“It's everything it's supposed to be!”

Grand America Hotel
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Grand America Hotel is the best of the best in Salt Lake City. The facilities are impeccably kept, the service is the best I've experienced and the location is prime. I love this hotel and will stay there again and again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grand America Hotel

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is incredible. I have been staying here for about 5 years now whenever i come to Salt Lake City. Everything about it is top notch. The restaurants, gym, lounges, pool area and service, the spa. Everything! Aside for being beautiful aesthetically, the service is unmatched. This is a true 5-Star property by any definition. It's what every hotel should strive to be. I personally think this is one tier above your average Four Seasons or St Regis.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My friend and I went to Grand America to enjoy their formal tea.
We enjoyed being treated like royalty!
There were 12 different teas to choose from, black, green and herbal, as well as 5 different types of hot cocoa.
We were pleased with the 3 "courses" served to us throughout our experience.
I thought there would be tiny tastes of food, like a snack, but it ended up being more than I could eat for lunch.
I think the funnest part was a weird looking object in a tall wine glass, the steward came over at the beginning and explained that it was a flower. He added very hot water to the glass and we got to watch the flower hydrate and fill the glass. It was cool! It made a green tea that you could drink if you wanted to after it was fully hydrated.
Fun experience.

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
TheGrandAmerica, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Care8875-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is a pleasure to hear you had a wonderful afternoon tea experience. We hope you'll join us again soon! Until then, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Absolutely top notch hotel; staff and service. Very accomodating in every way. Food was great, people friendly and rooms immaculate. Beautiful view of downtown and the mountains. Every Five Star Hotel should be this good!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear tennisbuff1000-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your kind words and will pass them on to our staff. If your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City in the future, we hope to welcome you as our guest once again. Until then, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

For forty years my favorite hotel in Salt Lake City, and one of my favorites in the world, has been the Little America.  It is a unique property, well managed.  I like it so well that, when a new property, the Grand America, opened across the street in 2001, I was not tempted to try it.

However, a year or so ago, I got a text from a friend that I had skied with from the Little America, raving about the Grand America.  So, on a recent trip to Pocatello ID, I decided to treat myself to a night at the Grand on my way to the airport in Salt Lake.

It turned out to be quite a treat.  The Grand America is indeed "grand." It is so grand that, rack my brain as I might, I cannot think of a property to compare it to.  There may be a resort  somewhere that offers the same grandeur.  There may be a boutique with the same quality of management and service.  Perhaps the Grand Hotel at Mackinac might serve a comparable high tea..

The "Grand" and the "Little" are owned by Robert Earl Holding's Grand America Hotels and Resorts.  Holding had been in hospitality for fifty years when he commissioned Frank Nicholson to design the Grand. While they are separately managed, they both aspire to Holding's standard of excellence in hospitality management.

I will spare you all the details and simply tell you, treat yourself to a once in a lifetime night at the Grand America.  You will never forget it, never confuse it with any other hotel.

Room Tip: Not to worry, you cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank whmurray
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is almost out of place as a grandiose white tower on the edge of downtown Salt Lake City. It's a go-to destination for conferences, weddings, charity benefits and other pricey events which means that staff is very prompt and equipped to handle almost any situation with poise. The downsides are distance to anything else worth seeing in Salt Lake City, the size of the hotel (walking end-to-end would take time and patience) and pricing. All in all, if you're here on business, this is a solid option.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The property is immaculate and very beautiful. Everything is very opulent and detail oriented. The service was great and the staff were helpful and friendly. We requested a room high up and on the north end of the hotel and we received the northernmost room on the 16th floor. With floor to ceiling windows we had an amazing view of downtown SLC and the mountains. The layout of the room made it feel very spacious and the bathroom was very clean and big with marble everything and high quality into every corner of the whole room. The King bed was comfortable the only complaint that I can come up with is that the pillows were a bit too stuffed and a bit uncomfortable. I am sure we could have requested different ones and we would have been taken care of immediately, however, I didn't find it necessary. I do feel it was pricey but the service was great and the hotel is by far the best in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear kurtg19-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback! When your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest once again.