“Great beer and grub, bar service lacking”
Review of Beerhive Pub

Beerhive Pub
Ranked #38 of 1,431 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Having been prompted to go to the Beerhive Pub I was met with a small outdoor seating section, smoke free atmosphere and an decent array of local beers on tap. The beer menu was a solid 4 pages clearly laid out and nice to review.
I asked the bartender what he suggested based only taste preference and he hit the spot!! I quaffed down my beer while waiting for my business partner to show and stared at an empty glass and had no luck pulling my bartender over to get a refill. I had to ask him for another and then for a menu and the again to place an order. There were at least two or three others behind the bar with him, he wasn't stacked with crowds 2+ deep so I'm not sure what was up with him. We eventually engaged another bartender with beautiful silver hair and porcelain skin. From then on we were good to go.

Parking: be aware that parking doesn't se to be readily available near the bar although I lucked out with a paid spot payable with my corp Amex and walked in. My friend had to park 2 blocks away.
Food was good, fresh and unremarkable. Fairly priced and quickly delivered.
And YES, the frozen ring that lines the bar is great at keeping your beer cold.
Why don't all bars do this????

1  Thank Christopher D

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Cool place that always has a good mix of people to keep a good energy flowing. The beer selections are always interesting and make for a different experience than most bars can offer. The food could be better or more creative with higher quality but there are plenty of places around here to grab some grub so focus on the drinks!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a really neat bar. Seemed to be a local hangout. Bartender was super friendly. They had a great wine list too!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Has an iced bar to keep your non-alcoholic beer nice and frosty! Utah, your next to Colorado, update your beer laws. Alabama is decades ahead of you, ALABAMA!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a beer lovers pub! I had no clue such a place existed in the mythical land of alcohol restricted Utah. It seems there is a quality beer movement happening the past few years SLC and Utah. About 20 beers on tap and a huge selection of bottles. Craft beer from all over. Nice ice rail on the bar to keep your beer cold. Cool vibe inside. Did not sample the food-which seems to come from a kitchen next door? I just came to sample some of the local beers. Think this would be my "local" if I lived near downtown SLC.