Grand America Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Salt Lake City)
1,611 results
All reviewsgarden cafetoy storemacaroonslobby loungeturn down servicegorgeous hotelan executive suiteseparate showersalt lakeroom servicenicest hotelfive star hotelmarble bathroomdressing areawasatch mountainsrooms are hugeoutdoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I have been all around the world and I can tell you this hotel is up to the highest expectation. Its management is committed to hard work, to maintain flawless this outstanding hotel.

We have stayed 10 nights at this hotel with my family.

Salt Lake City is not on the map of many tourists but if you have a little time and have a girlfriend that you want to surprise I highly recommend Salt Lake city for a 4-5 days visit in this hotel. I can tell you that your girlfriend will be in love with you. Forget New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles and come here for a visit. ( I didn’t say Vegas because it remains a unique place on earth).

This is a highly romantic hotel to be.
If you have a girlfriend that you want to seduce this is the place to take her.
She will not resist you.
I also recommend this place to families.

I think this hotel gives very good discounts.
The hotel was very empty when no convention was taking place.
Shop around and you will be able to find a deal below $250.

The hotel is located close to SLC downtown.
It is easy access from hwy 80 and 15 by car (3-5min straight drive from hwy).
There are many great restaurants 10min drive or walk from the hotel.
We were really stunned by the good cuisine in Salt Lake City.
You can eat for less than $30 like a king in a nice restaurant.

The tramway is free between the hotel and downtown.
In downtown there is an area called "The Gateway" with many good restaurants.
Take the tramway from the hotel to go to the Gateway.

Biaggi's at the Gateway is an Italian restaurant that has an exceptional good cuisine.
I don’t like Italian restaurant but this one was outstanding regarding price and food quality.
If you have a girlfriend to take out this is a place where I would go with her.

Then you have the Happy Sumo sushi restaurant at the Gateway that I recommend for friends having a party.

You have the Z'Tejas Grill at the Gateway where you can have a lunch with friends.

Then don't forget the Applebee`s at the Gateway for families.

At the Gateway you have the Olympics game souvenir place with a nice water play that young kids (2-8 years) old will appreciate during summer.

You can also take State Street (the street where the tramway goes east) where you will find many family oriented restaurants for breakfast or dinner. I would like to recommend a very special Mexican Fast Food called Cafe Rio. They have huge salads like nowhere else. It is a clean place with a lot of people. I think this is the most crowded restaurant that I have seen in SLC. Must to see, but it is not a romantic place. I took a couple of times a salad from the restaurant and took it back to the hotel to eat it on my balcony on the 21st floor !

Let return to the hotel’s description.

Rooms are spacious; the furniture is first class (except the old style TV).
You have free internet access in the rooms working high-speed.
The bathroom is huge and nicely decorated.
The rooms on the higher floors have gorgeous view on the city.
Beds are comfortable though a bit soft for my taste. Also the pillows were too soft for us.
The house keeping does a perfect job even though it is not the same lady that does the job day after day.
They change every day the bed and all the towels !
The night preparation is done around 5-6PM with a chocolate on the bed and fresh towels in the bathroom. It is a nice touch.

The pool is beautiful. During our stay in late September the pool area was always empty. The pool is heated and there is a spa. The pool washrooms are clean. When you need something to eat or drink around the pool the rooms service delivers your order quite quickly.

The reception is effective. There are always 3-4 bell boys hanging around, ready to help you and route you to the right direction. The reception service is highly customer oriented.

You can take a breakfast, a lunch or a dinner at the reception bar. It is a beautiful area to hang around in the late afternoon. In the afternoon they have person playing piano or harp in the bar. Don’t hesitate to take there, a glass of wine after a hard day of work.

The Garden restaurant is nice but not outstanding for the class of the hotel. I could see a more upscale service at the restaurant. Though the food is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rew345
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us in such great detail...we are always delighted to receive feedback from experienced travelers and were flattered by your kind remarks.

We are especially proud that you recognized and appreciated the many special touches we do to personalize and care for our guests. We are committed to providing exemplary services and are thrilled that we were successful in achieving this with you and your family.

Old TV’s - Kindly be advised that we are updating the televisions at the Grand. The entire conversion process (1,164 sets) will take affect in stages, the first order of 100, 42” plasma sets are now on property but until the project is complete, we can update your personal profile to reflect your preference and ensure your satisfaction in the future.

