotel. It was a great space in which to relax and I actually got some work done, much to my surprise.

The location is walkable to downtown (about 3 blocks south) and only 2 blocks from great restaurants.

Don't let the old-looking exterior fool you: this hotel is a great place and the real deal. It would be best suited for business travelers, families, solo travelers and groups. Probably not where you'd want to spend your honeymoon, but that just means it's designed with a different traveler in mind. What they aim to be, they succeed at!

I'd stay again, for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Robolo64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

Our experience at the Sheraton was just OK. The hotel is, as others have described it, a maze. It wasn't hard to find our room coming in a back door from the parking lot, but to find the lobby from our room was a challenge.

Our room was large and the bathroom was nice. The air conditioning unit was noisy, but we were able to sleep. I was grateful for the free computers in the lobby.

My frustration with the hotel started when I called from an hour away to get directions. I was put on hold three times with an extended wait, so I needed to call back a number of times. We asked for directions from the north, but the front desk clerk gave us directions from the south. The exit numbers along I-15 are different depending on the direction you come from. So we landed up going about 10 miles south of downtown looking for an exit that didn't exist. We arrived at the hotel around 10:00 p.m. and we hadn't eaten yet. Fortunately the other desk clerk on duty (very nice and competent) worked with the concierge to find us a restaurant to walk to.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

due to train delay we were late arriving.so our time was limited .when the concierge found out our time was short he offered to take us on sightseeing tour of the city.also front desk staff arranged to get us to the station to catch the train for the next stage of our journey even though it was late at night.hotel was in great location but it was the staff that made our stay memorable.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

This property has been renovated recently and shows it. The lobby is spacious and well-kept, with lots of comfortable seating (and free wi-fi for guests). Rooms are big enough, well furnished and the housekeeping is first-rate. There's a good-sized swimming pool. Nice, upscale restaurant in the hotel, as well as a friendly bar with very good bar food. Starbucks right off the lobby. About a 15-minute walk to Temple Square, the Convention Center and the downtown business district.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bill1766
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

This is a very comfortable hotel - extremely clean and spacious rooms. We had one with a king size bed, sitting area and a balcony. Good spacious bathroom too. It's good for visiting Temple Square (about a 20 min walk) and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
My only gripe with this hotel is the extremely noisy air/con fan system in the room, which I couldn't see how to turn off without turning off the air/con too. This woke me up during the night.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Zanesville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

Positives were very nice property and location. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Negatives were no coffee available in the mornings due to a Starbucks in the lobby which may be better for some, couldn't get internet access in the lobby without a charge as the book said you could and the hottub was warm without the jets working. I would still stay there again and overall a thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This place is a gem! I found a great pre-pay price on the internet, and it was well worth it. It was our last night in SLC, and unfortunately I had to get up early to fly the next day.

The bedding was heavenly--white cotton comforters and pillows that swallowed you up.

The desk clerks were amazingly friendly and helpful. However, we didn't realize that wireless in the lobby on your own computer has 2 networks--if you use one you have to pay $10, the other is free. I made the mistake, but the clerk said he would take it off my bill.

There are free internet terminals in the lobby (though the printer was broken and we couldn't print out our boarding passes) and a free shuttle the airport which leaves every 1/2 hour.

We parked for free in the parking lot, though the ads said you had to pay.

The location can't be beat. I walked up to Temple Square in about 15 minutes.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
The St. Regis Deer Valley
The St. Regis Deer Valley
#13 of 60 in Park City
Salt Lake City Marriott City Center
Salt Lake City Marriott City Cen...
#16 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Hilton Salt Lake City Center
Hilton Salt Lake City Center
#12 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,301 reviews

Been to Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel? Share your experiences!