1,692 results
All reviewsgarden cafetoy storemacaroonslobby loungeturn down servicegorgeous hotelan executive suiteseparate showersalt lakefive star hotelnicest hotelroom servicemarble bathroomdressing areaoutdoor poolrooms are hugesitting room
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have found myself in Salt Lake at least once a year for the past three years. Each time I have stayed at the Grand America and each time I have been completley wowed. It is a Four Seasons/Ritz experience at a fraction of the price. The last two times I was there I got in late at night but this time I got in earlier and headed out to dinner and came back to find teh lovely turn down service with awesome bed slippers and my robe laid out for me. What a welcome treat after a long business dinner.

The last time I reviewed this place I suggested that some of the furniture needed to be updated but I think I have changed my mind. The furniture style is right in line with this hotel's style. I am surprised to know that this hotel is only ranked #2 in Salt Lake. I can't even think that anything could be better. This is an unofficial love letter of sorts but just thinking about how awesome the bathrooms are is making me look forward to my next trip.

The room service was great too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear meleetyme -

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and the kind words regarding our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.

Regards -

Hotel Staff

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know if you can find a friendlier staff. Very nice rooms. Great ambiance. Very nice pool area. Local law does require you to order food with any alcohol. Can ride train for free to downtown or walk the 5-6 blocks. All is top notch at this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you are looking for "the" luxury hotel in SLC - this is the place. Very much of a Ritz Carlton feel to it. Services in all areas - fantastic. Room service - best I have experienced in a long, long time.

Do yourself a favor and enjoy a great dinner at the Garden Café and then finish it off with a drink at the Gibson Lounge.

The only downside is that for business - you are about a mile or so from the downtown business district of SLC. Not a huge deal as cabs are easy to come by.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for a conference in April. The room was beautiful, very opulent, and it was lovely to return to the room at the end of the day with chocolate and bedtime music for the turn down service. I'd definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Kristin G
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. We found a great deal on the price by purchasing the "21 day advance" package. We got a King Suite for around $200. I would have expected to pay $400-$500 for the room and service we got.

Our room was immaculate, not a speck of dust or a thing out if place. In the evening, the staff came by and did a turndown service for us. They laid out robes, turned down the covers, gave us mints, and provided the next day's weather.

The ambiance of the hotel in general was spectacular. Clearly a 5 diamond hotel. The subtle music in the hallways, the lighting. It all makes you feel like you are in a royal castle.

We'll make this a regular anniversary stop.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank UtahCountyMickey
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear UtahCountyMickey-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Guest feedback is very valuable to us and it is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having locals as our guests and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.