“Lovely hotel after a long trip”

Grand America Hotel
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Lovely hotel after a long trip”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful and a little too formal for my tastes but I give it excellent reviews anyway. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large, comfortable and attractive. The robes and slippers were a welcome luxury after a long trip. The bathroom was outstanding as it included 2 rooms, 2 sinks, separate shower from bath , many mirrors, attractive tile, and separate toilet. There are Attractive restaurants and bars to chose from but we elected to go out for dinner and drinks in downtown Salt Lake which is a short walk away from the hotel entrance. There is also a free streetcar that can take you all along to the main strip to the MormanTemple from the hotel, but it was good to walk the whole way and easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hikergirl260
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Hikergirl260-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Grand with us. We were pleased to hear you had a restful stay after your long trip. Thank you again for your kind remarks and for recommending us so highly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Sonoma,CA
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just got back from a stay in Salt Lake City at the Grand American Hotel, what a grand hotel indead. This property is located just south of the downtown area and is walking distance from any place in the downtown area. The staff was friendly and very helpful, rooms are very large and clean. the only complaint I had was the beds are not as comfortable as I thought they should be. I would highly recvomend this property if your planning on staying in Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back of the hotel, you'll have a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DPMH
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place is centrally located, absolutely gorgeous and perfect in many ways. They fix up the room twice a day and the bathrooms have more marble than I have ever seen. The rooms are impeccably clean. The staff are friendly and they even have cookies and other surprises in the lobby each day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank H9695QYjenniferb
Dear Jennifer B-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Grand America Hotel. We were delighted that the service quality and facility met your expectations and we thank you for such high praise of our property. We will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was getting ready to book a hotel in SLC for a Holiday getaway with my wife and was all set to book at the Little America hotel when my father told me that I had obviously not heard of the new Grande America built for the 2002 Olympics. He was right so I checked it out. I bit more pricey, but we managed to get a very good holiday deal.

We stayed in a Premier Room King. It was beautifully appointed and very roomy. The bed was amazingly comfortable. We had an amazing night's sleep which almost caused us to miss the Breakfast buffet (more later).

The location is central enough that we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go that evening, including Temple Square and our restaurant that night, Bambara. When we got back to the hotel we walked around the grounds for an hour. There were many fun shops and in one lobby a life-size gingerbread house. There was a sign that siad "Help yourself" but we kept our mittens to ourselves.

We finished the evening in a lounge sipping gourmet hot chocolate and lisetening to a young lady playing guitar and singing Christmas songs. Very romantic.

The next morning we availed ourselves of the Breakfast Buffet. I ahve never had a breakfast like this before. The quality was outstanding. I only regret that I had but one stomache to fill! Well worth the price.

Wonderful stay made for a very romantic holiday vacation with my sweet wife.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valnjr1
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Valnjr1-

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your stay at The Grand. As you might imagine, the experiences from our guests play a significant part in our continual effort to enhance the guest's stay. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It's a great pleasure to stay in such a lovely hotel. The rooms are large, very comfortable and extremely well equipped; there's no queueing for lifts as there are at least 6; the main restaurant offers a wide selection of delicious food, and the waiters are attentive and thoughtful. It's easy to get into the centre of the city on the free tram which stops outside the hotel; this was a relief as we had difficulty locating the hotel by car (that probably says more about us than the location of the hotel!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomNorthYorkshire
boston
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have found myself in Salt Lake at least once a year for the past three years. Each time I have stayed at the Grand America and each time I have been completley wowed. It is a Four Seasons/Ritz experience at a fraction of the price. The last two times I was there I got in late at night but this time I got in earlier and headed out to dinner and came back to find teh lovely turn down service with awesome bed slippers and my robe laid out for me. What a welcome treat after a long business dinner.

The last time I reviewed this place I suggested that some of the furniture needed to be updated but I think I have changed my mind. The furniture style is right in line with this hotel's style. I am surprised to know that this hotel is only ranked #2 in Salt Lake. I can't even think that anything could be better. This is an unofficial love letter of sorts but just thinking about how awesome the bathrooms are is making me look forward to my next trip.

The room service was great too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear meleetyme -

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and the kind words regarding our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.

Regards -

Hotel Staff
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know if you can find a friendlier staff. Very nice rooms. Great ambiance. Very nice pool area. Local law does require you to order food with any alcohol. Can ride train for free to downtown or walk the 5-6 blocks. All is top notch at this place.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business