Once again, thank you for such high praise, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand America soon and in the interim, will remain at your service.

Reviewed 5 October 2010

We have stayed at the Grand America several times over the past several years. We have continually been pleased with everything about this hotel. I am a very very picky traveler and this hotel has held its own with the best in major cities over the world. The rates are an amazing value. The rooms are spacious, clean, bright, well-kept up, quiet, and comfortable. The bathrooms are white marble delights, with adequate closet space. We love the suites, because they are great for a small family, including 2 sinks, lots of living room space, and comfortable couches and chairs. The toiletries are good quality. The room service is accurate, with great service and great food. A suite at the Grand America runs between $189-250, a room which would cost you $1500 in New York or Chicago, etc. The lobby is, well, GRAND! The marble pillars, walls and floors are just elegant. The front desk staff is friendly, efficient and accurate. The rooms have down duvets and pillows, great black-out curtains, nice French furniture. They are cheerful and peaceful at the same time. I guess I can't say enough good about this place-- Stay there!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such comprehensive feedback from your recent stay. We very much appreciate hearing the experiences from seasoned travelers such as you.

It is especially rewarding when the details which give the Grand America it’s heart and soul, are recognized…it is the vision of our ownership to offer our guests the very best in facilities, amenities and service at an exceptional value. We could not be more pleased that we successfully executed our service principles for you.

Thank you again for such kind remarks, we are truly honored to have earned your trust and look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand soon. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

The Grand America Hote

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I used a discount internet service to book my flight and when prompted to add a room I saw this hotel and checked it out. I got a great deal so I was not expecting a 5 star hotel. My room is very large on the 18th floor with a breathtaking view. The bathroom is gorgeous and also very large. Very Elegant decor yet I was able to sit in the restaurant and have a light meal (flatbreads w hummus, topinad, grilled red pepper, artichokes) and iced tea for under $15. Looking forward to enjoying the spa tomorrow. This hotel is about a mile from the convention center but you can take the rail system to it for free and stops in front of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your “current” experience with us. We are thrilled that you did in fact “find” us and are honored by your thoughtful remarks.

I kindly ask that you contact any Grand America associate during your stay; if there is anything you need to make your visit more enjoyable.

My colleagues and I surely recognize the tremendous amount of lodging options that were available for your consideration. We thank you for the opportunity to earn your trust on this occasion and look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand for many years to come. Until then, we will remain at your service.

Grand America Hotel

Reviewed 24 September 2010

I've been to the Grand America twice for business and loved it both times. The staff is terrific, the food in the restaurant and the lobby lounge is great, the rooms are big, beautiful and immaculately clean. Only downside - there's not much to do within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are delighted that you consider the Grand America your “favorite hotel” and are truly honored by such high praise.

With respect to your comments regarding our location, kindly be advised that utilizing “Tracks” light rail system located in front of the hotel, will bring the whole of downtown Salt Lake City (shopping, restaurants, entertainment and local attractions), directly to you. The service from the hotel throughout the downtown area is free to passengers. Contact the Grand America concierge desk at 801-258-6703 and we will send you more information on "Tracks" and/or we will customize an itinerary which meets your specific needs.

I hope this information is useful. Please rest assured that your comments are taken to heart. My leadership team and I continually evaluate our services to ensure the overall guest experience fully resonates with each and every guest.

Thank you again for your thoughtful remarks. Please contact me personally at 801-258-6616 when your travel plans call for Salt Lake City in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand soon.

Until then, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

This is a great hotel and a great value for the money! This property is lovely both in a "grand" way, but also provides small touches that make clear the management's focus on providing the best possible experience for its guests. Some of the highlights: great coffee and snacks in the lobby; elegant art work and furnishings throughout the hotel; accommodating staff; free high speed internet and very helpful business center personnel; excellent food for our business meetings; an atmosphere that was continually serene. The only negative: the fitness center opens at 6:00. Earlier access would be great for those with early meetings or transportation arrangements.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are humbled by your remarks and delighted that you have recommended us so highly.

Our goal is that the Grand America offer our guests the very best in fine European craftsmanship then handpick from extraordinary local and season offerings, to add a subtle but equally important component to the overall guest experience. We could not be more pleased that we have successfully executed our service values for you.

Thank you again for your most generous comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and until then, we remain at your service.